Barry1986

State sponsorship waiting time

Just wondering if anyone has recently applied for state sponsorship or recently had an invite with state sponsorship. Just wanting to know how long I maybe waiting for a decision. Applied 2 weeks ago. Roofer with 60 points. Any advice welcome

We/Kirsty lodged 190 visa application last week (Dec 7) The SA website says it is currently 6-8 weeks but I guess we have to take Christmas into account and we are not really expecting anything this side of it. If there is it will be a bonus.

We/Kirsty lodged 190 visa application last week (Dec 7) The SA website says it is currently 6-8 weeks but I guess we have to take Christmas into account and we are not really expecting anything this side of it. If there is it will be a bonus.

I did ours on the 1st. How many points and what occupation are you? It would be great to say in touch and compare timelines. Am thinking maybe mid January. When are you hoping to get out there?

Kirsty is the first named applicant, she has 85 points and occupation of Laboratory Manager.

I note that the SA migration site is now showing that they are closed from 23rd-3rd Jan so I think mid-late January is about right yes.

We are going on (another) recce to Adelaide early in February and also taking a drive through Victoria visiting friends on the way. Our plan is to move during 2017 but haven't made definite plans yet until everything goes through. It is something we have been looking at and talking about since 2013 so enough kicking the can down the road, really.

Hello Barry/Acescribe, Invitation is usually granted between 6-8 weeks for SA, i got mine in 8th week in Oct 2016. Due to holidays coming up it would just add couple of days extra. All the very best to you both :)

Hay yesterday I received an invite on a 190. I applied for state sponsorship on the 1st of December. With the waiting time been 6 week and with Christmas inbetween it was a great surprise. So the waiting list can't be to bad. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY