Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Do you draw a salary from the business? If yes you can use your payslips too to prove your address. Also, you can use your mobile phone plan monthly bills if you have one. Or your bank statement. You actually have many options here.

I'm in melbourne too, sponsored by my sister. The nice thing for us is the designated areas in Victoria cover the whole state. So let's hope this is obvious to the CO.

when i came here i was working with  my brother but he kick me out from home then i 15th of march 2017 i started living on lease then after 30th april he said dont come tomorrow at work so after i started my own business i have everything payslips , tax notice certificate , super statement . but that business last for 10 months after few robberies i sold it then again 2 month gap of employment from may to june 18.. after i started new business in shopping centre and rest of my work requirement i full fill here in roxburgh park.. if i live more 10 days  so it will compensate my these days which i have no proof but my concern if department asked what i say then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

when i came here i was working with  my brother but he kick me out from home then i 15th of march 2017 i started living on lease then after 30th april he said dont come tomorrow at work so after i started my own business i have everything payslips , tax notice certificate , super statement . but that business last for 10 months after few robberies i sold it then again 2 month gap of employment from may to june 18.. after i started new business in shopping centre and rest of my work requirement i full fill here in roxburgh park.. if i live more 10 days  so it will compensate my these days which i have no proof but my concern if department asked what i say then?

this is much too complicated for me.. maybe talk to immi directly or use an agent..  Sorry, can't be of much help..

In my opinion, you'll be better not rushing to apply. You still have like 3 years to go on your 489.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Delfin said:

this is much too complicated for me.. maybe talk to immi directly or use an agent..  Sorry, can't be of much help..

In my opinion, you'll be better not rushing to apply. You still have like 3 years to go on your 489.

ok thanks but my 2 years finish in this feb i will se agent thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, any grant, may be they think that we going on welfare after getting PR, which is totally wrong, we can work hard in any job, but they don’t like us,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunit said:

Hi, any grant, may be they think that we going on welfare after getting PR, which is totally wrong, we can work hard in any job, but they don’t like us,

This clearly has nothing to do with officers going on leave... And I think Adam no longer works at immi.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Delfin said:

this is much too complicated for me.. maybe talk to immi directly or use an agent..  Sorry, can't be of much help..

In my opinion, you'll be better not rushing to apply. You still have like 3 years to go on your 489.

i got optus mobile bill that show my brother address where i live 10 days 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Sometimes you can see the history of a person's question to detect if that person is worth your time. Judging from the dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, Sunit said:

Waiting for grant friends, now they may be after 10 jan

Do you think if an agent can help you to counter check your submission? Will that help a bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunit said:

Hi, any grant, may be they think that we going on welfare after getting PR, which is totally wrong, we can work hard in any job, but they don’t like us,

Guys. Apparently, immi is hardly issuing any grants to skilled and partners visa right now (info from talking to my friends, other migrants), immi have got to be working on something else, that is more important than us at the moment, maybe, refugees? 🙂 Don't panic, one day the machine will kick in again and grants will roll out in batches! 😄 😄 

I suggest just to stay cool and have a great stress-free Christmas! Cheers!  🍸

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys. Apparently, immi is hardly issuing any grants to skilled and partners visa right now (info from talking to my friends, other migrants), immi have got to be working on something else, that is more important than us at the moment, maybe, refugees? 🙂 Don't panic, one day the machine will kick in again and grants will roll out in batches! 😄 😄 

I suggest just to stay cool and have a great stress-free Christmas! Cheers!  🍸

Your words have greater influence, Russki. Many a times I try to go impatient counting my days ! Then I wait desperately to hear some really sweet words that would bring me back on track. What life is worth living if there is no hope, no inspirations ?  Every cloud has a silver lining 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, Russki said:

We don't have this condition!!! Awsome... 🙂 

Hey ruski do we have these condition ? I applied on 9 March got my 489 in July 2015 ??? Please let me know thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

Has anyone notice this change and received confirmation from your agent? 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

 

Before, it was written as below at the website. 

 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.


You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

 
Now, it is described as below at the website
 
 
An eligible visa means either:
1) a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa


 You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.
 

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Looking forward to receiving you guys' opinion and ideas. 

 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

Has anyone notice this change and received confirmation from your agent? 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

 

Before, it was written as below at the website. 

 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.


You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

 
Now, it is described as below at the website
 
 
An eligible visa means either:
1) a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa


 You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.
 

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Looking forward to receiving you guys' opinion and ideas. 

 

Cheers 

Thanks for the observation !!!!

Has the criteria for bridging visa change? If not, I believe everything remains the same.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Can anybody help my friend, is it very strict for 2 years residence . He started to live Au at 08.03 .2016, and he applied 887 visa at 10.03.2018. but he left Au for one week during this 2 years residence. Is it Ok with him?

 

thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi all,

Can anybody help my friend, is it very strict for 2 years residence . He started to live Au at 08.03 .2016, and he applied 887 visa at 10.03.2018. but he left Au for one week during this 2 years residence. Is it Ok with him?

 

thanks in advance.

It should be ok

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 1:14 AM, Kusai said:

Hey ruski do we have these condition ? I applied on 9 March got my 489 in July 2015 ??? Please let me know thanks 

Hi @Kusai! This condition definitely does not apply to our 489 visa, I checked... So I guess, we do not have to inform about the new job, but only about change of address, new marital status, new babies... 🙂 But please don't just take my word for it, best to double-check this with the immigration - call their customer service just in case, I don't want to get anyone into trouble, hahaha! 😄 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

Has anyone notice this change and received confirmation from your agent? 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

 

Before, it was written as below at the website. 

 

You must currently hold either:
1) a skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

  Now, it is described as below at the website     An eligible visa means either:
1) a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

 You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.  

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Looking forward to receiving you guys' opinion and ideas. 

 

Cheers 



But 489 expires after 4 years and only by the time it expires then you’ll get the bridging visa. Which means you already holding a eligible visa for 4 years after you get bridging visa. What you said that “It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence.” is wrong.

Put it like this, bridging visa requires you to hold 489 visa for 4 years (until it expires) not 2 years as you mentioned.

And another thing, bridging visa doesnt expire unless:
•your application have been finalised
•you left the country (and didnt apply for bridging visa B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

Has anyone notice this change and received confirmation from your agent? 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

 

Before, it was written as below at the website. 

 

You must currently hold either:
1) a skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

  Now, it is described as below at the website     An eligible visa means either:
1) a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

 You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.  

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Looking forward to receiving you guys' opinion and ideas. 

 

Cheers 


And if youre implying that you need to hold bridging visa for 2 years before you can get a grant thats also wrong. Dont make it more complicated as it is mate. The requirements are:
•stay in australia for 2 years with eligible visa
•work for 1 year (nature of work doesnt matter)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

marlowe022,  Thanks for sharing your opinions, but one of the agent told me that your interpretation is completely wrong. 

Just a week ago, a friend of mine lodged his 887 visa application by counting his bridging visa time after applying for 489 visa. Because his agent confirmed him that the bridging visa after applying for 489 visa included in the 2 years residency requirement in accordance with the provision at the immigration website  

And all the clients of that agents already got the 887 visa without any issues although they applied for the 887 visa at the earlier stage by counting the 2 years residence requirement. 

Anyway, I still have more than a year until apply for 887 visa, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case and will make a decision.

 

I will keep updating the outcome of my friend's application progress. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Kevin said:

marlowe022,  Thanks for sharing your opinions, but one of the agent told me that your interpretation is completely wrong. 

Just a week ago, a friend of mine lodged his 887 visa application by counting his bridging visa time after applying for 489 visa. Because his agent confirmed him that the bridging visa after applying for 489 visa included in the 2 years residency requirement in accordance with the provision at the immigration website   

And all the clients of that agents already got the 887 visa without any issues although they applied for the 887 visa at the earlier stage by counting the 2 years residence requirement. 

Anyway, I still have more than a year until apply for 887 visa, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case and will make a decision.

 

I will keep updating the outcome of my friend's application progress. 

Hi Kevin, could you run through step by step how all this adds up? eg.

Step 1: stay for 2 years

Step 2:......

Step 3:......

 

When I got my bridging visa notice from home affairs, it states it wouldnt kick in until 489 expires. Unless your friend got a different notice on bridging visa. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marlowe022,  Thanks for sharing your opinions, but one of the agent told me that your interpretation is completely wrong. 
Just a week ago, a friend of mine lodged his 887 visa application by counting his bridging visa time after applying for 489 visa. Because his agent confirmed him that the bridging visa after applying for 489 visa included in the 2 years residency requirement in accordance with the provision at the immigration website  
And all the clients of that agents already got the 887 visa without any issues although they applied for the 887 visa at the earlier stage by counting the 2 years residence requirement. 
Anyway, I still have more than a year until apply for 887 visa, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case and will make a decision.
 
I will keep updating the outcome of my friend's application progress. 


What I just explain is not my interpretation. Thats how you get your bridging visa. AND thats how it works.

Please quote this, bridging visa only exist to compensate those who are applying for permanent visa and got their temporary visa expired while in the process. Having said that, bridging visa only exist to make your stay in Australia LEGAL while your application still in the process. Because you need to be onshore once they give decision to your application.

P.S. If your 489 visa expired and you didnt extend it or applied for permanent residency. You will not be given a bridging visa by the immi.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use