Matsrossco

In Tanunda Staying

Hi everyone - we're in Tanunda for another week and wondered if there are any 16 or 17yo in the area to show my son Mathew some of the local activities?

Hope you're enjoying your arrival; the weather's been pretty kind to you. As far as I'm aware there's not too many active posters who live up that way; one or two, so hopefully they may be able to help you out, otherwise I hope your son manages to make the most of his last week just getting a feel for the town and surrounds.

Hi everyone - we're in Tanunda for another week and wondered if there are any 16 or 17yo in the area to show my son Mathew some of the local activities?

Ask around there will probably be a local footy match AFL not soccer and go wander around and just speak to people ,ask in local shops too you will hopefully find they will give you some tips

I'd hit any footy club around 1pm tomorrow to see a local game of Aussie rules. They play Saturday and Sunday, usually kids play in the mornings, adults in the afternoon, depending on the level the adults play to. Usually a BBQ and other food and so on being served. Might cost $5 to take the car in and park. Usually very welcoming places. Always worth checking out and seeing if you can chat to some of the locals, they really love their footy and hopefully will be up for a chat (if not too stuck on watching the game).

As has been said, not many active members live up that way so you may not get anyone able to show you guys around but you never know.

I just had a look at the local Tanunda club fixtures and it looks like they play all their adult games on a Saturday so you've missed them this weekend.

If the league they play in has all their fixtures on a Saturday, chances are other clubs in the area are playing the same day as them so may not be any games on around you up there tomorrow.

I know where we are its games all weekend with the A and B grade playing this afternoon, C grade and some other teams tomorrow. Plus U14's Saturday morning and then U12's, U10's, U8's on Sunday mornings.

Thanks everyone - looks like we'll head out and see what we find!! If anyone is in the area next week it would be good to catch up so my son can spend time without us oldies!!