Does anyone get AM and afternoon tea breaks in Australia; I seem to only get a lunch. What are the rules here? That's illegal back home:/

Guest Bex & Nick

I get a 15 min morning tea break and 1h for lunch

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Go to the Safe work SA website find you job category and you will find what you are intitled to! You will need to know what award you are in as the hours and breaks are different for different industries.

sarah

Guest salisbury massive

I don't get a break until I've been at work 5 hours and then its 15 minutes.

Jo

Go to the Safe work SA website find you job category and you will find what you are intitled to! You will need to know what award you are in as the hours and breaks are different for different industries.

sarah

that is bloody impossible to navigate. i'm an insurance broker--surely i'm entitled to tea breaks:arghh:

Guest Nick11
    Does anyone get AM and afternoon tea breaks in Australia; I seem to only get a lunch. What are the rules here? That's illegal back home:/

I only get lunch break - no morning or afternoon breaks. I think you get 30 mins after 5 hours.

The rules are different here.

I don't have scheduled tea breaks but I get up and get a cup of tea whenever I like. Unfortunately that is not often enough. You are supposed to go away from your computer for 5 minutes for every hour you work but they expect you to continue working. I know of some companies who have scheduled tea breaks though so it's all the luck of the straw.

My kids if they work over 4 hours are entitled to a 15 min paid break, 5 hours or over a meal break. One works in Kmart and the other one In Coles Deli.

Nurses get a paid 15 min teabreak and 1/2 hour unpaid meal break. If you work 12 hr shifts you get 2 paid tea breaks.

Guest anniewo

depends which award you are under. After 5 hours you need to take a 30 minute break. Morning/afternoon tea break should be taken after 3hours for the HSE award.

Guest Django
    i'm an insurance broker

Do you know what you've just admitted on a public forum? :shocked::biglaugh:

Cup of tea, on a mat, on your desk, problem solved. ;)

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    that is bloody impossible to navigate. i'm an insurance broker--surely i'm entitled to tea breaks:arghh:
    Yep totally agree, there is a number you can ring to speak to someone, they dont ask you the name of the company or anything you can just say waht you do they will give you the info you are looking for. They did for my son, his is 5 hrs before a break but most of the time he has to wait 6!!!:arghh:.

I get cross but he says leave it mum!:err:

Guest Denise 42

Hi I'm a psychiatric nurse work 7am til 19.41 i get 40mins late morning and 40min afternoon