bikerbob

building contractors licence

Can anyone help us my husband has recently left his job and started a property maintenance company, we are being driven mad by the bureaucracy yet again. He has an appointment to get his registration and he has seen the questions and feels he will not be able to be specific enough. he is worried that it will mean he will not get the needed licence. We are both stressed to the max . Has anyone got any experience this this rubbish.

I would suggest contacting the Master Builders Association as they can help and advise you on what to do to get your license as well as help with the interview process.

Can anyone help us my husband has recently left his job and started a property maintenance company, we are being driven mad by the bureaucracy yet again. He has an appointment to get his registration and he has seen the questions and feels he will not be able to be specific enough. he is worried that it will mean he will not get the needed licence. We are both stressed to the max . Has anyone got any experience this this rubbish.

It can be done on line but I am sure he will need to complete a course at TAFE and its about $1000 -its to prove business acumen That's if you want a contractors license My son has his supervisors licence but wanted the contractors one for his business ( his partner who had that license passed away ) They told him TAFE course for business -he's been doing the job for 15 years !!!! Need a police clearance too its a mine field

I have friends who have recently done the TAFE course and attended the interview for the licence. He said that it wasn't anything special.

TAFE often do the courses over a couple of weekends at different venues...different components...law and business management. Might be an idea to look online or give them a call.

I know builders who have done it through master builders.

You may be able to get a discounted rate by registering with CITB

http://www.citb.org.au/

Thanks for that guys my hubbie has done the business course and all the paperwork. He just has to do the interview to get the licence he is just worried it will be indeth as the info they send appears to be about working on site which as a handy man/carpenter not all that relevant. I will tell he all that you have said and try to reassure him. Thanks so much.

Thanks for that guys my hubbie has done the business course and all the paperwork. He just has to do the interview to get the licence he is just worried it will be indeth as the info they send appears to be about working on site which as a handy man/carpenter not all that relevant. I will tell he all that you have said and try to reassure him. Thanks so much.

Can you get references or is there none because he has just started out - have you got any Uk references My sons problem is he is a glazier on call 24/7 and so*s law would see him get a call out during the course