snifter

Bomb threats in schools

My eldest's school (high school) got a call yesterday. They went in to lockdown and most of the kids thought it was just a drill to start with. Makes you wonder what the people doing this are trying to achieve.

They seem to think its a more than just a local or country thing but that its a widespread effort from some group or other. Although I wonder if some of the hoax calls are copycat types perhaps.

At least no one has been harmed. And safety drills seem to be working.

The person doing this has mental issues.

They will be caught.

In the old days! it was very difficult. My OH used to tell me about how difficult it was to catch people who were phoning through false alarms to the fire control room sending out emergency vehicles to the same areas over and over again. It took them 9 years to finally catch one person! Things were very different then though...with the sophisticated communications of today it's only a mater of time until this nutter makes a mistake and they have set up the systems to catch them.

I hope it is just that. Some nutter and not some big operation. It worries me that the resources are all pulled out to individual call outs then there will be a huge attack - maybe in the city and then there will be complete pandemonium. At best. I just moved my son this year to another school but if I hadn't his was one of the Adelaide schools affected with the threat on Friday. Very worrying.

Apparently an 18 year old in France is being questioned in relation to all the hoax automated calls being made. Not just the Adelaide ones.