sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

On 10/17/2018 at 2:40 PM, 11Dec2015 said:

Hi guys,

I am asking again about police clearance from Australia Federal Police, if we apply for this letter, do they send it to email address or I get it in my postal address ?

your postal address

33 minutes ago, Don Family said:

On point Russki. I vote yes, we should go ahead with it..

Just saying in case they say they can do whatever they want with visa conditions, can we mention that new changes in the processing timeline should not be applicable for people who have already submitted their applications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, cheers, we'll go ahead with it. 🙂 Not sure though about adding the bit about changes not affecting people already applied - This means, we are asking them to concentrate on old applications only, this will extend new applicants' processing times to infinity. 😄 At the moment, the COs are juggling between fresh applicants and old. 

I think, it is better to concentrate on a bigger picture - they should just hire more processing staff!!! 😄 🙂 

• Like 1

OK, cheers, we'll go ahead with it.  Not sure though about adding the bit about changes not affecting people already applied - This means, we are asking them to concentrate on old applications only, this will extend new applicants' processing times to infinity.  At the moment, the COs are juggling between fresh applicants and old. 
I think, it is better to concentrate on a bigger picture - they should just hire more processing staff!!!   

oki

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi guys, I put together a petition, please let me know if you want to add and remove anything. 🙂  Do you think we still need to launch it?  🙂 

Stop processing delays for 887 PR visa

This petition is a voice of onshore skilled migrants, who are transitioning from 489 (skilled regional provisional) to 887 (permanent residency) visas and currently are being hit with painful processing delays.

Since this time last year we have been watching estimated processing times for 887 balloon from 5-7 months to 12-15 months. We are in quite a predicament, with our original visas expiring whilst we are waiting in the queue for our permanent residency. A lot of us are now on bridging visas, putting important life’s decisions on hold and unable to move on. A bridging visa is purely the right to be legally present in Australia while 887 is being processed, but for us it spells uncertainty, cancelled travel plans, inability to visit aging parents overseas, delaying university applications for children, etc, etc – we are all still waiting “to be allowed in”. No employer will consider us for a job while we are on bridging visas. No lender will offer us a mortgage or allow to finance a car, unless with ridiculously high interest rates and insurance premiums. 

Our families are not entitled to any help from the government or any discounts for childcare and older children’s university fees – yet we are paying taxes, just like citizens and permanent residents. In order to transition to 887, we all have satisfied conditions of our provisional visa, i.e. settled and worked full time in designated areas for a set period of time. We have done the hard yards, we are embedded here well and truly. We became a part of this country, we are ready to develop further, grow and continue to enjoy Australia and contribute to the nation’s wealth. Instead, we seem to be stuck in a never-ending limbo with not many rights but a pile of obligations. Uncertainty is mentally exhausting and it starts to affect our daily lives. Seeing constant extension of processing times, monthly advertised on the immigration site, makes it hard to maintain a positive mindset. Ever changing visa processing rules and new tentative legislation proposals add to anxiety

We appreciate that there are reasons for most visa subclasses processing delays, but it is not the reasons we are interested in. We are seeking solutions. We are already paying hefty fees for visa applications, in return we expect decent customer service and reasonable processing times. If this means further increase in application fees, so be it – small price to pay for the right to finally move on with our lives, have children, better jobs, buying family homes and travel the world freely. Most importantly, feeling like we finally belong.

Please take steps to reduce processing times for 887 PR visas.

Good mate i am ready to go ahead with this

• Like 2

Just now, Don Family said:

How does it work afterwards tho? Do we have to find a minister who will speak on behalf of this petition?

Don't know mate russki knows better how it will work 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Don Family said:

How does it work afterwards tho? Do we have to find a minister who will speak on behalf of this petition?

This is how the site works:

1. We start a petition

2. Petition is shared around and signed by as many supporters as possible

3. Sometimes a petition gets media coverage. 

4. Eventually, a decision-maker on our petition makes changes we are asking for (it will be a minister of immigration, at a guess) - but sometimes the petition fails....

5. We can consider our petition a success if the processing times for 887 are reduced. 

Seems easy enough, but I am still not quite sure how it all works in reality. Let's try! 🙂 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Russki said:

This is how the site works:

1. We start a petition

2. Petition is shared around and signed by as many supporters as possible

3. Sometimes a petition gets media coverage. 

4. Eventually, a decision-maker on our petition makes changes we are asking for (it will be a minister of immigration, at a guess) - but sometimes the petition fails....

5. We can consider our petition a success if the processing times for 887 are reduced. 

Seems easy enough, but I am still not quite sure how it all works in reality. Let's try! 🙂 

so this petition is only going to live in this forum? or we are going to have it on Change.org? or elsewhere? how do we pass it around?

Good morning Guys,

If 489 expired while 887 decision is still not made, can we move to metropolitan area knowing that I got a job offer from there?

sharing you experience and knowledge will add value, please!

All, I have a question please.

I am in SA on 489 visa and completed 2 years stay condition with 1 year job. I have already applied for 887 visa. Now, if I get a offer from regional area of other states, am I allowed to move there legally ? The other state regional post codes are indicated in my visa as you know.

Thanks 

Dave

2 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

so this petition is only going to live in this forum? or we are going to have it on Change.org? or elsewhere? how do we pass it around?

Isn't there any minimum number of signatures required for a petition to be considered..?

And how many signatures can we get from here??

3 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

I put the text here for you guys to comment before I put it on the Change.org. 🙂 🙂 

When we launch it on the Change site, the Minister of Immigration and his shadow minister will be notified of its existence. They will receive emails about the petition. If anyone can think of additional people we should notify, please let me know. 🙂 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 10thfeb said:

Isn't there any minimum number of signatures required for a petition to be considered..?

And how many signatures can we get from here??

To be honest, I have no idea. I have never done petitions before, but we'll just launch it and see what happens. 🙂😉 🤗

I put the text here for you guys to comment before I put it on the Change.org.   

When we launch it on the Change site, the Minister of Immigration and his shadow minister will be notified of its existence. They will receive emails about the petition. If anyone can think of additional people we should notify, please let me know.  

Wasn’t there a minister who supported the citizenship petition? Maybe we can get his support. I can’t remember his name but he speaks on behalf of the immigrants in parliament..

5 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Wasn’t there a minister who supported the citizenship petition? Maybe we can get his support. I can’t remember his name but he speaks on behalf of the immigrants in parliament..

I think it was Shaynne Neumann, the shadow minister for immigration?  🙂 And Tony Burke, shadow Minister for Citizenship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russki said:

I think it was Shaynne Neumann, the shadow minister for immigration?  🙂 And Tony Burke, shadow Minister for Citizenship.

We will include them as well 

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules.  
https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Thank you so much Russki! Awesome stuff

Signed it and sent it to all my friends. Let’s all sign and share this guys. Time to spread the word and speak up..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. 🙂 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Done and forwarded to my friends in WhatsApp. Thanks,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. 🙂 

Thanks Russki.. Signed...

Edited by JPSLTOZ
add comment
  • Like 1