coddy

car importing

I am emigrating to Adelaide and want to import a Volvo s80 t6. It is a 2002 car. Worth £1500 in UK. Do I pay import duty/gst on this or it value in AUS? Thanks.

I have no clue. Does this help anything? https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods/importing-motor-vehicles

Is it sentimental value you are shipping a car that old and worth only £1500? Given you may be without it for many weeks and will probably need to hire a car in the meantime (or buy), plus other expenses, it may not be cost effective shipping it, unless for whatever reason you cannot bear to part with it. Also, does it have good working air con, as that is needed for a fair chunk of the year. I'd not drive a car without it here. 

• Like 1

You are spot on Snifter,I had a terrible experience shipping one couple of years ago.Spent a fortune clearing and licencing it,only to find out that the parts were unavailable here and had to be imported from UK .
most cars designed for European roads are not suitable for Oz.
IMHO. It's not worth it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1