887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

26 minutes ago, Russki said:

Sure you have a chance to get a Direct Grant. 🙂 Provided your application is a complete one! 🙂  Check if your evidence of 1 year full-time work and 2 years residency is satisfactory. Also check if your Australian and overseas police clearance certificates are not older than 1 year. Partner's English language ability should be covered by fresh IELTS test, academic evidence or an additional payment. Try to tick all boxes! 😉 

Hey Russki any update regarding your application?

52 minutes ago, B3sT said:

Hey Russki any update regarding your application?

No unfortunately, nothing. 🙂 My last phone call and last complaint submitted returned standard response: "you are still within timeframe". 🙂 Well, now I am not (it is close to 14 months that I applied), so maybe, I will call them up again. 😉 

1 hour ago, Kapil said:

All boxes as mentioned by you are checked except for overseas police certificate. I was not sure if I need to get overseas police clearance at the time of 887 as well. Last year my friend applied for 887 without overseas police clearance and he got the visa. You reckon, overseas police is very much required?

They ask for an overseas police certificate from most applicants, sometimes even when there is no reason for them to ask for it. This happened in my case and some others here on the forum. 🙂 Immi officers can be quite unpredictable with their requests... So if it is not much hassle for you to get an overseas PCC, I'd recommend to get one and attach to your application. But it is, of course, up to you.

• Like 1

All boxes as mentioned by you are checked except for overseas police certificate. I was not sure if I need to get overseas police clearance at the time of 887 as well. Last year my friend applied for 887 without overseas police clearance and he got the visa. You reckon, overseas police is very much required?
It's very much required even if you did not visit your home country in two years.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Russki said:

No unfortunately, nothing. 🙂 My last phone call and last complaint submitted returned standard response: "you are still within timeframe". 🙂 Well, now I am not (it is close to 14 months that I applied), so maybe, I will call them up again. 😉 

True Russki in Ur case probability to get grant is more than 💯. Really eager to hear the reply immi. Team give on phone or Email. 😁

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

Guys, I am going to my home town (out of Australia) for 1 month and my 489 visa is still active. Whom should I send the email stating that I will be out of Australia for one month? Also, do I need to take permission before I travel?

Thanks

As per i know you can as long as you have the 489 active you don’t need to inform anyone . you can actually go and come back on 489 visa 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sandy kundlas said:

As per i know you can as long as you have the 489 active you don’t need to inform anyone . you can actually go and come back on 489 visa 

Thanks. I have already applied for 887 visa, it doesn't make any difference, right?

13 hours ago, Dave said:

Guys, I am going to my home town (out of Australia) for 1 month and my 489 visa is still active. Whom should I send the email stating that I will be out of Australia for one month? Also, do I need to take permission before I travel?

Thanks

Hi @Dave, you don't need a permission, you are free to travel while on 489 visa. But let immigration know that you are visiting your home country. Give them dates of departure and arrival. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Hi @Russki. Any news about your visa? It has been more than one year already, right? Can you tell me how to communicate the dates to immigration when going overseas? I've tried to find this information on their website but it's not clear? Normal phone call? Email? Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Just now, George said:

Hi @Russki. Any news about your visa? It has been more than one year already, right? Can you tell me how to communicate the dates to immigration when going overseas? I've tried to find this information on their website but it's not clear? Normal phone call? Email? Thanks for your help.

YOu can call them on 131881 or send email on  adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, George said:

Hey @George, it will be 14 months waiting for me this Sunday. 🙂 No news! Will call immi next week.... 

It sucks Russki,

I had a bad surprise this morning when finally I decided to access my immi account (I haven't done this since the application in April.18) and the estimated process time went from 8-9 months to 12-13 months.😲 That is ridiculous. Your case is even worst... I'm sorry for you.

As I mentioned here before, I'm not very worried about my visa, because my life will not change too much with the PR, but it's unacceptable they keep changing the goal post. I made some hard comments here in the past about people calling and contacting immi before the estimated process time, but they cannot keep moving the dates. There are commitments in our side (to come to Australia, to stay in certain areas, to work etc) and we base this in their commitment to the processing time etc. Not fair.

I'll include my info in the spreadsheet and hope they improve the service level.

Cheers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George said:

It sucks Russki,

I had a bad surprise this morning when finally I decided to access my immi account (I haven't done this since the application in April.18) and the estimated process time went from 8-9 months to 12-13 months.😲 That is ridiculous. Your case is even worst... I'm sorry for you.

As I mentioned here before, I'm not very worried about my visa, because my life will not change too much with the PR, but it's unacceptable they keep changing the goal post. I made some hard comments here in the past about people calling and contacting immi before the estimated process time, but they cannot keep moving the dates. There are commitments in our side (to come to Australia, to stay in certain areas, to work etc) and we base this in their commitment to the processing time etc. Not fair.

I'll include my info in the spreadsheet and hope they improve the service level.

Cheers.

George, if u observe we are happy that its 12 to 13 months now, it was 12 to 15 months a couple of days before. For me, PR means a lot, esp my child's uni fees. It is a pain, we feel betrayed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Russki said:

They ask for an overseas police certificate from most applicants, sometimes even when there is no reason for them to ask for it. This happened in my case and some others here on the forum. 🙂 Immi officers can be quite unpredictable with their requests... So if it is not much hassle for you to get an overseas PCC, I'd recommend to get one and attach to your application. But it is, of course, up to you.

**For your consideration

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

I had a run through on the new website to check on the documents requirement. I am sad to say some of the documents which weren't there or weren't mandatory seems to be now. That will explain why the huge number of form 80 and oversea AFP being ask.

Beside these there are some other additional documents which I see aren't necessary but just redundancy:

1) need to attached marriage cert to partner and yourself

2) on top of payslip, also need to attach employment letter

3) Form 1221, yes and now it appears to be mandatory. what a headache.

4) on top of marriage certificate, need to proof you are staying together.

Please run through again to see what other documents are required.