becky2015

Permanent visa 801

Can anyone give me advice. I am married and I am told I have to wait for 2 years until I can be

processed for permancy from my lodgement date of 13/01/2015.

Does anyone know more about this... Do they request information to process a certain about of time before that date so a descion is made by the lodgement date ?

Can anyone tell if there is much informaiton required, as I have been told not much as the majority of information was given when we applied for the PMV.

Difficult to get much information.

Thank you.

You'll just be asked to prove your relationship is still ongoing. So more of the same in terms of supporting evidence to show you've been together the past couple of years (so make sure you save the stuff, don't bin it), bills, rental or mortgage papers, that sort of thing. Think you'll need a couple more stat decs from Aussies and also provide your own supporting statements.

Be aware though, that although eligibility is at the 2 year mark and you will submit your evidence etc then, the processing time after this to the actual grant of PR has gotten longer and longer. I don't know how long the wait time will be once you hit the 2 year mark and can then submit for your PR. Can only wait and see when it comes round. Its pretty long now and chances are, could get longer. It won't affect you other than you'll be stuck on the temp visa till then. You will be contacted nearer the 2 year mark by immi about it all.

Thank you! Some of the stuff they are asking for is a bit odd. In each of the section we could provide proof but not all

points . Like the house is in my husbands name as he bought the house a year before I came here. It would cost far too much

to get this changed to both our names. We could only get one of the bills transfered into both our names. We don't do sport together. But just the usual going out for meals and catching up with friends now and then. We have not been able to afford to go away other than our honey moon. hope that won't matter....

Shouldn't at all. Don't worry overly about it all. Its easy to overthink it and think you have to have everything showing in both your names when you don't. You've plenty of time till the PR stage. Just save things that can back up your application for the PR stage. Pop it in a box till its needed.

What matters is that you can show you are a couple, ongoing relationship and still together. So if the mortgage is in his name, just say that and why.

You possibly have a joint bank account to the same address which would be handy. If not, individual accounts where you can show the same address and also money moving between accounts for things or some such.

Also things like wills, life insurance policy, named driver on the car insurance, all those are good. If you have mobile phones the bills would go to the same address for you both. Or if you are like husband and I, he pays for the internet and both our mobile phones in a package. But one phone is mine, the other his.

If you applied for a partner visa off the back of the PMV they don't expect all the evidence as perhaps a couple married and/or living together for longer would have. You'd get the temp partner visa and then have to wait for PR is the thing.