Conandviv

Removals Company - PSS or John Mason - advice please! ;-)

7 posts in this topic

We are due to arrive in Adelaide in August. We've had quotations for shipping from PSS and John Mason. Can anyone offer testimonials/recommendations of who they would go with based on your experiences. I have read lots of forum reviews on the subject, but can't find many recent ones for UK to Adelaide. (We plan to go with an independent like Letton Percival for insurance).

Many thanks for your help... much appreciated! :-)

1 person likes this

We used Doree Bonner for our move last year and would NOT recommend them, the care and attention they promised us never happened. Have only heard good things about Pickfords though

That's really useful, thank you! :-)

We had an awful experience with Doree Bonner and Pickfirds. Both damaged several pieces of furniture and the later lost a full box of goods! The claims system for damages was a painful experience. They are great in the UK sealing the deal and the packing up fine but this is only part of the process.  I wouldn't recommend either sorry!!!

It doesn't really matter who you go with as it all depends on who turns up to do your packing on the day.  Not all companies have employees that do this - some use contractors - and even those that have employees will have a fair few and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fairly high staff turnover industry.

Most are franchised anyway.  Go with the one you feel best with and get independent insurance..