887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hey all. I wrote to David Coleman, the Immigration Minister today. Minister@homeaffairs.gov.au

Hi David,

I heard you on SBS today. I thought I should contact you.

I, like many others, migrated to Australia on regional migration visa 489 in 2016. I had to stay in regional Australia for 2 years and work full time for 1 year. After fulfilling my obligation, I would be granted Subclass 887 Permanent Residency visa. 

I want to make you aware of delays in the processing. We are looking at 10-11 months, which can be nightmare if we were planning for another baby or hoping to join University for further education, or get a job which specifically requires Australian Permanent Residents for the job. I love regional Australia (Toowoomba in South-East Queensland where I live) and its got exactly I needed as far jobs, lifestyle, and kids education goes.

I believe I have fulfilled my obligations to Regional Australia, paid taxes, contributed to the system, became part of the Australian fabric, but these delays are holding me from achieving much more.

I believe you will look into this issue and address this timely manner by hiring more staff to process 489 to 887 transfers in expedite manner.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

good one Peace_at_heart....

I am in Toowoomba as well and it definitely is one of the best cities  to live in .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Jst to share my brother got US citizenship ths year .He informed me they will make it so hard that you feel that you have achieved something very big in your life which eventually they will give one or another day.I think the story applies to 489 holders.

Congratulations dear

8 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

So what do CO asked. Please update the sheet

I tried to do it but couldn’t so I posted here that CO asked for my baby’s passport,more work and residency evidence and my partner’s english requirement.....so all is done can anyne please update the sheet for me

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fk1406 said:

I tried to do it but couldn’t so I posted here that CO asked for my baby’s passport,more work and residency evidence and my partner’s english requirement.....so all is done can anyne please update the sheet for me

Updated

Just now, 10thfeb said:

Where is sunshine???

I can bet that is bogus entry by someone 

Hi all,

Friend of mine is in tricky situation, so need some advice.

The family moved to Australia on State Sponsored 489 few months back. My friend, male, is secondary applicant, wife is the primary applicant. It turns out that Wife and Kids don't like here much, cannot adjust here well.

1) Is it possible my friend stays here alone and fullfils 489 requirements and files for 887 as primary applicant? Can he still get PR for himself and Wife and Kids (wife and kids want to move back to India, immediately)

2) Or My friend stays here and gets his own PR first, and then files his wife and kids's PR?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all,
The family moved to Australia on State Sponsored 489 few months back. My friend, male, is secondary applicant, wife is the primary applicant. It turns out that Wife and Kids don't like here much, cannot adjust here well.
1) Is it possible my friend stays here alone and fullfils 489 requirements and files for 887 as primary applicant? Can he still get PR for himself and Wife and Kids (wife and kids want to move back to India, immediately)
2) Or My friend stays here and gets his own PR first, and then files his wife and kids's PR?

Thanks.

Hi@peace_at_heart

Not sure if they can completely stay away during the time period. I think they have to be here when the CO grants PR the visa though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi all,

Thanks.

Its possible, if his wife and Kids can be here in Australia at the time of APPLICATION as well the DECISION of 887; technically they can be away in all other times....That means, He has to fulfill all the conditions, and is going to the primary 887 applicant, adding wife and kids as additional applicants....All the applicants has be in Australia at the time of application as well as decision of 887.. 

15 minutes ago, ronak said:

I applied for 887 on 17th Jan 2018

CO assigned on 6th AUG 2018. Asked for AFP with the name as per passport. Submitted it on 13th of AUG. Still waiting. does anyone know why they are taking so long ???  

Cos only 1 co adam is working on 887 files and they have big backlog

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, ronak said:

I applied for 887 on 17th Jan 2018

CO assigned on 6th AUG 2018. Asked for AFP with the name as per passport. Submitted it on 13th of AUG. Still waiting. does anyone know why they are taking so long ???  

Mate jst thought to ask you, did you attach PCC from your home country when you applied.