Bryson

How to get to adelaide

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what do do in order to get to adelaide. At the beginning of the process don't really know where to start.

Current situation: myself 25, time served joiner of 10 years,

My wife 31, bachelors degree in business studies, currently a team leader for large supermarket in UK. Two children. One age 9 one age 16.

Wife's family live in adelaide and we were considering a family sponser but are they considered my family if they are in laws? As my trade is the route we were hoping to follow, due to my wife's occupation not being on the required skills list for SA.

Thanks in anticipation Bryson.

Have you checked if your job is on the sol or csol? Family sponsored visas are not a good option at all as there are hardly any issued. You'd be better off seeing if you can get state sponsored.

Another issue, can I assume that your daughter, from your and her ages, is your step daughter? If so you may very well have problems if her father won't agree. Also, to be included in the application then she must be fully dependent on you. So she HAS to stay in full time education until and permanent visa is issued. This can take quite a while to get everything in place, but that part is very important.

Hi Blossom,

Thank you. Yes both are my step children. The oldest is not in full time education she is on an apex training course. I will need to check if this counts. I will have a look at the lists now. Thanks again :)

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what do do in order to get to adelaide. At the beginning of the process don't really know where to start.

Current situation: myself 25, time served joiner of 10 years,

My wife 31, bachelors degree in business studies, currently a team leader for large supermarket in UK. Two children. One age 9 one age 16.

Wife's family live in adelaide and we were considering a family sponser but are they considered my family if they are in laws? As my trade is the route we were hoping to follow, due to my wife's occupation not being on the required skills list for SA.

Thanks in anticipation Bryson.

You would be well advised to consult a registered migration agent to develop a visa strategy.

To satisfy the immigration department criteria, either party to a spousal relationship can be the primary visa applicant. To satisfy South Australia and receive the considerable concessions available to applicants with relatives residing in South Australia, the direct relative of the South Australian resident must be the primary visa applicant.

Thanks all. The Training course leads to apprenticeship. Which I believe qualifies as full time education. We are going to try and apply for a 189 visa ourselves.

Thanks all. The Training course leads to apprenticeship. Which I believe qualifies as full time education. We are going to try and apply for a 189 visa ourselves.

You have been badly advised and you are planning to proceed incorrectly. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a viable strategy?

I have to agree with Westley. As far as I know apprenticeships don't count as full time education as they are earning some money. Even if at uni, if they take on a part time job it can complicate things as they are supposed to be totally financially dependent on you.

I have to agree with Westley. As far as I know apprenticeships don't count as full time education as they are earning some money. Even if at uni, if they take on a part time job it can complicate things as they are supposed to be totally financially dependent on you.

Dependent children must be in full time study only if applying for a subclass 101, or the onshore equivalent.

Dependent children must be in full time study only if applying for a subclass 101, or the onshore equivalent.

Has this changed? Lots of people have been refused for many other visas when their children have got jobs in the past.

Has this changed? Lots of people have been refused for many other visas when their children have got jobs in the past.

If they were working, then presumably they were not dependants.

I was responding to the misunderstanding about full time study being a visa criterion. This is true only or child family members aged between 18 and 25, who apply before or after a visa grant to the parent/s. Dependants other than partners or children can be any age and must be included on the initial visa application or else they cannot be sponsored as family members.