Next Ladies Day Out Suggestions!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Now then, Guzzler has done some research and we have a few ideas which I thought I would throw out there.

I would like to be selfish and make this suggestion first - I was visiting a client this week and walked back to the office with a colleague and we walked down Rundle Street (not to be confused with Rundle Mall!) - it is stunning - lovely boutiques, wine bars, coffee shops etc and I would love to get lost down there child/husband free for a few hours and have a bite to eat. Would be great on a saturday afternoon and the cost would be whatever you want it to be (bus/train fare) - we could arrange to meet there at a specific time and just sort out refreshments as and when we require them - so no need to gather money up front. May not sound much to some, but then it would be a good excuse for a natter, possibly some window shopping or real shopping - just keep it nice and easy. So that is suggestion number one.

Next one, would take some planning and collecting of money. Apparently you can have a private cinema showing and rent the theatre for $600 (if that is 30 of you, that's about $30 per head) but you get the film and drinks free (I think!). You can also order dinner which is extra and they bring that to you. The seats are fabulous, reclineable etc and it is a first class service. But we would need to have confirmed numbers and perhaps invite other friends along too. I am still doing some enquiries about whether we need to get the whole 30 people or whether the cinema take other parties too. But obviously for that we need to book ahead - perhaps a Thursday night to double up with late night shopping or a saturday matinee/evening. Any thoughts?

He also looked into other wine trips, whale/dolphin cruises etc, but then you are talking about collecting money - affordability for some people etc etc.

All I really want to do, is see if there is any interest, book a date for perhaps the next 6-8weeks so that we have something to work towards. The cinema could perhaps be trip number 2 because we need some time to organise it and make sure we have enough people and that there will be no drop outs.

If neither suits anyone, then perhaps someone else would like to come up with an idea? Remember the idea is to get some folks together, to help newbies meet other people, have some time out and make friends. I am all for scuba-diving, paintball etc, but not really helpful if you don't know anyone and just want a natter ..... - just a thought though.

Hope to get some comments and interest.

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Sarah, I would definitely be up for a meet in Rundle St! Richie and I went to the Belgian Beer Cafe which is just off Rundle St a few weeks ago and it was fabulous. We drank our favourite beer (Leffe Dark) and got a bit merry, oh the joys of being child free! If that tops the poll then I am most definitely there!

The Rundle Street thing is a good idea, what about doing it on a Sunday morning incorporating it with the Rundle Street market?? Just a thought.

I've been thinking of another idea today, more for the lads than anything else but not just for a ladies day out. What about a day trip starting off at the Port Elliott Pits go-karting and then on to the Steam Exchange Brewery in Port Elliott and the Myponga Brewery.

:idea:

Guest jojo

Hi all

I found out from Morphettville Race track that we could go on a Saturday and get entrance into the Diva lounge. It is about $60 each but that includes 8 drink vouchers and a meal and the lounge over looks the finish line and parade circle, we can stay all day, and someone comes and takes your bets for you. Just a thought if anyone was interested. Perhaps its one we could do later in the year and save up for. and a chance to put on our glad rags.:jiggy:

Jo xx:)

Guest Libby1971

I like the idea of the Sat visit to Rundle Street. I like Sats being the day for doing things as there are plenty of options for the blokes left with the kids and then I get the following day for relaxing with my family before work the next day.

I would be a sitting duck for paintballing - I haven't moved at speed for almost 20 years!!!!!

I think the difficulty with making a booking Sas is that people may let you down. Utterly biased I know based on my stressful earlier experiences but that is why Rundle Street is my preferred option as then everyone has to take responsibility for themselves.

I like Liz's idea though...does anyone know somewhere with a decent choc fountain?

Libby

Guest jojo
I like the idea of the Sat visit to Rundle Street. I like Sats being the day for doing things as there are plenty of options for the blokes left with the kids and then I get the following day for relaxing with my family before work the next day.

I would be a sitting duck for paintballing - I haven't moved at speed for almost 20 years!!!!!

I think the difficulty with making a booking Sas is that people may let you down. Utterly biased I know based on my stressful earlier experiences but that is why Rundle Street is my preferred option as then everyone has to take responsibility for themselves.

I like Liz's idea though...does anyone know somewhere with a decent choc fountain?

Libby

I agree yes a day shopping would be bliss and easier to organise, or i could just sit in a cafe all day catching up with my trashy magazines.:biglaugh:

Jo xx

Guest Libby1971
I agree yes a day shopping would be bliss and easier to organise, or i could just sit in a cafe all day catching up with my trashy magazines.:biglaugh:

Jo xx

Yes you could read trashy mags but you forgot to mention dripping chocolate all over them!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Libby

Guest jojo
Yes you could read trashy mags but you forgot to mention dripping chocolate all over them!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Libby

Ok ok you caught me out, on the shopping day I will be found if anyone wants me in either Darrell Leas or Haighs both incidently are near to Rundle street!!:biglaugh:

with my magazines if anyone wants to share. ( mags not chocolate!!! )

Jo xx

Guest Libby1971

Sounds great!!!

Do you remember chocolate covered pretzels in the UK a few years ago? I just remembered them! Are they still made?

Libby

Guest cunnah10
Hi there

Now then, Guzzler has done some research and we have a few ideas which I thought I would throw out there.

I would like to be selfish and make this suggestion first - I was visiting a client this week and walked back to the office with a colleague and we walked down Rundle Street (not to be confused with Rundle Mall!) - it is stunning - lovely boutiques, wine bars, coffee shops etc and I would love to get lost down there child/husband free for a few hours and have a bite to eat. Would be great on a saturday afternoon and the cost would be whatever you want it to be (bus/train fare) - we could arrange to meet there at a specific time and just sort out refreshments as and when we require them - so no need to gather money up front. May not sound much to some, but then it would be a good excuse for a natter, possibly some window shopping or real shopping - just keep it nice and easy. So that is suggestion number one.

Next one, would take some planning and collecting of money. Apparently you can have a private cinema showing and rent the theatre for $600 (if that is 30 of you, that's about $30 per head) but you get the film and drinks free (I think!). You can also order dinner which is extra and they bring that to you. The seats are fabulous, reclineable etc and it is a first class service. But we would need to have confirmed numbers and perhaps invite other friends along too. I am still doing some enquiries about whether we need to get the whole 30 people or whether the cinema take other parties too. But obviously for that we need to book ahead - perhaps a Thursday night to double up with late night shopping or a saturday matinee/evening. Any thoughts?

He also looked into other wine trips, whale/dolphin cruises etc, but then you are talking about collecting money - affordability for some people etc etc.

All I really want to do, is see if there is any interest, book a date for perhaps the next 6-8weeks so that we have something to work towards. The cinema could perhaps be trip number 2 because we need some time to organise it and make sure we have enough people and that there will be no drop outs.

If neither suits anyone, then perhaps someone else would like to come up with an idea? Remember the idea is to get some folks together, to help newbies meet other people, have some time out and make friends. I am all for scuba-diving, paintball etc, but not really helpful if you don't know anyone and just want a natter ..... - just a thought though.

Hope to get some comments and interest.

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Sounds fantastic!I am dying to meet all you "girlies" out there in Adelaide!Just wish i could say count me in for this one but i won't be arriving until August so i will just have to be patient!

Enjoy the next ladies day whatever you decide to do!!!!!

Gill

Guest caoimhe
Hi there

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Oh Sas now I realise why Keith has made all those comments about you being a shop-a-holic :biglaugh:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Morning

Easy peezy then - day out shopping/beer drinking/choc fountain, ready glossy mags - it is then - to please everyone. Thoughts on dates - what about 2nd weekend in July to include newbie Rachael too then? What about Saturday 12 July then?

Don't forget now Rundle Street and not Mall - but I will see if anyone knows if there is chocolate fountain anywhere and a reasonable cheap place to have some lunch or tea.

Looking forward to it already - best earn some money and get saving! Off to work now - cheers girls.

Sas

xxx

Guest Donna
Hi all

I found out from Morphettville Race track that we could go on a Saturday and get entrance into the Diva lounge. It is about $60 each but that includes 8 drink vouchers and a meal and the lounge over looks the finish line and parade circle, we can stay all day, and someone comes and takes your bets for you. Just a thought if anyone was interested. Perhaps its one we could do later in the year and save up for. and a chance to put on our glad rags.:jiggy:

Jo xx:)

Shopping and lunch sounds very good to me.

Jo, I am LOVING the idea of a ladies day at the races - that has got to be a definite for the future!

:D Hungry Jacks has lots of room and has cheerful decor and it is at the start of Rundle St :D

Seriously though, Cafe bongiourno's is the 1st Italian place on the right heading east (towards the hills). There is another on the left about halfway down but I forget what it's called, it's Italian too.

The Belgian beer place is towards the end down a side st on the right. The Austral is an ok pub. The Exeter is a bit rougher.

Loads of choice infood - greek, asian, Italian, sushi.

And you can go into Morning Glory to have sticky pics taken in the booth with your new pals, and then buy some Korean stationary.

there is a good surfie gear shop.

Rachel

Just a thought, I will have to check this out first, but given a few like the sound of Rundle 'Street' & the cinema, I will make a few enquiries about VIP tickets perhaps for the Palace/Nova cinema where I work. It will combine 2 great ideas into 1 :). I may get some discount to.

Unfortunately I don't think we have luxury seating area but I do know that they already offer a very nice meal at Spices or ? on Rundle St plus your cinema ticket for a set fee of approx $30, I'll check the price & details on Tuesday. This probably won't be given much discount by me cause its a set price but I can ask all the same.

I'll post later this week with an update.

Angela x

Guest Happychick

hi ,

have just arrived in adelaide and would love to come along on the girls only meet (no children or men what bliss), i am in on what ever is decided but the shopping sounds like fun, if anything is changed and any money is needed thats fine,

Will be great to meet everyone

looking forward to it

Lisa

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Well it sounds like a confirmed date then - will make the "finer" arrangements nearer the time. Rachel, thanks for the suggestions, can you make it too?

Date for the diary then is Saturday 12 July - will arrange a time nearer the time.

Angela - thanks for looking into the cinema too, that would be great is anyone fancies it. I feel a plan coming together - happy to sort this one and leave the next one to someone else.

Please don't think this is all about shopping and spending money (well if you want to you can!) but it gives us all some time out - if you are strapped for cash, you just need train/bus fare and enough money for coffee/refreshments, but you can meet other people and have a natter.

Obviously because this one is in the city, then everyone can come along, north, south, east, west - let's make it a big one and meet folks from all over - would be good to see new faces too.

By the end of the week will get a new thread with dates and times confirmed.

Cheers girls ...

Sas

xxx

Guest Guzzler&Sas

that is what I am worried about (for me, not you!) that I may have a sip or two and end up buying a bargain $300 hat to wear to the greyhound racing or something! :goofy:

Think I will have to limit myself to having my first sip after my shopping ... hic!

Cheers Jac!

xxx

Guest theforrests

I'd definitely be up for the Rundle St trip - sounds fantastic to be able to shop/browse/drink coffee/gossip without the children!