John Browning

State Aged Pension from the UK

-does anyone have any recent experience claiming their British Old Age Pension?

-what has been your experience?

In theory, DSS in the UK owe me a small pension for the years I worked there. -But in practice, I'm not keen taking on the task while there is any doubt about my assets test for the OZ pension.

Any first hand experience??

John B :swoon:

Hi John

I am not sure what the assets test and UK state pension have got to do with each other........................claiming the UK state pension will not have any impact on the assets test (and vice versa), the income test perhaps (depending whether you are under or over the assets test threshold).

Centrelink required me to apply for my UK pension when my Aus pension was income based. It was a long form, but not too complicted and I get my pension quarterly. It is counted in the Centrelink Income Test, not the asset test and is declared as foreign income on my tax return.

• Like 1

-does anyone have any recent experience claiming their British Old Age Pension?

-what has been your experience?

In theory, DSS in the UK owe me a small pension for the years I worked there. -But in practice, I'm not keen taking on the task while there is any doubt about my assets test for the OZ pension.

Any first hand experience??

John B :swoon:

If you get a Centrelink pension they will insist you claim your uk state pension

if your uk pension is a small one it probably won't affect your Centrelink pension

• Like 1