Guest cunnah10

advice please schools!Seaford primary & Port Noarlunga South

Guest cunnah10

Hi gang

I'm after some info again please!

Have been looking at schools/kindy for my 4 kids (aged nearly 4,7,9 and nearly 11)

What can you tell me about :

SEAFORD PRIMARY

AND

PORT NOARLUNGA SOUTH(With fab looking aquatic centre)

Would you rate one against the other or does anybody have kids that already go to either of these schools and how are they getting on?

Thanks

Gill

x

Guest Nick11
    Hi gang

I'm after some info again please!

Have been looking at schools/kindy for my 4 kids (aged nearly 4,7,9 and nearly 11)

What can you tell me about :

SEAFORD PRIMARY

AND

PORT NOARLUNGA SOUTH(With fab looking aquatic centre)

Would you rate one against the other or does anybody have kids that already go to either of these schools and how are they getting on?

Thanks

Gill

x

My friends kids go to port N. South and she's really happy with it.

This is my opinion of Seaford Primary (sorry am being lazy as have posted this on another forum, so have cut and pasted, no points for originality) - my son has been there since October and wow I have to say I am impressed! Initially I was a little concerned - its very different to the school he went to in the UK (this was a beacon school). He arrived and was placed in year 1 (he was in year 1 in the UK) and was struggling in comparison to kids of the same age there. They have pulled out a lot of stops with him and he now has extra lessons twice a week and is beginning to fly (thats from a proud parent). The teachers are all lovely and approachable and the kids seem to ooze confidence (in a good way) and they are happy. They are lots of extra curricular activities - Thomas does chess, soccer and is starting keyboard lessons soon. The kindy is fantastic too and for all you new arrivals there is a playgroup there on a Friday morning 9am - 11am - fantastic facilities and friendly mums too.

Lindsey

Guest cunnah10
    This is my opinion of Seaford Primary (sorry am being lazy as have posted this on another forum, so have cut and pasted, no points for originality) - my son has been there since October and wow I have to say I am impressed! Initially I was a little concerned - its very different to the school he went to in the UK (this was a beacon school). He arrived and was placed in year 1 (he was in year 1 in the UK) and was struggling in comparison to kids of the same age there. They have pulled out a lot of stops with him and he now has extra lessons twice a week and is beginning to fly (thats from a proud parent). The teachers are all lovely and approachable and the kids seem to ooze confidence (in a good way) and they are happy. They are lots of extra curricular activities - Thomas does chess, soccer and is starting keyboard lessons soon. The kindy is fantastic too and for all you new arrivals there is a playgroup there on a Friday morning 9am - 11am - fantastic facilities and friendly mums too.

Lindsey

hey guys "thank you so much" for that info regarding Seaford Primary!

Sounds a really good school!

Gill

Guest cunnah10
    Hi just to let you know that its Seaford K7 that I'm refering to.

thanks!i thought it was that one!

Guest Deb17

My son, almost 11, goes to Seaford K-7, fairly nice school, he enjoys most of it, especially the sport, although it's a big cultural shock and the curriculum is pretty different - I do know about this, having been a UK teacher and done relief work in local schools. A friend of mine wasn't so keen on the kindy - she sent her son there for a few months and took him out because of the 'uncaring' attitude of staff.

Guest cunnah10
    My son, almost 11, goes to Seaford K-7, fairly nice school, he enjoys most of it, especially the sport, although it's a big cultural shock and the curriculum is pretty different - I do know about this, having been a UK teacher and done relief work in local schools. A friend of mine wasn't so keen on the kindy - she sent her son there for a few months and took him out because of the 'uncaring' attitude of staff.

Thanks for replying

Where did you friend decide to place her little un after taking them out of the kindy at Seaford?

GILL

Hi there

My son is in kindy there and I cant say that I've ever found the staff anything less than fantastic. Friends of mine also have children there and I've never heard any complaints. I always find it impressive that they know my son who is in year 1 and always make time to ask about him. Oliver has been going to occassional care there since we arrived and is thriving. This is just my opinion we all have different experiences!

Lindsey

Guest katsmajic

Hi, you didnt mention Moana but it is in the same area as seaford, we live in seaford but d goes to moana primary and lil man goes to moana kindy, both are really happy and have settled really well, i have no complaints at all about either.

Same re seaford 6-12.

Guest Taylors08

We are in the process of applying for a visa and have 2 daughters, 10 & 1 and im just after a bit of information regarding schools.. Is there a cost for schooling? Even in public schools?? What about nursery??

Guest cunnah10
    Hi, you didnt mention Moana but it is in the same area as seaford, we live in seaford but d goes to moana primary and lil man goes to moana kindy, both are really happy and have settled really well, i have no complaints at all about either.

Same re seaford 6-12.

came across Moana School today!

Looks great too and didnt realize that they have a kindy also!!

Guest katsmajic

Hi,

All schools have costs of some kind, materials etc.

Private schools here are cheaper than private in the UK if thats what your after, but the normal schools just charge for materials etc, my 10yr old missed a term and her fees pro rata were $140, the jumper/tshirt/hat with the school logo cost about $55.

Senior school STILL havnt let me know the fees!!! jumper was $30 though.

My lil mans kindy is $55 a term.

Hope this helps.

We are in the process of applying for a visa and have 2 daughters, 10 & 1 and im just after a bit of information regarding schools.. Is there a cost for schooling? Even in public schools?? What about nursery??

Guest Deb17

I've actually done a few days relief teaching at Moana. It's a nice school from the outside, sure, huge grounds and reasonably good resources, but some of the teachers I've met there gave me the cold shivers. The words 'old battleaxe' spring to mind. But maybe I'm just being narky - 'cos they're working there and I'm not. Some of the younger teachers were lovely, but none of them came across as being highly organized, if you know what I mean. Shucks - I should be careful not to say anything too defamatory - they might be spying in!!!!

Guest sprayer

Hi

We are hopefully moving to Adelaide in Oct/Nov this year. We have been looking around Seaford area. My eldest son is 12 in August so will be starting secondary school in Oz in Jan 09. He is already in Y7 in UK.

Ideally I would like him to start at primary school for a few months so he can get to know kids and settle and hopefully move up to secondary school with new friends. How soon do you have to apply for secondary school. Is it like the UK were you apply months before for your chosen one.

Also could anyone recomend good secondary schools in Seaford area.

thanks, sorry for all the questions.

Hiya

The yr 7s have already applied for their yr 8 placement, your son will be allocated a place at your local zoned high school, which probably a chunk from his primary school will go to anyway. Pick your high school, move into the zone and then find your primary school, as he'll only be there for a couple of weeks. It won't matter so much at high school cos the old friendship groups from primary schools tend to drift apart as they meet other kids.

Guest Deb17

Hi,

My son goes to Seaford 6-12 and he loves it there. In his second year and has loads of friends and a great form teacher he had last year too. The school won all sorts of awards last year, for being the best improved school in S.A. I think it was, so standards are way up and it's become very popular. I think they're starting the International Baccaleaureate program there soon (hope I've spelt that right!) so there will be loads of good academic subjects to study for as well as the more vocational qualifications it seems all the High School kids out here go for.

My son only went to Seaford K-7 for three months so he missed the usual enrolment dates but still had no problems getting him into the High School. In the UK he couldn't get a place in a secondary school for love nor money.

Just in case anybody's Catholic out there, don't forget, apart from the government schools at Moana, Seaford and Seaford Rise, there is All Saints Primary in Seaford as well, although you would have to pay to send your kids there.