Wrinkly684

The Giant step

Hi everyone

I am a POM living in Spain and would like to know if there is anyone else living in Adelaide who has moved from Spain to Australia and what difficulties they may have encountered.

I have hosted many Poms who have moved out here and don't really see a difference if you are moving from Spain or from the UK.

I have many short term (3 to 6 month) stay guests who split their lives between Spain and Australia.

My own parents are here at the moment, They flew in from the Uk after spending a few months in Spain and other EU countries. They won't be moving here permanently though and will be off traveling again once our OZ summer ends. They have friends in Spain...people who relocated from the UK many years ago.

Thanks for your reply Tamara. Our biggest problem is the language and finding professionals, like doctors, who will issue a health certificate in English. Also shipping and storage agents who understand our requirements. I have no doubt we will muddle through but it would be nice if there was other retirees from Spain who have experienced it all. Keep smiling. Wrinkly 1

Thanks for your reply Tamara. Our biggest problem is the language and finding professionals, like doctors, who will issue a health certificate in English. Also shipping and storage agents who understand our requirements. I have no doubt we will muddle through but it would be nice if there was other retirees from Spain who have experienced it all. Keep smiling. Wrinkly 1

The health requirements are done only through Aus immigration approved Doctors. Your options for that are very limited in Spain.

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/spain

Could you not undertake a medical in the UK? More choice of panel doctors there.

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/united-kingdom