Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam

new PR period

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

we have arrived to australia( me, wife and 2 kids) on 4 MAY 2016 on a regional skilled visa 489. we will finish living on a regional area by MAY 2018 and finishing the wok condition( one year). adding to that  one year processing time for the new 887 visa as my 489 visa is a pathway to the 887 ,  my question is by having the residency on a time period of 3 years, am i affected by the new period to spend having the PR. or not affected as we have entered australia in 2016

thanks 

Your question is not that clear. However I will provide you info. Hope this helps.

You need to complete 2 years of stay in Regional Area with 1 year of work in regional area to apply for PR. So its total of 2 years after which you apply for PR. Did you start staying in a regional area within a few days of landing in Australia? If, No then you have to complete the period in Regional Area a total of 2 years. There are cases when the PR visa has been processed faster than 1 year. I have seen many get it in 4 months direct grant if the documents submitted were proper.

Now if your question is about citizenship then as they are changing the rules, it will be 4 years of stay after you get your PR (887) unless you apply before July 2017, which doesn't seem to be your case.