Rachel Casta

Parents groups

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can tell me about any good parents groups?

I’m 32 and have a 5 month old. I’m from London and I have lived in Adelaide just over four years. I would love to meet some other Mums and find a good parent group.

Thanks!

Rachel 

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum. Usually in Adelaide when you have a baby you are assigned to a 'new parents group' (often referred to as Mothers Groups) by Child and Family Health Services (CAFHS). You could contact CAFHS and ask about being put into a group. Most people start sometime when their baby is 1-6 months old (we had ten people in our group, most of our babies were about 2-3 months when we first met. You generally have 5-6 sessions with a nurse then can continue to meet up with the whole group / people you want to. 

Outside of that I know there is an app for parents called Mush that you could try? 

Your local library and Children's Centre will run various groups depending on where you are or possibly your local primary will have some sort of playgroup. 

Oh yes I forgot about library groups. There are usually some kind of singing/reading groups at the library on weekday mornings.

Also have a look at the Playgroup SA website for your nearest Playgroup. Plus there are privately run playgroups too... maybe google and look on facebook? For example I live in Glenelg and there's a playgroup called 'Holdfast Sensory Playgroup' in Somerton Park, which you can find by searching its name on facebook. Good luck!