Hi there

We are doing a Validation visit to Adelaide in July/August.  We're a family of 4 and the 2 little ones are age 2 and 7.  We have currently booked a few days in Glenelg and a few days in Stirling to get a feel for the different areas.  We are wondering on the 3rd area we could visit and need some help.  Should we also stay in the CBD?  Should we stay more down south like Brighton or Seacliff?  Maybe Norwood or more north of the CBD?

We are trying to find out what suburbs are nice to live in, not too cramped and not congested (we're from the UK so not interested in too many queues ?).  We need to also look for good Primary schools. 

Once we move, our final destination will need a good sized garden, along with a view of some sort (sea or hills), it just boils down to space and views but not too far out with lots of traffic.  Not asking for too much are we! ?.

Has anyone got any advice on where this 3rd holiday stay could be?  I am thinking of Norwood, Brighton or going 40 mins north or south from the CBD, but don't have any idea on how remote they really are.  We both need jobs, so don't want to make it difficult for ourselves

xxxxxx

I wouldn't stay in the City if you aren't planning on living in the city when you move here. Better to use the time to get the feeling of a suburb but make sure its one that you think you can afford when you actually move over here. The suburbs to the East are really nice, very green and have excellent schools but can be expensive. The schools are zoned but be aware that some of the schools in the East (Rose Park, Linden Park and Burnside) have recently been at capacity so make sure you give them a call to see if they have space before buying or renting a house in their zone.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Wayner1
      Ready now! 
      Sought after location in the Coastal Estate of Seaford Rise, Esperance Boulevard.
      2 minutes walk to the shops. Less than 5 minutes to the gorgeous Moana beach. 
      Beautiful,  unique, not your average Hickinbotham home. 
      Lots of amazing features, extras and spaces. 
      Listed with Raywhite on realestate.com.au - please check out the pictures.
      $549 ONO 
      Any questions please ask! 
    • By KPG
      Hi Guys,
      Well by God's grace things seem to be progressing well and hopefully if we clear our Health Check then we seem to inch closer in acquiring a 489 Visa  and considering it would take 5 to 6 months i.e. May - June we should have our visa in our hand. If things go as per plan then we intend doing our landing in Sept - Oct 2018 but I have many queries on how to go about it? 
      We are a family of 4 (2 children aged 9 and 4)
      which suburb in Adelaide do we decide to live in and what should be the criteria while choosing a suburb ? (close proximity to the city, schools, public transport etc) considering that there wont be any income when we reach, what is the monthly outgoing should we expect? We plan to rent  2 bedroom apartment / house. can my children get admissions in a government school? ( i know it wont be free as I am on a 489 visa) and what would the fee structure be like? (Grade 6 and Grade 1) what is the best way to scout for jobs? appreciate if anyone can share a template of CV's that are normally followed. are rental properties normally furnished or unfurnished?  can we get a short term rental where we can be flexible to move out once we decide on the suburb we want to live in? I would also appreciate any additional info that you think can be useful, like from your own experiences, lessons learnt, do's and don'ts etc.

Thank you.

KPG 
    • By MacLeods
      I have a lovely self contained studio apartment  to let on short term basis from December 17 in the leafy suburb of O’Halloran Hill.
      It’s ideal for a couple or single who has newly arrived and a great place to start your new life from whilst looking for long term accomodation.
      The studio is fully furnished and equipped, linen, towels, wifi, tv, microwave, cooker, fridge all you need to do is book and show up.
      Minimum rental 1 week to 6 weeks ( negotiable)
      If you’re interested, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with details, availability, photos and answer any questions you may have.
      Thanks
      Michelle 

• By MacLeods
      I have a lovely self contained studio apartment  to let on short term basis from December 17 in the leafy suburb of O’Halloran Hill.
      It’s ideal for a couple or single who has newly arrived and a great place to start your new life from whilst looking for long term accomodation.
      The studio is fully furnished and equipped, linen, towels, wifi, tv, microwave, cooker, fridge all you need to do is book and show up.
      Minimum rental 1 week to 6 weeks ( negotiable)
      If you’re interested, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with details, availability, photos and answer any questions you may have.
      Thanks
      Michelle 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use