sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

1 minute ago, marlowe022 said:

I played close to the edge and I was one of the few who got a grant before CO go lay-low. I submitted my application exactly 2 years after my date of arrival and I’m glad I did, otherwise im still waiting for grant

our bad luck. I also submitted my application exactly  2 years after my date of arrival 🙂

• Like 1

our bad luck. I also submitted my application exactly  2 years after my date of arrival 

yeah thats so unfair, they should have at least finished feb before moving on to next year

totally agree, 13 days during 2 year residency is OK as long as you have permanent address in Australia. I was talking about the bridging visa toward to visa 489. don't count it into 2 year residency requirement as sometime it take more than 2 months to get that even you live in designate area during that time. don't risk. 
As long as you have 730 days on shore, it depends upon your luck, they may skip many things and pick even a single point.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, marlowe022 said:

Now@russki I cant confirm since I didn’t went through that process. Some agent really contradict each other emoji23.png

Maybe@mehedi ‘s agent is wrong about that claim.

Don't worry @marlowe022, I was just "talking outloud"! 🙂 Not really challenging anything, just feel totally confused. At this point, I can confirm only one thing: cannot trust agents, immigration officers, immigration website, immigration lawyers - as they all contradict each over and even contradict themselves! 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't worry [mention=3253]marlowe022[/mention], I was just "talking outloud"!  Not really challenging anything, just feel totally confused. At this point, I can confirm only one thing: cannot trust agents, immigration officers, immigration website, immigration lawyers - as they all contradict each over and even contradict themselves!    

I reckon its still better to apply on our own in my opinion. We got better advisers here on the forum than the agents plus its free!
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bish said:

Is imm still processing applications or they are already been closed?

The immi department has been abolished permanently.... 😂

At least to 887 applicants, it looks like it has ... LOL

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Delfin said:

The immi department has been abolished permanently.... 😂

At least to 887 applicants, it looks like it has ... LOL

I hear other visas are also very very slow (like partners visas), almost at a stood-still. 🙂 It is not just us... If it makes us feel better? 😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

I hear other visas are also very very slow (like partners visas), almost at a stood-still. 🙂 It is not just us... If it makes us feel better? 😉 

One of my friend got permanent residency 3 4 days ago after rsms

• Like 1

Hey @Russki, you've been in this forum for a long time.

From your memory, what was the highest number of CO contacts (including grants) in a day since you joined the forum? 

Thanks Mehedi and Marlowe022. Now it seems to be clearly understood the point of my question. 

As I was an onshore 489 visa applicant from the tourist visa (600).

It took 7 months until I get a visa grant. In other words, I was holding a bridging visa A after applying for 489 visa for 7 months. 

Thus, If the 2 years residency requirement does not count from the day of holding a bridging visa, I would apply for 887 visa 7 months behind, which is a fairly big difference to me. 

Anyway, still can't find a clear answer for my question, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case, and then I will decide to go earlier or later depending on the outcome of his application. 

He is also onshore applicant and there is a two month gap between bridging visa and 489 visa grant date. 

Once I get the result of his visa application, will update at this forum.

Cheers guys. 

Edited by Kevin
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Russki said:

Isn't it confusing? 🤔 Looking at immi site now. It literally says:

To apply for 887 you must currently hold an eligible visa. You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

An eligible visa means either:

• a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
  • a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

So does it mean the lawyer was wrong in saying 1-2 months on bridging visa before getting 489 does not count?! Confused! 😄

Russki, you seems to be having exactly same question that I posted here before. 

As you can see from my previous posting, it was clearly mentioned before at the website as following. 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

In this sense, we can find out that we must hold 489 visa for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

But, now the immigration website removed the term of a "skilled visa", instead they used "eligible visa",  And the bridging visa A is also considered as eligible visa. 

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

And they also change some words from at "some time" to "total of 2 years" which might be implying the both bridging visa and 489 visa. 

Thus, it has created more confusion and there is no available explanation about this change at the website.

I sent inquiry about this to Iscah which is one of the most famous migrate agent, and they reply me that it just a word change and 489 bridging visa time does not count for the 2 years residency requirement. 

However, I still believe that there must be a reason for this change and the agent of my friend is 100% sure the bridging visa time is also counted in the 2 years residency. 

If there is only 2-3 months gap, I would apply later rather than taking a risk, but as I mentioned, it is a 7 months difference for me, so it is very important matter to me. 

Anyway, we can see some cases in the sooner future and will decide how to go with our applications.  

Today I am the only one left in the office with 10 empty desk as they had all resign. Still not getting my PR. sigh.....

33 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Today I am the only one left in the office with 10 empty desk as they had all resign. Still not getting my PR. sigh.....

What work do you do if i may ask? And why did your colleagues leave all at once?

12 hours ago, Kevin said:

As you can see from my previous posting, it was clearly mentioned before at the website as following. 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

In this sense, we can find out that we must hold 489 visa for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

But, now the immigration website removed the term of a "skilled visa", instead they used "eligible visa",  And the bridging visa A is also considered as eligible visa. 

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

And they also change some words from at "some time" to "total of 2 years" which might be implying the both bridging visa and 489 visa. 

Thus, it has created more confusion and there is no available explanation about this change at the website.

I sent inquiry about this to Iscah which is one of the most famous migrate agent, and they reply me that it just a word change and 489 bridging visa time does not count for the 2 years residency requirement. 

However, I still believe that there must be a reason for this change and the agent of my friend is 100% sure the bridging visa time is also counted in the 2 years residency. 

If there is only 2-3 months gap, I would apply later rather than taking a risk, but as I mentioned, it is a 7 months difference for me, so it is very important matter to me. 

Anyway, we can see some cases in the sooner future and will decide how to go with our applications.  

Looks like US policy,my brother informed that thy can apply visa considering the waiting time,not sure in our case.

14 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hey @Russki, you've been in this forum for a long time.

From your memory, what was the highest number of CO contacts (including grants) in a day since you joined the forum? 

Good question... 🙂 From memory, we had once 7 grants, but I may be wrong... 🙂 Those were good old days! 😄 😄 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sharky0903 said:

Hi guys,

Just got my new passport. Anybody can show me how to update the passport details in the 887 application?

Many thanks!

It is very easy to do through your immi account. 🙂 

1. First scan your new passport. 

2. Log on to immiaccount, on a left in the menu click on "update details".

3. On the right choose "change of passport details".

4. Fill in the short form and attach your scan when requested.

All done. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

@Kevin, you are right, I just have not read your message first! 🙂 🙂 Yes, now I see what you mean...