Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

Citizenship Application Date :  15 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  31 Jan 2020 initially but reschedule to Feb 17th 2020 

Approval : 17 Feb 2020

Ceremony date:??? 

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

Citizenship Application Date :  15 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  31 Jan 2020 initially but reschedule to Feb 17th 2020 

Approval : 17 Feb 2020

Ceremony date:??? 

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk
 

Congrats mate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, alexoir said:

Congrats mate

Seems citizenship ceremonies are on hold because of the forthcoming council elections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline as well:

  • Application submitted: 6 Dec 2019
  • Test date allocation received on: 7 Feb 2020
  • Initial Test date: 3 Apr 2020
  • Rescheduled to: 28 Feb 2020
  • Approval: 28 Feb 2020 (same date)
  • Ceremony: <<waiting>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, alexoir said:

Seems citizenship ceremonies are on hold because of the forthcoming council elections. 

Can I know which state you are located mate? For me, apparently since in ACT it's not handled by local council rather through the local Government's community services directorate via DHS, not sure whether that has any impact from elections...

Any idea anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.
In citizenship application should we upload our parents documents?? If they are not migrating with us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys ,Anyone from QLD applied recently ,is the time frame same for all the state.I want to submit my citizenship application ths may second week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi guys ,Anyone from QLD applied recently ,is the time frame same for all the state.I want to submit my citizenship application ths may second week
I'm from QLD.
My timeline
Citizenship Application Date :  15 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  31 Jan 2020 initially but I reschedule to Feb 17th 2020 

Approval : 17 Feb 2020

Ceremony date:??? 

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 5:15 PM, a4anudeep said:

I'm from QLD.
My timeline
Citizenship Application Date :  15 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  31 Jan 2020 initially but I reschedule to Feb 17th 2020 

Approval : 17 Feb 2020

Ceremony date:??? 

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk
 

Thanks mate.Can you please guide me with study book for citizenship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 5:15 PM, a4anudeep said:

I'm from QLD.
My timeline
Citizenship Application Date :  15 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  31 Jan 2020 initially but I reschedule to Feb 17th 2020 

Approval : 17 Feb 2020

Ceremony date:??? 

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk
 

Hi @a4anudeep,

Me too from QLD. Few questions for you.

Was it regional QLD or not? Where do the applications get processed faster?

Can I start preparing the application earlier and submit on the date when I am become eligible to submit Citizenship Application?

Which documents do I need to upload when I am submitting it?

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 5:30 PM, a4anudeep said:

You can find in immigration website
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/our-common-bond

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk


sorry I have 2 more query, 1.whether we require federal police clearance 2. I m unable to fill the online application,I m eligible on 06-May-20 ,looks like I can access only after 6th ,pls confirm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We don't need a police clearance certificates for citizenship application.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi [mention=1403]a4anudeep[/mention],
Me too from QLD. Few questions for you.
Was it regional QLD or not? Where do the applications get processed faster?
Can I start preparing the application earlier and submit on the date when I am become eligible to submit Citizenship Application?

Which documents do I need to upload when I am submitting it?
Regards,
all applications are accessed by immigration as equal no priorities. But ceremonies can be faster as they are done by the local city councils.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

all applications are accessed by immigration as equal no priorities. But ceremonies can be faster as they are done by the local city councils.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk
 

Got it. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey guys, 
Has anyone taken the citizenship ceremony via video? 
No there is no email or anything regarding ceremonies yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

No there is no email or anything regarding ceremonies yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk
 

Hope we hear from them soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

I am eligible for applying citizenship on 23rd of June 2020, however I filled up and attested (identity declaration) from Medical practitioner who knows me for 3 years. I have made this form ready before hand like on 4 May 2020 in order to avoid hassle at last moment, problem is medical practitioner have put date on both photograph - rear and on 1195 form to maintain the record at clinic even I asked her not to put date as I will write when I will apply but she refused and said I need to have a copy of it with date. 
 

So if I apply on 23 June 2020 with attestation date of 04 May 2020 would be a problem or it has to be 23 June 2020 or after? 

i have also not written any date under my signature and didn’t even write TRN number because I haven’t started application yet.

 

if any one has gone through with similar kind of problem please guide me before I lodge application.

thanks  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Pretty excited to post here that I had my virtual conferral held today. Finally became a True Blue Aussie after 4 1/2 years!

Good luck to all who are waiting. I think they are planning to roll out the virtual conferral ceremonies during the Covid-19 period.

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

Hi All,

Pretty excited to post here that I had my virtual conferral held today. Finally became a True Blue Aussie after 4 1/2 years!

Good luck to all who are waiting. I think they are planning to roll out the virtual conferral ceremonies during the Covid-19 period.

Cheers!

Wow!!! Congrats KV. A few questions for you if you don't mind:

- Did you have to contact the department before they scheduled you for the ceremony? 

- How were you notified? By email? 

- How many hours or days were you given to prepare for the ceremony? 

Congrats again and enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alexoir said:

Wow!!! Congrats KV. A few questions for you if you don't mind:

- Did you have to contact the department before they scheduled you for the ceremony? 

- How were you notified? By email? 

- How many hours or days were you given to prepare for the ceremony? 

Congrats again and enjoy. 

Thanks much alexoir!

  • After my application approval, they did not contact me at any point until two days ago (04/05), where they called me to confirm if I am okay for a virtual conferral the next day (05/05). It was very short notice
  • They called me to confirm if I prefer a virtual ceremony, and then sent me over the instructions email
  • It was just one day, no real preparation was required. They held it via WebEx. We dressed up well but the presiding officer though was in casual clothing with a coat of arms as her backdrop. It was pretty quick, didn't even take 10 mins. We took the oath. Had some trouble initially connecting audio with WebEx, but they called on the phone for voice, and connected video with WebEx

Hope you all who are waiting will get contacted pretty soon. We will be missing the photographs and dressing up nicely, but the certificate will come much quicker in these unprecedented times.

Good luck to you all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

Thanks much alexoir!

  • After my application approval, they did not contact me at any point until two days ago (04/05), where they called me to confirm if I am okay for a virtual conferral the next day (05/05). It was very short notice
  • They called me to confirm if I prefer a virtual ceremony, and then sent me over the instructions email
  • It was just one day, no real preparation was required. They held it via WebEx. We dressed up well but the presiding officer though was in casual clothing with a coat of arms as her backdrop. It was pretty quick, didn't even take 10 mins. We took the oath. Had some trouble initially connecting audio with WebEx, but they called on the phone for voice, and connected video with WebEx

Hope you all who are waiting will get contacted pretty soon. We will be missing the photographs and dressing up nicely, but the certificate will come much quicker in these unprecedented times.

Good luck to you all!

Thanks for your response mate, it's pretty exciting. No more wait for you. Enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long does it take these days from date of application to ceremony day? Immigration webpage says between 13 months and 21 months???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use