Guest dinawayneandkids

movin'

Guest dinawayneandkids

figured this was the best place to ask!

we are hoping to pack up and ship over soon is there any trades men out there who have taken thier tools over.

my husband is a plumber and we were wondering how clean things have to be? any pommie plumbers with any tips would be warmly welcome.

And what about bikes etc how fussy are they?

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

I gave my carpentry tools a good blow down to remove sawdust etc then gave them a good wipe with a oily rag no probs, bikes make sure you clean all mud off everywhere wipe them down with Jeyes fluid and you should be fine,

Guzzler

Guest Nick11
    Hi,

I gave my carpentry tools a good blow down to remove sawdust etc then gave them a good wipe with a oily rag no probs, bikes make sure you clean all mud off everywhere wipe them down with Jeyes fluid and you should be fine,

Guzzler

Hubby did the same with his!! No probs at all.

I've heard they inspect bikes for dirt on tyres and oil in the chains - but as we didn't ship ours over - can't comment on that.

Hi there,

we brought bikes over, we didn't have an outside tap at our house, so we put them in the bath and scrubbed them down and then hosed them with the shower.

We got them this side with no problems at all.

Hi

we made sure all hubby's tools were clean and dust free and with the bikes we put new tyres on. Everything got through customs with no problem

Wendy

Guest dinawayneandkids

thanks for advice its great to speak to people who have recently done things is redwood park near banksia park that is where we are hoping to settle