Guest coleman

More Help Please

Guest coleman

Sorry i know most of my questions will have been asked and answered before i just cant find them.:arghh:

My Husband is a qualified electricans but has been working as a engineer for the past 4 years.

We have are visa he is a general electrican according to tra but he is not able to find any work at present(hoping its just because he isnt there yet) we have to be over there by September so Phill is thinking of coming over in early July and we will follow at the end of the school year. The reason for this is to give him a chnace of finding a job before we arrive.

He is looking to be electrican or a foreman as he would like to get back on site and out of the office less hassle.

How long does it take to get your SA Electrical papers to work alone? is it really hard?

How easy is it to work while you are still waiting to complete the SA test? will anyone employe him before he completed the paper work?

Any good sites for employment most seem only interested once you are over there?

Any more help that i havent thought of would be good.

Time is running out for us really and worried about going and not getting work as we are renting out the house so no big cash lump sums to bring with us.

Thank you so mucsh to anyone who can help.:notworthy:

Debbie Phill Jack and Laure

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Sorry i know most of my questions will have been asked and answered before i just cant find them.:arghh:

My Husband is a qualified electricans but has been working as a engineer for the past 4 years.

We have are visa he is a general electrican according to tra but he is not able to find any work at present(hoping its just because he isnt there yet) we have to be over there by September so Phill is thinking of coming over in early July and we will follow at the end of the school year. The reason for this is to give him a chnace of finding a job before we arrive.

He is looking to be electrican or a foreman as he would like to get back on site and out of the office less hassle.

How long does it take to get your SA Electrical papers to work alone? is it really hard?

How easy is it to work while you are still waiting to complete the SA test? will anyone employe him before he completed the paper work?

Any good sites for employment most seem only interested once you are over there?

Any more help that i havent thought of would be good.

Time is running out for us really and worried about going and not getting work as we are renting out the house so no big cash lump sums to bring with us.

Thank you so mucsh to anyone who can help.:notworthy:

Debbie Phill Jack and Laure

Have you checked out the OCBA website, these are the guys that deal with licences. I am sure there are things you can start on before you leave england. Try the website or give them a ring

sarah

Guest Desmund

My brother-in-law is also a UK qualified electrician and it took him six months to get his Australian licence sorted. Employers won't look at you for electrician's work unless you've got your Australian licence. My advice is, if you can, get as much sorted out before migration as you can.

Des.

Guest Russfamily

its much harder to find work when your on the other side of the world. and yes its a pain trying to sort out your electrical license but there are firms that will take u on before u have your license and they will most probally call u an electricians mate and let u work only supervised to stay on the right side of the law so dont woory there is work out there and enjoy the move check out careerone .co and also seek .com

and i think thers another one called byron employment

hi, if you book into peer training to do the wiring rules course (3 days) and have your tra you can get your sa licence immediately. if you dont yet have your tra you need to do the same as you did for your initial migration, letters and references, signed copies of certificates etc, the more the better, there is a post somewhere on here telling you exactly what to do. this can be done and posted from uk as long as you have an aus address, and takes about 4-6 weeks. i was lucky to find a co. who employed me before i got the licence, and seem to employ a few poms. pm me and ill give you a phone no.

Guest coleman

Thanks for your message i will carrying on with the agencies but iam now going to hand in a months notice( ithink) and come out, that seems to be the only way. Family will follow later.

Any more advice and help please let me know.