887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Thanks Mehedi and Marlowe022. Now it seems to be clearly understood the point of my question. 

As I was an onshore 489 visa applicant from the tourist visa (600).

It took 7 months until I get a visa grant. In other words, I was holding a bridging visa A after applying for 489 visa for 7 months. 

Thus, If the 2 years residency requirement does not count from the day of holding a bridging visa, I would apply for 887 visa 7 months behind, which is a fairly big difference to me. 

Anyway, still can't find a clear answer for my question, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case, and then I will decide to go earlier or later depending on the outcome of his application. 

He is also onshore applicant and there is a two month gap between bridging visa and 489 visa grant date. 

Once I get the result of his visa application, will update at this forum.

Cheers guys. 

Edited by Kevin
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Russki said:

Isn't it confusing? 🤔 Looking at immi site now. It literally says:

To apply for 887 you must currently hold an eligible visa. You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

An eligible visa means either:

• a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

So does it mean the lawyer was wrong in saying 1-2 months on bridging visa before getting 489 does not count?! Confused! 😄

Russki, you seems to be having exactly same question that I posted here before. 

As you can see from my previous posting, it was clearly mentioned before at the website as following. 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

In this sense, we can find out that we must hold 489 visa for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

But, now the immigration website removed the term of a "skilled visa", instead they used "eligible visa",  And the bridging visa A is also considered as eligible visa. 

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

And they also change some words from at "some time" to "total of 2 years" which might be implying the both bridging visa and 489 visa. 

Thus, it has created more confusion and there is no available explanation about this change at the website.

I sent inquiry about this to Iscah which is one of the most famous migrate agent, and they reply me that it just a word change and 489 bridging visa time does not count for the 2 years residency requirement. 

However, I still believe that there must be a reason for this change and the agent of my friend is 100% sure the bridging visa time is also counted in the 2 years residency. 

If there is only 2-3 months gap, I would apply later rather than taking a risk, but as I mentioned, it is a 7 months difference for me, so it is very important matter to me. 

Anyway, we can see some cases in the sooner future and will decide how to go with our applications.  

12 hours ago, Kevin said:

Russki, you seems to be having exactly same question that I posted here before. 

As you can see from my previous posting, it was clearly mentioned before at the website as following. 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

In this sense, we can find out that we must hold 489 visa for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

But, now the immigration website removed the term of a "skilled visa", instead they used "eligible visa",  And the bridging visa A is also considered as eligible visa. 

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

And they also change some words from at "some time" to "total of 2 years" which might be implying the both bridging visa and 489 visa. 

Thus, it has created more confusion and there is no available explanation about this change at the website.

I sent inquiry about this to Iscah which is one of the most famous migrate agent, and they reply me that it just a word change and 489 bridging visa time does not count for the 2 years residency requirement. 

However, I still believe that there must be a reason for this change and the agent of my friend is 100% sure the bridging visa time is also counted in the 2 years residency. 

If there is only 2-3 months gap, I would apply later rather than taking a risk, but as I mentioned, it is a 7 months difference for me, so it is very important matter to me. 

Anyway, we can see some cases in the sooner future and will decide how to go with our applications.  

Looks like US policy,my brother informed that thy can apply visa considering the waiting time,not sure in our case.

14 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi guys,

Just got my new passport. Anybody can show me how to update the passport details in the 887 application?

Many thanks!

It is very easy to do through your immi account. 🙂 

1. First scan your new passport. 

2. Log on to immiaccount, on a left in the menu click on "update details".

3. On the right choose "change of passport details".

4. Fill in the short form and attach your scan when requested.

All done. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

FAQ Updates 8.0  (Christmas Edition)

Disclaimer: All information below is at your own risk. The work and ideas below is not mine alone. It came from a collection of discussion.

READ THIS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

I got my eyes on you….. (Samuel L Jackson, Avengers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

I hate filling in those forms !

Go to your immi account à update details. See if there is an online version of it. It is a lot shorter and lesser stuff to fill in.

Bridging Visa for 887 is like visa 489 plus size minus the headphone jack

Once you have bridging, you will have some difficulty travelling oversea. All you get is a medicare card. Other condition remains.

Notice of incorrect Answers

I know there are 2 ways to do it. The form and online. The most error free ways should be in your immi account/update details/ notice of incorrect answers. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/online 

Parents appearing in health assessment Immi account

Family Unit ....... Family members......family unit...... Family members..... Riddle me this

In the 887 application and reference to form 1497i

Accompanying / non-accompanying Family unit = Spouse and child

Other family members = brothers, sisters, mistress, father, mother

Now you understand, go and prepare a notification of incorrect answers.

If you make your CO life difficult your LIFE will be back logged

If you name your files like "%2467.pdf" or "14Nov2018.pdf", and the CO look at it, it will definitely be stash under the table. But I think the CO has stash too many that the processing period is getting longer and longer. Give it clear names like "Bank statement january.pdf"or "Marriage Cert.pdf". Also if your competitor has more documents uploaded than you do, Your life will be backlogged.

My Baby look different from the passport!!!

1.       Download the form from this link  https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/public-safety-and-law/statutory-declarations

2.       Select a few your baby's photos (4x6cm) from the passport date to the medical exam date then stick them at the form's footer.

3.       Get support from someone (not your relatives) to fill the form and do JP it.

4.       Example of the declare's content: "The passport's photo and the rest of other photographed are of the same child <your child full name> <DOB> <Address>".

5.       This is actually for the 501 medical but I advise to submit it even before it is call up to save time.

I want to go for holiday as my bridging Visa has not kick in.

Do you want to wait for 3 more months?

I am reluctant to submit a document due to “ (enter your reason)”

When everybody got their 887….. (backstreet boys -  show me the meaning of being lonely….)

Do I need to submit form 1221, F80, spouse English, oversea AFP, Local AFP?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes..... now take a deep breath and repeat that 100 more times.

Can I have new friends?

You can have new friends unless they are going to become your wife, facebook friend, tinder mate or you intend to kidnapped …cough cough….. adopt a child. Please do it after you get your 887.

My Agent told me not to submit

So far 3 to 4 cases I can think of agent's decision is wrong.

Proof of residency****

At least 2 types, Rental and bank statement showing expenditure for 2 years. Print and show it to us too. ^_^

Proof of employment****

salary and employment letter, Superannuation statement, Tax document, notice of assessment

Spouse English

Get your University to write a letter as university course materials might not be recognize by Australia.

Relationship with Spouse

Marriage cert is not enough, need to prove continuing relationship

16 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

FAQ Updates 8.0  (Christmas Edition)

Disclaimer: All information below is at your own risk. The work and ideas below is not mine alone. It came from a collection of discussion.

READ THIS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Very good summary @Sunnysideup! 🙂  You are our new Forum Migration Agent! 😄 

Hey guys, I have noticed something - the instructions on immi site are now much clearer - I think, they have been reading our forum and learning from us!!!!! 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 10th feb said:

Were there any grantsduring this time of the year ??

Or they pretty much dont give any grabts in december??

They do. It is just a lot is happening at the moment with the immigration. 🙂 A lot of onshore PR visa processing is "halted" because immi is concentrating on something else. We don't know what is behind closed doors, but as an example, there were tremendous delays in processing citizenship applications. There was a lot of noise in the media about it recently and immi chucked all their forces on working through the back log for citizenship applications. That is a confirmed fact. Now citizenship processing times are shrinking... But ours are getting longer! 😄 Immi is not hiring new case workers, so they are very stretched. Maybe, something else is happening that is not in our favour, we cannot know.

But I am sure sooner or later our files will come to the forefront and will get processed as a matter of priority. They cannot make us wait forever, right? Having thousands of skilled migrants on bridging visas just does not look good on our Government. 🙂 So brace yourselves, enjoy your Christmas and be ready for some positive shift in the new year! 🙂 

PS Also don't forget immi has a avalanche of holiday-makers Christmas visas every December. They ARE busy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Russki said:

It is very easy to do through your immi account. 🙂 

1. First scan your new passport. 

2. Log on to immiaccount, on a left in the menu click on "update details".

3. On the right choose "change of passport details".

4. Fill in the short form and attach your scan when requested.

All done. 🙂 

Really appreciate your enthusiasm Russki!

I thought it only worked for finalised applications and actually I’ve done that for my finalised 489 application already. And I am just not sure if it still works for “received” 887 application. Once one guy on the forum mentioned Form 929 which caused a put-off. And he got his 887 visa just after he submitted the form. Wonder how he made it...I think I will submit form929 too.

Maybe I’m a little bit too sensitive because of the looong visa waiting. I don’t want to leave any excuse to picky COs :)

48 minutes ago, Bish said:

Hey guys! I am Bish not bishal and I am not from India. Somebody messed it up my name in spreadsheet. Before it was correct. Applied on 23.1.18 and still waiting.

Someone messes up names and countries regularly, sorry mate. 😞 Very sad and frustrating. I will fix it for you. 🙂