Fosh

Job Market in 2017 - office work

Hi everyone, 

I'm interested to know people's experiences of looking for work in CBD within IT roles. Business Analyst & Project Managers? There seems to be a lot of vacancies online, but I've also read the reality of "who you know" mentality which worries me. Were expecting to be out of work for 6 months max, is this realistic? 

Do you recommend any businesses for IT jobs? 

Thanks! 

Hi, I replied to your suburbs post and included a bit about my husband who works in IT. He was offered a job within the first week of us arriving, 5 years ago, and hasn't been out of work since - he's had 3 permanent positions, all in and around the CBD.

He made contact with agencies when we came on our recce and then again when we arrived a few months later and his first role came through one of these.

Good luck with it all.

Contact Finite, Paxus, Candle, Talent International although 3 out of my 4 jobs have been direct to companies (only the first was due to a recruitment agency).

Seek.com.au will be your best friend :)

Avoid coming out in the run up to Christmas as that is a quiet time.  Just after Christmas is good, as is just after financial year end.