Conandviv

Removals Company - PSS or John Mason - advice please! ;-)

We are due to arrive in Adelaide in August. We've had quotations for shipping from PSS and John Mason. Can anyone offer testimonials/recommendations of who they would go with based on your experiences. I have read lots of forum reviews on the subject, but can't find many recent ones for UK to Adelaide. (We plan to go with an independent like Letton Percival for insurance).

Many thanks for your help... much appreciated! :-)

• Like 1

We used Doree Bonner for our move last year and would NOT recommend them, the care and attention they promised us never happened. Have only heard good things about Pickfords though

We had an awful experience with Doree Bonner and Pickfirds. Both damaged several pieces of furniture and the later lost a full box of goods! The claims system for damages was a painful experience. They are great in the UK sealing the deal and the packing up fine but this is only part of the process.  I wouldn't recommend either sorry!!!

It doesn't really matter who you go with as it all depends on who turns up to do your packing on the day.  Not all companies have employees that do this - some use contractors - and even those that have employees will have a fair few and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fairly high staff turnover industry.

John Mason - We used them from the UK. Excellent initial rep. Brilliant team of 4 packers. All arrrived ok in ADL.

Thanks PeterB for your reply, much appreciated! :-)

We opted for PSS in the end and A Letton Percival insurance.

For the benefit of others going through the same process, I'll try to post an account of our experience here, as our move progresses.

I used Legend Removals recently – they were on time, polite and did a great job. (large double story houses at both ends, both with stairs) Also charged half the price I was quoted elsewhere (a company that I'd used before too)

I'm following this with interest.  We are in the process of selling our house at the moment.  I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done.  Thanks for the information, it will certainly help.  Hope all goes well @Conandviv xx

• Like 1