Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

9 hours ago, Batra801 said:

How long does it take these days from date of application to ceremony day? Immigration webpage says between 13 months and 21 months???

I think that's what it says, but for me it was rather pretty short. I applied on 06/12/2019, and then received a notification to sit for the test in mid-Feb, but I kept trying to reschedule and got my test date changed to 28/02/2020. Got it approved that day itself, and virtual ceremony on 05/05. So altogether it was about 5 months it took for me. Not sure how that's going to pan out given the times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask where to make those complaints regarding the application.

We had applied back in oct 2018. Our first contact was on 12th of January 2019 requesting for additional documents which were then submitted within 10 days. It's been almost 4 months and we are still waiting for the grant. 😪

CO: wendy

Edited by Parag

10 hours ago, oliver said:

Nice one. Just I think you need a national criminal history check, which is also required for working visa so you should be familiar. You get it online now on Auspost, ANCC or AFP (if you're overseas currently).

Can you please suggest Do we need to submit Proof for Parents as I only had jpeg image of passport of parents 

6 hours ago, Ranga said:

Hi Guys,

Need some help with the process involved in applying citizenship. Any idea what are the docs required??? 
My timeline is,

01st Arrival - 08th Feb 2016

PR - 22nd May 2019

Many Thanks,

Ranga  

Hey mate,

Once you log into your Immi Account, you can click on New Application and select 'Citizenship' and then select 'Citizenship by Conferral'. You will be directed to your application portal and there you will see the list of documents you need to provide on your submission. It's pretty easy and straightforward. Basically the same set of documents that were required for 887. plus some new photographs.

Good luck with that!

• Like 1

Hey Guys -two  questions:

1. Do we need Birth certificate to apply citizenship? I do not have one.

2. I saw on this forum that we need to attach stamp on passport of arrival in Australia; I don't have one there was no stamp on passport when we arrived?

3. Do we need to get PCC or Australian Police clearance if we travel outside Australia?

4. For applying citizenship do we have to be in Australia or we can travel? Is there any timeline to qualify?

Also if someone can please share list of documents to be uploaded. I have lot of time to apply but just wanted to ensure that I collate all the required documents.

TIA

Edited by Dee
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 10:17 AM, Dee said:

Hey Guys -two  questions:

1. Do we need Birth certificate to apply citizenship? I do not have one.

2. I saw on this forum that we need to attach stamp on passport of arrival in Australia; I don't have one there was no stamp on passport when we arrived?

3. Do we need to get PCC or Australian Police clearance if we travel outside Australia?

4. For applying citizenship do we have to be in Australia or we can travel? Is there any timeline to qualify?

Also if someone can please share list of documents to be uploaded. I have lot of time to apply but just wanted to ensure that I collate all the required documents.

TIA

Hey Dee,

I found this link online which should answer some of your questions here. Under the section "Prepare your documents" there is a tab on the right that says "show Steps" and this has all of the document information they require.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BoddyFam said:

Hey Dee,

I found this link online which should answer some of your questions here. Under the section "Prepare your documents" there is a tab on the right that says "show Steps" and this has all of the document information they require.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

Interesting whole lot of documents; can anyone who has already applied share the requirements. Also do we have to be Australia for full one year to apply for citizenship or we can travel overseas. TIA

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, Dee said:

Interesting whole lot of documents; can anyone who has already applied share the requirements. Also do we have to be Australia for full one year to apply for citizenship or we can travel overseas. TIA

Hi Dee you must comply with

Away from Australia for no more than 12 months in total in the past 4 years, including no more than 90 days in total in the past 12 months

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All.

i applied my citizenship on 18 June 2020,

i got couple ques,

whats the current processing time for the citizenship? And can someone make the timeline tracker , as it was done in 887 forum, thanks.

Second thing is, I got done for drinks driving in 2017, and luckily I got approved for 887 without any problem. Will there be any problem in the citizenship file, for character ref? And is anyone in the same situation like me?

Thanks

Edited by tej

17 hours ago, Akie said:

Hi guys! I got my PR 887. Can anyone please let me know what next steps I have to take in regards to Medicare or centrelink or anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit Centrelink for Medicare & Centrelink registration. Centrelink will give you CRN & linking code than create online Centrelink account , next create my gov account & link it to Centrelink .

5 hours ago, Akie said:

I have got the Medicare card already when I applied for 887 PR. I have got the CRN and linked Medicare to my gov as well. Is there anything else I have to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will get green colour Medicare card after you register yourself as Permanent Resident.You must be having interim Medicare right now.Nothing much needs to be done just chill for now 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sha_adelaide said:

Hi guys, when we change the interim medicare to green card will it affect the card number. I want to link medicare but currently I have the inerim card. 

Also should I need to inform to get the green card or will it come automatically? Thanks in advance.

Welcome mate ,I am not sure about the card numbers I suggest you to wait , I have not linked same till now.Visit Centrelink to inform them that you are now Permanent Resident.

Edited by Jessi
  • Like 1

Hi All.

i got couple ques,

whats the current processing time for the citizenship? And can someone make the timeline tracker , as it was done in 887 forum, thanks.

Second thing is, I got done for drinks driving in 2017, and luckily I got approved for 887 without any problem. Will there be any problem in the citizenship file, for character ref? And is anyone in the same situation like me?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi All.
i got couple ques,
 Thanks
Currently with the COVID-19, they have halted the citizenship interviews and tests. So currently we can't now how long it takes. Your drink driving is a traffic offense not criminal offense so immigration doesn't bother about them. Hope info helps

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk