sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

2 hours ago, 887 2019 said:

well  i did same i call immigration office they said it wont be any problem 

I am getting a phobia that different customer service officer will give different answers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mohini said:

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my application on 3/12/18. I have just noticed that I have made a mistake in my online application. I have provided details of my parents and brother in non accompanying members of family unit section. I know that I can fill in form 1023 and provide some clarification there.

My question is if I do so, would that affect the processing time?

I don't believe there is a direct answer to this but for sure under the criteria and legal obligation as stated in 887 for providing FALSE information....... I can't remember what exactly it says but it goes something like ..... you are a criminal !!!!

2 hours ago, Dave said:

When I download my application form from immi, it clearly says that my parents, brother and all are non-accompanying. Now shall I just login to immi and go to incorrect information section or need to fill any specific form?

Actually what i was saying was if parents, brother and sisters can become PR 887 under the main applicant. If yes, then this is confusing, if no , then entering them under other family member is without doubt.

Just making sure they aren't coming along.

15 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Can I confirm if AFP need to be renew if it had expired during the 887 processing..... getting mix response.

I spoke to one of immi customer service guys called Scott on the 28/11/2018, I asked this question. He said no, we don't have to renew anything that has expired during processing. 🙂 But I sort of learnt not to trust them easily. 🙂 If your AFP well and truly expired, I'd recommend to renew it. What do you have to lose? (Apart from $40)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello Guys, is changing of house not advisable when one has already applied for 887 n the decision is due in a couple of months?

Hi friends,  I am new to this group and following your posts from last few days. I lodged my 887 on 22 Feb 2018 and haven't got any response from the department. Every single day feels like a year to me. can't wait more.

Anyways yesterday I met one of my friend, he got his 887 grant on 5th of December. Which gives me some hope that the COs are still working. He applied 887 in last year December. 

Also heard from my another friend who applied his 887  on 8 Feb 2018. CO contacted him on 20 of November and asked for 1 year employment and 2 year residential proof. 

Good luck to everyone.

Hope to see some grants today. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

Hi friends,  I am new to this group and following your posts from last few days. I lodged my 887 on 22 Feb 2018 and haven't got any response from the department. Every single day feels like a year to me. can't wait more.

Anyways yesterday I met one of my friend, he got his 887 grant on 5th of December. Which gives me some hope that the COs are still working. He applied 887 in last year December. 

Also heard from my another friend who applied his 887  on 8 Feb 2018. CO contacted him on 20 of November and asked for 1 year employment and 2 year residential proof. 

Good luck to everyone.

Hi - question regarding your second friend; didn't he share these two proofs i.e. employment and residential with his application?

Thanks

Good luck to everyone.
Same here mate. We are all feeling this and its has bad effect on our daily routines in one way or another.
I have applied on April 3,2018 and in the same boat like many others.
The December and January fellows were lucky to get grants or asking for additional docs by July or August.
February and onwards are either not contacted until now or after 9 to 10 months and it's more tricky.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/culture/article/2016/11/24/10-insider-secrets-successful-australian-visa-applications

Have a joint bank account

Be careful of what you post on social media. Maybe post some pictures of yourself in the region will help

Group certificates, tax returns, bank records, pay-slips to prove employment

Keep your old records, scanned it and refer

micro manage your work

Form 80 - be honest

Disclose any major crimes

Be organise

Do not photoshop

Hi everyone, i am new here. took me 1 month to register. 

do you guys believe CO will open file in order? or is there any priority that is applied? ( just for 887) 

Under the so call new automated system to due with huge increasing number of visa applications are job cuts. 2/3 of the processing staff are in Australia and 1/3 outsource. The secret data centre is in Canberra.

The job cuts are of 2 factors. the so call intelligent technology and privatisation.

scheme, 200 job categories have been reduced, impacting a handful of technology-related employment opportunities, including electronic engineering technicians, ICT support and test engineers, ICT support technicians, web developers, telecommunications cable jointers, and telecommunications technicians.

With the abolition of the 457 work visa in April 2017, the government removed a number of IT roles from the jobs list used under the new Temporary Skill Shortage visa.

So things to ponder.... does that mean the AI is a failure therefore privatisation?? Why is it call a secret data centre when we all know it is in Canberra? Why cut back on IT jobs when there is a lack of IT in Australia

ok …. so we are the laboratory rats for all their great ideas!!!!

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2018/02/26/government-plans-privatise-visa-application-system

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/feb/26/fears-privatised-visa-system-could-see-access-to-australia-sold-to-highest-bidder

https://absoluteimmigration.com/visa-wait-times-increase-following-dibp-staff-cuts/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-06/visa-privatisation-threatens-tasmanian-jobs-union-says/9624110

https://www.zdnet.com/article/australia-to-increase-outsourcing-in-visa-approval-process/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/australias-visa-system-to-support-global-war-for-high-end-tech-talent/

1 hour ago, Tamworth said:

Good luck to everyone.

Hi Tamworth, 

Your friend who got grant on 5th December when he applied for 887 visa?

Can some one please share how they upload Uber statements, i tried to look on uber account and i feel so confuse. S, any one who have uploaded please share with me. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:41 PM, Russki said:

Yes, I have spoken to them and complained several times. What can I say - the same response. 😄 🙂 Last time I complained, this is what I got back from Global Feedback Unit:

In your feedback you have expressed concern regarding the time taken to process your application for a subclass 887 visa, which was lodged on 25 September 2017.  You have stated that the processing of your visa is beyond the indicative timeframe and you have requested an explanation. The Department recognises that where the time taken to process an application exceeds average processing times this can cause applicants concern; however; once a visa application is allocated, processing times for individual applications do vary depending on individual circumstances. This can include the time required to verify supporting documentation.  Verification processes are an essential part of maintaining the integrity of the skilled visa program. I can advise your application remains under assessment and I cannot advise when it will be finalised.

What can I say?!?! 🙂  😄 😄 

I m very fed up, almost 15 month gone , no reply, no grant yet, same situation russki

• Sad 1

On 12/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, Sunnysideup said:

Hi Sunit, just a terrifying thought base on one of the forum personnel here..... Did you or your agent click the submit button???? 

When was the last time a CO contacted you?

In July 2018, but still no grant,

• Sad 1

Hi guys just simple query about uploading docs.

what is the last date to upload docs I mean can we upload docs before the  assignment of CO or is there any date like 28 days after lodging visa?

thanks

36 minutes ago, Santosh said:

Can some one please share how they upload Uber statements, i tried to look on uber account and i feel so confuse. S, any one who have uploaded please share with me. 

To be honest I just uploaded monthly uber statements for 12 month in one file to keep it simple that's all. Now I am thinking of uploading bank statement by putting filter of just uber payments.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, SK10 said:

HI Sunit,

Sorry to hear. Its too difficult to wait. May I ask.....What was the last time CO has asked documents from you? How many times CO has contacted you until now?

Thanks.

2 time case officer contact me, but last 5 month no communication 

19 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hi Dave, there are 2 section.

1a- Family unit accompanying

1b- Family unit non-accompanying

2 - other Family members

Trouble maker #1 form 1497i - The heading on the form states ""Family member"" but the contents is for Family unit!!!!!!

Trouble maker #2 description to fill in family unit and other family members in 887 application is confusing, takes a while to see it

Trouble maker #3 Family members and family unit presents a identical twin effect. They should have just call it immediate family instead of Family unit

Bonus Trouble maker **** If you had state your parents as non-accompanying, most likely you would have added them in the residential 10 years history as the requirement is for non-accompanying too

If you added your parents in Family unit non-accompanying, they will appear in the health assessment tab otherwise they will not appear.

Hey mate, you are absolutely right. It asked me for 10 years history for my parents and all of them. Now, just tell me one thing:

Shall I go to update details/notification of incorrect information / add/ select all applicants and give justification there saying that xxx details are wrong? or I need to submit any particular form?

Please guide mate. I was worried of waiting period and now I am worried of wrong answers.............

Dave

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Hey mate, you are absolutely right. It asked me for 10 years history for my parents and all of them. Now, just tell me one thing:

Shall I go to update details/notification of incorrect information / add/ select all applicants and give justification there saying that xxx details are wrong? or I need to submit any particular form?

Please guide mate. I was worried of waiting period and now I am worried of wrong answers.............

Dave

I don't get what you meant on the 2nd paragraph. Isn't is as simple as submitting a notice of incorrect answers which is just a form?

2 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

I don't get what you meant on the 2nd paragraph. Isn't is as simple as submitting a notice of incorrect answers which is just a form?

Just login to immi and if you can please follow the said path it will be clear what I am saying..