489 skilled visa subsequent entry to 887 visa

imrul

I would like to know that i am currently 489 visa . I will be eligible to apply for 887 visa on July . My enquiry is when i apply for 887 visa do my partner need to be present with me ? My partner already got visa and she visited me once and back to overseas . I would like to add her name as well while applying 887 visa . Can she be offshore in that time ? If i apply with out her in that time which visa fee applied for me when i applied for hr in future  ? and how long it will usually take to get visa ? I am bit worried as my wife wont be able to finish her study at that time and she already half way through .so she can't be here with me on july . 

please advice in detail with all posibilities .

Thanks in advance 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, imrul said:

I would like to know that i am currently 489 visa . I will be eligible to apply for 887 visa on July . My enquiry is when i apply for 887 visa do my partner need to be present with me ? My partner already got visa and she visited me once and back to overseas . I would like to add her name as well while applying 887 visa . Can she be offshore in that time ? If i apply with out her in that time which visa fee applied for me when i applied for hr in future  ? and how long it will usually take to get visa ? I am bit worried as my wife wont be able to finish her study at that time and she already half way through .so she can't be here with me on july . 

please advice in detail with all posibilities .

Thanks in advance 

What visa your partner have? If she has also had a 489 visa, she should be in Australia when you lodge the application. The system will automatically detect that she is offshore and you cannot fill-up the form for her as a migrating dependent. If she's only here on a tourist visa, you cannot include her in the 887 application because she should have held a temporary/provisional visa like 489 to apply. You can apply a subsequent entrant 489 visa for her and should be approved before you lodge your 887 visa application for you to include her in the application. She can go back overseas to finish her studies while waiting for the 887 visa approval but she should also be here the time the visa will be approved. If you choose to go with the application without her as dependent/spouse, you can apply for a spouse visa later but this is a more expensive pathway. Application Fee is $7000 and the visa is not PR. You have to apply again after 2 years( from the temp visa application) for her to become PR.

• 9 months later...
On 2/17/2018 at 10:36 PM, WGar said:

What visa your partner have? If she has also had a 489 visa, she should be in Australia when you lodge the application. The system will automatically detect that she is offshore and you cannot fill-up the form for her as a migrating dependent. If she's only here on a tourist visa, you cannot include her in the 887 application because she should have held a temporary/provisional visa like 489 to apply. You can apply a subsequent entrant 489 visa for her and should be approved before you lodge your 887 visa application for you to include her in the application. She can go back overseas to finish her studies while waiting for the 887 visa approval but she should also be here the time the visa will be approved. If you choose to go with the application without her as dependent/spouse, you can apply for a spouse visa later but this is a more expensive pathway. Application Fee is $7000 and the visa is not PR. You have to apply again after 2 years( from the temp visa application) for her to become PR.

Mate I have a question, I have already applied for 887 visa. I am getting married next month. How can I apply for wife. Can I apply 489-subsequent entrant for my wife,cause my 489 still valid until 2020. Once she is onshore can I include her into 887 visa ?