sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

16 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

FAQ Updates 8.0  (Christmas Edition)

Disclaimer: All information below is at your own risk. The work and ideas below is not mine alone. It came from a collection of discussion.

READ THIS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Very good summary @Sunnysideup! 🙂  You are our new Forum Migration Agent! 😄 

Hey guys, I have noticed something - the instructions on immi site are now much clearer - I think, they have been reading our forum and learning from us!!!!! 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 10th feb said:

Were there any grantsduring this time of the year ??

Or they pretty much dont give any grabts in december??

They do. It is just a lot is happening at the moment with the immigration. 🙂 A lot of onshore PR visa processing is "halted" because immi is concentrating on something else. We don't know what is behind closed doors, but as an example, there were tremendous delays in processing citizenship applications. There was a lot of noise in the media about it recently and immi chucked all their forces on working through the back log for citizenship applications. That is a confirmed fact. Now citizenship processing times are shrinking... But ours are getting longer! 😄 Immi is not hiring new case workers, so they are very stretched. Maybe, something else is happening that is not in our favour, we cannot know.

But I am sure sooner or later our files will come to the forefront and will get processed as a matter of priority. They cannot make us wait forever, right? Having thousands of skilled migrants on bridging visas just does not look good on our Government. 🙂 So brace yourselves, enjoy your Christmas and be ready for some positive shift in the new year! 🙂 

PS Also don't forget immi has a avalanche of holiday-makers Christmas visas every December. They ARE busy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys! I am Bish not bishal and I am not from India. Somebody messed it up my name in spreadsheet. Before it was correct. Applied on 23.1.18 and still waiting.

• Sad 1

My Indian & Australian Police checks are expiring by next week. Looks like I'll have to reapply for me & my wife. Another expense!!!😒

8 minutes ago, Russki said:

It is very easy to do through your immi account. 🙂 

1. First scan your new passport. 

2. Log on to immiaccount, on a left in the menu click on "update details".

3. On the right choose "change of passport details".

4. Fill in the short form and attach your scan when requested.

All done. 🙂 

Really appreciate your enthusiasm Russki!

I thought it only worked for finalised applications and actually I’ve done that for my finalised 489 application already. And I am just not sure if it still works for “received” 887 application. Once one guy on the forum mentioned Form 929 which caused a put-off. And he got his 887 visa just after he submitted the form. Wonder how he made it...I think I will submit form929 too.

Maybe I’m a little bit too sensitive because of the looong visa waiting. I don’t want to leave any excuse to picky COs :)

48 minutes ago, Bish said:

Hey guys! I am Bish not bishal and I am not from India. Somebody messed it up my name in spreadsheet. Before it was correct. Applied on 23.1.18 and still waiting.

Someone messes up names and countries regularly, sorry mate. 😞 Very sad and frustrating. I will fix it for you. 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

I thought it only worked for finalised applications and actually I’ve done that for my finalised 489 application already. And I am just not sure if it still works for “received” 887 application. Once one guy on the forum mentioned Form 929 which caused a put-off. And he got his 887 visa just after he submitted the form. Wonder how he made it...I think I will submit form929 too.

Maybe I’m a little bit too sensitive because of the looong visa waiting. I don’t want to leave any excuse to picky COs 🙂

You do not need to separately fill the form 929 - when you do it through immi account, this form is automatically generated for you, that's the beauty of it! 🙂 Just follow those steps in my message and you will see the form 929 automatically filled and attached in you immi account once you are finished. 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Russki said:

You do not need to separately fill the form 929 - when you do it through immi account, this form is automatically generated for you, that's the beauty of it! 🙂 Just follow those steps in my message and you will see the form 929 automatically filled and attached in you immi account once you are finished. 🙂 

All right. Will do it today. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mehedi said:

Now its 12-14 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's true.

Estimated processing time is now 12-14 months as indicated in ImmiAccount.

1871264152_Estimatedprocessingtime.png.2704aa50648e9ebc276041058461a71b.png

21 minutes ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

Yes it's true.

Estimated processing time is now 12-14 months as indicated in ImmiAccount.

1871264152_Estimatedprocessingtime.png.2704aa50648e9ebc276041058461a71b.png

I feel that has to increase further. 

I feel that has to increase further. 

Yeah. Not bad. I thought they will make it like (application date - until u die)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Russki said:

Someone messes up names and countries regularly, sorry mate. 😞 Very sad and frustrating. I will fix it for you. 🙂 

Thank you Russki

• Like 1

Hi, Can we apply for 887 visa even if our 10 month old baby who's born here in Australia does not have his passport yet? thanks for your reply

1 hour ago, Mehedi said:

Now its 12-14 months

Not surprising considering only 1 application got processed so far this month.  Thats why they had to increase it by 1 month.

our 10 month old baby was born here in Australia, can I nclude hin on NON ACCOMPANYING MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY UNIT?

or ACCOMPAYING MEMBER OF FAMILY UNIT?

What is the difference between those two?

Maybe I’m a little bit too sensitive because of the looong visa waiting. I don’t want to leave any excuse to picky COs :)

Why dont we approach media on this delay in permanent residency and long delays in opening files. If someone approach the channel representative and share email , we can all submit our concerns with dates.
The people who live in cities like adelaide make more impact in approaching.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi, guys. 

I have a plan to apply for 887 by December 2019, but my 489 visa is valid until 19 June 2022, which is considered as big enough time until the 887 grant. 

So, what if I apply for the 887 visa , but still 489 visa is in effect more than 2 years, is there any restriction to stay in overseas while waiting for 887 grant? 

Will I get any issue if I stay in overseas for long-term such as 6 months, possibly longer? 

Hi guys if your 489 visa finishes and you’re on bridging visa then can you move to city while you waiting for your PR please let me know thanks 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:16 PM, Sara said:

Thanks alot, I have send them the Gp letter, they asked about in the paper health assesment , do you know anything about it? How long I have to wait after sending Gp letter? 

Totally depends upon case office.

3 hours ago, Kusai said:

Hi guys if your 489 visa finishes and you’re on bridging visa then can you move to city while you waiting for your PR please let me know thanks 

you cannot move because 489 visa and conditions still applies on you.

Hi Guys,

After visa expiration if i need to leave Australia and be back what is the procedure? Should we apply for Bridging visa B ? would that be an issue to do that way also anyone aware of processing time?