Which Suburb

Guest Happychick

Guest Happychick

Hi everyone ,

we are currently looking for rentals at the moment, pretty sure we will end up in seaford rise to start with, we have driven around and looked at a lot of different places which most seem really nice,, had a look at the ones on the coast christies beach, hallett cove, moana, etc and also aberfoyle and flagstaff,, I know its down to the individual and what they like i just wanted to ask where is everyone living and what made you choose that paticular area,, as one minute i like one area and then i see another and like that, Just wanted to get peoples views for later down the line when we look at either another rental or to buy..

Hope this all makes sense starting to sound like a bit of a ramble i know

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Guest SA Great

Yes they do all start to look the same in the end!! We chose Flagstaff Hill because it is closer to the city but still good value and is close to the beautiful Sturt Gorge. I have always thought that Aberfoyle Park is great value for housing but it really is up to the individual.

Guest graandjac

;)The $1,000,000 question i guess comes down to how much money you have ...? , our advice would be dont listen to hear say and only listen to advice from people on where they live not where they say dont live (if that makes sence) , when you arrive you soon realise that its not what it seams out here we all talked about the same suburbs in the uk when there are so many good suburds that are NEVER mentioned....come with an open mind . We are in Noarlunga downs close to the dreaded Hackham but so what we love it close to the beach , our future block over looks the river reserve with roos and koalas and open space but its never talked about . So as much as we have lots of other reccommendations iam only going to comment on where we live . good luck and hope this helps. cheers Graham

Guest Guest75
;)The $1,000,000 question i guess comes down to how much money you have ...? , our advice would be dont listen to hear say and only listen to advice from people on where they live not where they say dont live (if that makes sence) , when you arrive you soon realise that its not what it seams out here we all talked about the same suburbs in the uk when there are so many good suburds that are NEVER mentioned....come with an open mind . We are in Noarlunga downs close to the dreaded Hackham but so what we love it close to the beach , our future block over looks the river reserve with roos and koalas and open space but its never talked about . So as much as we have lots of other reccommendations iam only going to comment on where we live . good luck and hope this helps. cheers Graham

We had the same said here years ago when we bought into Onkaparinga Hills - Hackham never bothered us.

Suburb choice will be by various factors such as work/budget and schools,not an easy decision.:)

• 2 weeks later...

It is a hard decision because when we first arrived we wanted to live the southern life near the beaches etc but after a month of constantly( i mean 12 hours a day every day) looking at houses we decided the hills were for us.We settled in Golden Grove and we love it.We haven't got kids but all our mates with kids say the schools are good.Its half an hour to the city and semaphore,Henley beach is half an hour.Its the views from the hills though which is the winner.From our garden we can see for miles and becauses your in the hills you having a feeling of space.Thanks my view anyway.It just takes time.When you know you know