887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

20 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Gud mrng all,

Today we got our grant and im on ninth cloud. May u giys get it soon as well. Gud luck to all spacial Thnx to ruski and tpsek.....Luv u all gud luck😘

Congrats Kaur. Enjoy your freedom.😀  I will be following the same question. if you can give more information ( date applied, what all documents you provided, how did you prove secondary applicant English language, Any AFP, PCC provide). It will be really helpful.

40 minutes ago, Angos said:

Congrats Kaur. Enjoy your freedom.😀  I will be following the same question. if you can give more information ( date applied, what all documents you provided, how did you prove secondary applicant English language, Any AFP, PCC provide). It will be really helpful.

Hi hun

We applied on 18 oct 2017 and Dat was our co. I was secondary applicant and my education was in english. So we submitted letter from my uni when apllied 489 this time there was no requirements. We submitted all doc necessary like pcc and afp for both primary and secodry

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kaur said:

Hi hun

We applied on 18 oct 2017 and Dat was our co. I was secondary applicant and my education was in english. So we submitted letter from my uni when apllied 489 this time there was no requirements. We submitted all doc necessary like pcc and afp for both primary and secodry

Thanks Kaur for all the information .. 

17 hours ago, Rsvj said:

Hi B3st, 28 days is a time frame to respond not to submit all requested docs because it’s always not possible. Book an appointment and respond to CO ‘s email with appointment confirmation and u will be fine. Good luck

But mine says book appointment once turned 6months.... and my 28 days is ending on 23rd Oct 2018 and my daughter will turn 6 months on 11 Nov 2018.

19 minutes ago, B3sT said:

But mine says book appointment once turned 6months.... and my 28 days is ending on 23rd Oct 2018 and my daughter will turn 6 months on 11 Nov 2018.

Don't worry you can book an appointment for any time after 11th November now itself and send the conformation with an information memo mentioning the details.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Don Family said:

After reading a few articles I think they are planning to introduce new clauses to 887 visas which might restrict movement to cities. We can only wait and see what’s going to happen. Plus II’m not sure if it’s just a proposal or the final law. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This still has a long way to go before they can figure out how it will work. Once they have a policy in place then it will need to get passed through legislation in Parliament. This will probably be an election issue, not sure it will happen before then. They would also create a new visa subclass as it affects only new applicants, the sc887 already has legislation with regard to 489 visa holders. Secondly the proposed 5 years does not tie in with the current 4 years of residency in Australia for citizenship and therefore there would need to be a raft of legislation changes before such a policy can be put in place.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, B3sT said:

HSK is right. Call Bupa to book an appointment, choose any date post 11th Nov. CO have templates and they just copy and paste it. It may not applicable to your situation. Alternatively call immigration and confirm with them for yr peace of mind. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

I'm from Perth & stumbled upon this forum while trying to check the processing time for this visa.

I'm on 489 and lodged 887 on 23 Feb 2018 via migration agent - been some months now and still waiting. Any clues as to whether this will be soon? 

When I applied, the processing time was 4-6 months. Seems to be much longer now!

Hi all,
I'm from Perth & stumbled upon this forum while trying to check the processing time for this visa.
I'm on 489 and lodged 887 on 23 Feb 2018 via migration agent - been some months now and still waiting. Any clues as to whether this will be soon? 
When I applied, the processing time was 4-6 months. Seems to be much longer now!

Now its 9-11 months. Ur one is not too far i guess. They already started processing february files. Someone applied 5th feb got contacted by co. So just keep patience.

10 hours ago, Navdeep said:

Hi mates. My wait has started making me feel desperated and frustrated as I got pre-grant notification on 27/08/2018, application dated 25/01/2018, as I was out of Australia on 27/08/2018. I was not told to submit any documents in the pre grant notification. Its already 1 and half months after that. I spoke to their office on phone around 4 weeks back and their reply was "wait". I am stuck to take important decisions. Is there some way to meet the case officer personally or write to ministry for considering the case on compassionate grounds as my wife and kids will need to go out of Australia again for my son's dental surgery overseas? 

Hi Navdeep, 

Really sorry for your situation. I never thought the final approval could be so long after the pre-grant. Did you inform the immi department of your leaving in advance before the pre-grant? Hope you can get pr ASAP!

7 minutes ago, Mehedi said:

Now its 9-11 months. Ur one is not too far i guess. They already started processing february files. Someone applied 5th feb got contacted by co. So just keep patience.

Mate it's still 10 to 11 months