Hi

Hubby and I will be permanent residents in Adelaide from January and I understand that we have to get our Australian licences sorted within 90 days but can't find a cost.  Is it just the straight $43 fee for getting a new licence please?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post....wasn't sure where to put this question.

Zoe

Hello

I can't remember if you have to do something different the first time you get one (been here for almost 10 years now).

I'm sure you have seen the website: https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-and-transport/motoring-fees/driver-s-licence-and-permit-fees

It looks like that's for the year and then there is the admin charge so probably better getting longer then 1 year.

There is an enquiry button on the site, maybe send an email to them, I'm sure they will be happy to confirm.

Regards

Andy

Depends how long you take it out for. 

I think when we first arrived hubby renewed his for 5 years and I did 3. 

I now have a really long one to save me keep having to renew it every couple of years. 

You need to go into an office in person and have your photo taken and pay etc. They issue you with a temp paper licence and send out the card in the post. 

Website says the following, so $60 I'd expect for a year long one. You can get up to 10 years and the costs increases obviously. 

Driver's licence issue or renewal per year plus an administration fee of $17.00 (1 to 10 year licences available) $43

Hi Snifter

That's what I thought.  Will probably try and get one for longer and avoid the hassle and extra expense of doing it yearly....

Zoe