Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

On 9/1/2021 at 3:43 AM, KhanR said:

Application date : 01 June 2021

Test date: 30 July 2021 (got cancelled due to snap lockdown in Adl)

Test date: 13 August 2021

Passed the test with 100%, uploaded the document they asked, the same day but both me and my spouse waiting for approval.

Anyone else in Adl facing delays in approval?

So my husband's application got approved whereas I am still waiting.

Let's see how long would they take for me.

5 hours ago, Melb said:

Did any one submit/ uploaded AFP and clearance certificate of home country @ time of lodging citizenship app

We uploaded the latest AFP but not the clearances from the other countries we have travelled/ lived in because we provided that when lodging the PR and TR both and also we haven't travelled anywhere outside of Australia more than 2 weeks in one trip. 

Hi guys ..

When I login to my immi account. This is the message i m geting.

Important information
This application for Australian citizenship by conferral has been successfully submitted to the department.

You must scan and attach all of the applicant's original documents to this application, including:

• Evidence of identity for any children included in this application
  • Evidence to support the applicant's claims

I submitted my application as in July 2021 and I have similar requests on my immi account. Have you received any updated from department.

Me and my wife have our citizenship test as on 3/9/2021 and she got approved the same day and has received her letter for ceremony on Monday.

I m confused as in to take any step or just wait.

Please reply if you have you have any update for me ..

Much appreciate it.

20 hours ago, Prab Singh said:

Hi guys ..

When I login to my immi account. This is the message i m geting.

Important information
This application for Australian citizenship by conferral has been successfully submitted to the department.

You must scan and attach all of the applicant's original documents to this application, including:

• Evidence of identity for any children included in this application
  • Evidence to support the applicant's claims

I submitted my application as in July 2021 and I have similar requests on my immi account. Have you received any updated from department.

Me and my wife have our citizenship test as on 3/9/2021 and she got approved the same day and has received her letter for ceremony on Monday.

I m confused as in to take any step or just wait.

Please reply if you have you have any update for me ..

Much appreciate it.

If you don't mind what council do you reside in?

Also dont worry about anything in case your test is done; just wait :).

5 hours ago, Dee said:

If you don't mind what council do you reside in?

Also dont worry about anything in case your test is done; just wait :).

I m in Marion ... and Yes my test is done the same date as of my Wife .. 

My question is that the docs that they are asking is it common to show up .. or is it just showing on my file .. please help !!

39 minutes ago, Prab Singh said:

My question is that the docs that they are asking is it common to show up .. or is it just showing on my file .. please help !!

My application doesn't say anything like that; so the best solution is to call DIBP; also did you see same message before your test; if no then 100% you should call.

10 hours ago, Prab Singh said:

Hi would you mind sharing the date for the ceremony at Marion Council your wife has been invited to? We are waiting for the ceremony - same council, been approved since 15th Sep and hoping to get invite for the earliest possible date. Thanks

On 9/17/2021 at 12:23 AM, Sap123 said:

Hi would you mind sharing the date for the ceremony at Marion Council your wife has been invited to? We are waiting for the ceremony - same council, been approved since 15th Sep and hoping to get invite for the earliest possible date. Thanks

Hi, We have not received any date .. all they said that thr will be a letter followed with ceremony dates .. no reply till date .. 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:20 PM, Dee said:

My application doesn't say anything like that; so the best solution is to call DIBP; also did you see same message before your test; if no then 100% you should call.

Dee .. I called them and the agent who answered the called refused to take my application number and said wait for the department to contact me .. I asked how much time i should wait and he referred to me to wait times in website... ( 12 months ) .. I asked him if he is serious and he said that is the information he has 😞

53 minutes ago, Prab Singh said:

Dee .. I called them and the agent who answered the called refused to take my application number and said wait for the department to contact me .. I asked how much time i should wait and he referred to me to wait times in website... ( 12 months ) .. I asked him if he is serious and he said that is the information he has 😞

Try sending an email and you can try calling again; all you want to know is that what does it mean as you have already taken test and i am assuming while in interview they didn't ask for any further paper work.

2 hours ago, Dee said:

Try sending an email and you can try calling again; all you want to know is that what does it mean as you have already taken test and i am assuming while in interview they didn't ask for any further paper work.

I sent feedback on the webpage and thy sent generic reply as usual. I m bit confused should i be waiting for send complaint email .. 

1 hour ago, May2019 said:

Hello All,

my citizenship was approved on 16/07/2021 and I am still waiting for my ceremony. My friends who applied way later than me got their ceremonies. Any reason why is mine delayed. I am in Adelaide. Is there anything I can do to get it done quickly.

thank you 

My situation is same and i am also in Adelaide; all we can do is wait i guess.

14 hours ago, May2019 said:

Hello All,

my citizenship was approved on 16/07/2021 and I am still waiting for my ceremony. My friends who applied way later than me got their ceremonies. Any reason why is mine delayed. I am in Adelaide. Is there anything I can do to get it done quickly.

thank you 

Hi, it depends on your council. Do your friends live within the same council area as you? If not this will be the reason - some councils have ceremonies more often than others. 

17 hours ago, Prab Singh said:

Hi, We have not received any date .. all they said that thr will be a letter followed with ceremony dates .. no reply till date .. 

Ohh I get it. Can you please let me know when your wife actually receives the invitation for the ceremony? Thanks. However, if you have requested to attend the ceremony together your wife will not receive a letter with the invitation for ceremony until you are approved.

As per your issue, I believe that the message you are getting on your account is normal. My husband and I had the same message popping up until we were approved. I have heard about many ppl who applied with spouses and one of them have been approved sooner than another. I guess you will have to wait until you get approved. It may take a couple of weeks. Hope you get it soon.

11 hours ago, Sap123 said:

Ohh I get it. Can you please let me know when your wife actually receives the invitation for the ceremony? Thanks. However, if you have requested to attend the ceremony together your wife will not receive a letter with the invitation for ceremony until you are approved.

As per your issue, I believe that the message you are getting on your account is normal. My husband and I had the same message popping up until we were approved. I have heard about many ppl who applied with spouses and one of them have been approved sooner than another. I guess you will have to wait until you get approved. It may take a couple of weeks. Hope you get it soon.

Thank you .. its so painful .. where you have completed anything and not sure is the wait for docs or just a delay from the department .. 

Best of luck for your ceremonies and hopefully you will get the letter soon ..