Nairnandtain

Applying for new UK passport

We are not yet Aus citizens although we have been here for just over 4 years. My 11 year old son needs a new UK passport, how do I go about applying for one from Australia. Don't know where to begin!!

Regards,

Shelley.

Its pretty straightforward. All UK overseas passport applications now go via the UK and are charged at the same rate as you would pay there also.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Ensure when you get the photos done they are done to the UK passport spec and size. They are different to Aus specifications and places like a Kodak shop or some such will be able to do them to the correct sizings. I know we got our son a new one a while back and I walked into the Kodak shop in Glenelg, said it was for a UK passport and it was no issue. We had to wait 15 minutes for them to print etc but we nipped off to a shop or two then called back.

There isn't a long turnaround time these days either. We got our son's back within a few weeks.

I need to do this. I assume all the orig docs have to go to the uk. Dreading sending original docs. I've got all six kids to do two passports for and two kids its first time Aus and uk . Maybe I will embrace this today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we sent colour scans of Aus passport. All the pages. Might be remembering wrong but that seems to be what my brain is telling me.

Thinking more like birth certs. Can't decide whether to get Aus ones first because they will be quicker. Or uk ones first in case the queen dies, Australia becomes a republic and dual citizenship ceases to be offered.... thoughts????!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk