887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, juilleteap said:

One of the conditions for 489 is to have health insurance, isn't it?

Not compulsory to have private insurance while ur on 489 visa  , however it's recommended to have one specially if u have little ones. Doesn't affect ur 489 or 887 even if you don't have insurance , but i think just in case you or a family member had to be admitted to a public hospital for emergency and you couldn't pay the huge hospital bill it could end up being a debt to commonwealth which could affect ur 887 

13 hours ago, dar8 said:

Not compulsory to have private insurance while ur on 489 visa  , however it's recommended to have one specially if u have little ones. Doesn't affect ur 489 or 887 even if you don't have insurance , but i think just in case you or a family member had to be admitted to a public hospital for emergency and you couldn't pay the huge hospital bill it could end up being a debt to commonwealth which could affect ur 887 

Yes you are correct, having private medical insurance is not compulsory and no where mentioned as well. But good to have it regardless of whether you are single or as family (I know it is costly)

On 11/9/2018 at 12:23 AM, adam said:

@Sara

Hi everyone, can somone plz answer my question, my baby was born before our 887 visa being finalized. Now they issued a briging visa for my baby, I want to know that how long it takes before they ask for health check? Bc we have already wait for 12 months:-(

41 minutes ago, Sara said:

Hi everyone, can somone plz answer my question, my baby was born before our 887 visa being finalized. Now they issued a briging visa for my baby, I want to know that how long it takes before they ask for health check? Bc we have already wait for 12 months:-(

When did your baby get bridging visa??

On 11/16/2018 at 7:06 PM, 10th feb said:

Yeah.. I read it too.

They are cutting intake but they said all they would take is skilled migrants and also are planning to increase 2 year time frame to 5 years . Changes are to be introduced in December and to be implemented from july

I expect these to be for new visa sub classes. So they may end up abolishing the current 489 visa in the future

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angos said:

Has anyone noticed the new terms and condition after logging into the immi account? Has anyone read that ?? I mean is there any major changes?

These T&C are more related to "Usage of website"  like all other websites and not related to Visa application as such. This also mentions how your data submitted on this website can be used / shared with other departments which I think was already know to us

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

These T&C are more related to "Usage of website"  like all other websites and not related to Visa application as such. This also mentions how your data submitted on this website can be used / shared with other departments which I think was already know to us

Awesome.. Thanks a lot chopsan.. Great help. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Guys, I have one doubt. My 489 is still valid and Bridging is not Active yet. Am I still eligible for Medicare? Am I eligible for Childcare benefits as well? I was under impression that I will get these benefits once my Bridging is Active 🙂

You are eligible for Medicare as soon as you apply for 887! 🙂 Not sure about other benefits, other guys with kids will be able to advise. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Chopsan said:

No special benefit. If you talk about kids then in regular medicare dental is covered for kids but the interim card we get.. dental is not covered

Thanks for the info mate, but, I am not after the dental benefits. More specifically, I am asking about the after school care benefits where in PR's pay only half of the money to the after care and we have to pay full money.

With

4 hours ago, himal said:

With reference to a country I know of, development of a successful state does not start with more people but rather more investors. This country leaps to be the most successful country in Asia within a very short period of time. How does more people equals development? It's not like money will fall from the sky if everyone is jobless.

Just looking at Inpex in NT region, many businesses were started and fell as Inpex went from production to operational phase.

Therefore, concluding the above:

a) An indication of investors are no longer interested to set up companies in regional areas

b) Passing the buck around. Directing the focus and blame to immigrants instead of their in ability to gather more businesses. Looking at AUDUSD and AUDCNY had been on the decline since 2012.

c) Delaying the time to prevent the inevitable of regional areas to a ghost town.

It's really frustrating to blame it on the immigrants for a fail state.

29 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Thanks for the info mate, but, I am not after the dental benefits. More specifically, I am asking about the after school care benefits where in PR's pay only half of the money to the after care and we have to pay full money.

I dont think that will be covered but people  who have kids who need child care con confirm (Even i have kids but are school going and dont required child care)

22 hours ago, rahulofpl said:

I know he messed up my file, but there is no point to fight with him as we cant reverse the time. damage already being done. Now hopefully these documents will help me to get 887

Maybe can get some evidence to sent it to Homeaffairs or Mr. Coleman or SBS just as a prove to show the agents are also a contributing factor for not supplying the right documents. Who knows it might just accelerate your application.

I remember from one of the SBS news article with Mr. Coleman, it was mentioned applicants did not supply the documents causing the delay.

16 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

With

With reference to a country I know of, development of a successful state does not start with more people but rather more investors. This country leaps to be the most successful country in Asia within a very short period of time. How does more people equals development? It's not like money will fall from the sky if everyone is jobless.

Just looking at Inpex in NT region, many businesses were started and fell as Inpex went from production to operational phase.

Therefore, concluding the above:

a) An indication of investors are no longer interested to set up companies in regional areas

b) Passing the buck around. Directing the focus and blame to immigrants instead of their in ability to gather more businesses. Looking at AUDUSD and AUDCNY had been on the decline since 2012.

c) Delaying the time to prevent the inevitable of regional areas to a ghost town.

It's really frustrating to blame it on the immigrants for a fail state.

I second that.

They dont understand the growth innarea can only be increased if there are opportunities. They would have to create opportunities for migrants to move a particular area. I dont understand whats so difficult to understand about this

33 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Maybe can get some evidence to sent it to Homeaffairs or Mr. Coleman or SBS just as a prove to show the agents are also a contributing factor for not supplying the right documents. Who knows it might just accelerate your application.

I remember from one of the SBS news article with Mr. Coleman, it was mentioned applicants did not supply the documents causing the delay.

I have all the evidences like massages i sent him, emails for asking reason of not uploading documents, etc.