Folks, 

How long should my son's passport be valid by the time we apply for Citizenship ? Unlike adults passports, kids get expired very soon and it only valid for 3 years. So my sons passport will be expired in 4 months AFTER we have applied Citizenship. 

Are we able to do that or we should have a new passport that has valid more than 6 months ? 

/Thanks,
D.V.R

On 2/4/2021 at 5:51 AM, DVR said:

Folks, 

How long should my son's passport be valid by the time we apply for Citizenship ? Unlike adults passports, kids get expired very soon and it only valid for 3 years. So my sons passport will be expired in 4 months AFTER we have applied Citizenship. 

Are we able to do that or we should have a new passport that has valid more than 6 months ? 

/Thanks,
D.V.R

Hey!

I called DoHA a few weeks ago.

Our passports are expiring before the application dates and their rep said that we could apply with expired passports. They do not need renewed passports

8 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Hey!

I called DoHA a few weeks ago.

Our passports are expiring before the application dates and their rep said that we could apply with expired passports. They do not need renewed passports

Awesome @Megrand1, Thank you for your information.