887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

52 minutes ago, Kapeel said:

Guys,

I have simply send all the document of newborn and they havent ask me any fee or anything, I have received thw grants for 489 and bridging grant for 887.

Its been also confirmed with immi that there is no new born fee..

One of the immi consultant told me that there is a fee but i didnt believe him as he was not right and also I have argue with him but he didnt agree.

Then I callee immi next day and the lady told me there is no fee at all and she gave me the immi address of GPO box and told me to send all the docs along with 1022 form, birth certificate and passport.

And I have received grants today and nothing has been charged. Hope that helps

whats the number you called?

22 hours ago, Tomorrow_never_ends said:

Only spouse,children and depandents can be Accompanying or non-accompanying family member. Parents and siblings will be in other family member.

Thanks. I am not sure mate what mistake I have done but anyway I will fill the form for correction. Its really frustrating.  

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my application on 3/12/18. I have just noticed that I have made a mistake in my online application. I have provided details of my parents and brother in non accompanying members of family unit section. I know that I can fill in form 1023 and provide some clarification there.

My question is if I do so, would that affect the processing time?

21 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hi Dave, so changing parents and siblings to ""other family members" does that default them as non-accompanying?

When I download my application form from immi, it clearly says that my parents, brother and all are non-accompanying. Now shall I just login to immi and go to incorrect information section or need to fill any specific form?

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Thanks. I am not sure mate what mistake I have done but anyway I will fill the form for correction. Its really frustrating.  

Hi Dave, there are 2 section.

1a- Family unit accompanying

1b- Family unit non-accompanying

2 - other Family members

Trouble maker #1 form 1497i - The heading on the form states ""Family member"" but the contents is for Family unit!!!!!!

Trouble maker #2 description to fill in family unit and other family members in 887 application is confusing, takes a while to see it

Trouble maker #3 Family members and family unit presents a identical twin effect. They should have just call it immediate family instead of Family unit

Bonus Trouble maker **** If you had state your parents as non-accompanying, most likely you would have added them in the residential 10 years history as the requirement is for non-accompanying too

If you added your parents in Family unit non-accompanying, they will appear in the health assessment tab otherwise they will not appear.

2 hours ago, 887 2019 said:

well  i did same i call immigration office they said it wont be any problem 

I am getting a phobia that different customer service officer will give different answers.

2 hours ago, Mohini said:

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my application on 3/12/18. I have just noticed that I have made a mistake in my online application. I have provided details of my parents and brother in non accompanying members of family unit section. I know that I can fill in form 1023 and provide some clarification there.

My question is if I do so, would that affect the processing time?

I don't believe there is a direct answer to this but for sure under the criteria and legal obligation as stated in 887 for providing FALSE information....... I can't remember what exactly it says but it goes something like ..... you are a criminal !!!!

2 hours ago, Dave said:

When I download my application form from immi, it clearly says that my parents, brother and all are non-accompanying. Now shall I just login to immi and go to incorrect information section or need to fill any specific form?

Actually what i was saying was if parents, brother and sisters can become PR 887 under the main applicant. If yes, then this is confusing, if no , then entering them under other family member is without doubt.

Just making sure they aren't coming along.

15 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Can I confirm if AFP need to be renew if it had expired during the 887 processing..... getting mix response.

I spoke to one of immi customer service guys called Scott on the 28/11/2018, I asked this question. He said no, we don't have to renew anything that has expired during processing. 🙂 But I sort of learnt not to trust them easily. 🙂 If your AFP well and truly expired, I'd recommend to renew it. What do you have to lose? (Apart from $40)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi friends,  I am new to this group and following your posts from last few days. I lodged my 887 on 22 Feb 2018 and haven't got any response from the department. Every single day feels like a year to me. can't wait more.

Anyways yesterday I met one of my friend, he got his 887 grant on 5th of December. Which gives me some hope that the COs are still working. He applied 887 in last year December. 

Also heard from my another friend who applied his 887  on 8 Feb 2018. CO contacted him on 20 of November and asked for 1 year employment and 2 year residential proof. 

Good luck to everyone.

Hope to see some grants today. 

• Like 1