Partner Visa and Case worker

Jonleahy

Hi I was hoping someone might be able to help I applied for a partner visa submitted and paid for through the immiaccount at the beginning of September. My wife and sponsor moved mid September to Adelaide. I've been sorting out the house and packed furniture in shipping crate which is due to arrive in Adelaide 13/15 December.

My questions are;

1. It does not appear that a case office has been assigned I have not received an email or a letter is September to November excessive to wait for a case officer to be assigned?

2. Is there anyway to contact someone to check if there is an issue?

3. We have not updated her address on the Immiaccount should we and will that help things?

Thanks for any advice

Jonathan

You are still in N.I from what I can work out.

Off shore applications via the London office it is perfectly normal to not hear from a CO for a few months. Often it can be 3 months or so before a CO is assigned. If you front loaded your medical and police check and include all the other evidence they require you may not even hear from one till they are ready to grant the visa.

Off shore applications in the UK are currently officially running at 10-14 months processing time. However, quite a lot are now getting them sooner, around the 6 month mark but this is not a given.

There is a general email address you can contact but honestly, if you applied in September I don't see any reason to be enquiring yet.

Re her address, I don't think it will make a jot of difference to the speed of the application. So long as they have your contact details (ie correct email addy and phone) in case they need to contact you for something as you are the applicant here.

You can update it if you wish as if they want a current address then it should be logged but they may also then question why you are living apart and want proof you are still together etc. Be prepared for all the possibles.

Honestly, a partner visa is a waiting game and its perfectly normal to not hear from a CO for a long time. So long as you've lodged, paid the fee etc and submitted all your evidence I don't see a reason to worry right now.

• 2 weeks later...