Sprinter

Telephone and Internet

At last we should be arriving in Adelaide late June/early July and just wondering what options there are for phone companies with good offers and service, especially cheap calls to UK. Also good internet service. Many thanks.

Haven't tried anyone else but I've found TPG to be fine - ok data speed, good customer service and I think I've got some sort of deal on international calls - but I must admit I haven't used the landline in a couple of years - most mobile contacts/payg recharges can include an international offer if you choose it which is all I use nowadays (note to self: cancel landline).

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good internet service is going to come down to what's available in your area.

You can see if NBN is available at http://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address.html

ADSL availability can be checked (up to a point) on each providers website - Telstra, Optus, iinet, TPG etc

Although ADSL may come down to if there's any physical ports spare at the exchange which can be checked at https://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans.html

• Like 1

We don't have a landline, only our internet and mobiles. To call the UK we use skype or FaceTime these days. I use Viber to send texts and pics as it comes off my data plan for the mobile. Often I'll save sending pics til I am home and connected to our wifi, so saving my data.

We are currently with Internode and have no issues. Good price on internet and phones. 

However, it can really vary here depending how far you are from an exchange or if you are in a bit of a black spot for mobile reception, more of an issue in the foothills and hills than on the flat. 

• Like 1

Very many thanks for the useful information, great to have it from people on the ground and not company advertising.

I didn't realise it was still a local service for most, dependant on where you live, I can understand if you are miles from anywhere, but around towns? almost makes our Swisscom look nearly half decent, nearly.

Looking forward to being with you all soon.

Thanks again.

It's not really a local service - it's just that performance of the same provider's network will vary depending on which area of which suburb you live in, depending on how far you are from the node/exchange/whatever the technical word is. Do you know whereabouts in Adelaide you'll be moving to? I'm sure there are services online where you can look at approximate data speeds by area - someone more knowledgeable will point you towards those hopefully.

• Like 1