Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chelseadownunder

Plugs

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys I need your help again !!!

I assume that you all bring over alot of electrical stuff with UK plugs on. Do you then buy loads of adapters or is there an easier option. Are there cheeper adaptors than the ones you get at the airport/uk shops

Scott:confused:

Guest SA Great

I just cut off all of the old plugs and went out and bought a heap of aussie plugs. Then just wire them up. Cheap and easy! I still have a box of about 50 used UK plugs!! In Australia it is illegal to do your own electrical work and plumbing. By electrical work I mean anything that involves fixed wiring like adding power points or light fittings etc. And by plumbing I mean anything other than changing a washer! That doesn't stop most people I know doing it though!!

Guest guest569

We still use the uk power strips ( 3 - 4 plugs ) and just swapped the main plug to an australian one. Then you can just plug all your uk bits ( computer , printer etc etc ) straight in.

Guest SA Great

Yes we did that for quite a while, great idea. However, one day I unplugged one of the appliances to move it to another location and I forgot about the plug so in the end I thought bugger it, lets just change the lot!!!