sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

6 hours ago, Honey said:

some one messed up with sheet and deleted so many records.

Please revert it back if they have backup. I cant find myself in excel sheet.

They put everything without records in sheet 71. 

fixed...check now please

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have applied for 887 visa recently? 

Anyone has experienced that your application can't proceed further by saying that " You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service" ? 

The valid prerequisite visa is 489 visa and obviously, I am a 489 visa holder, so it sounds does not make sense to me.

I sent inquiry about this matter to the department and waiting their response. 

Plus, when I click the apply button on the 887 visa on the immigration website, it shows "Maritime crew visa" instead of 887, which seemed to be another technical issue. 

Will appreciate if anyone suffered or currently having same issue of mine. 

Cheers

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Does anyone have applied for 887 visa recently? 

Anyone has experienced that your application can't proceed further by saying that " You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service" ? 

The valid prerequisite visa is 489 visa and obviously, I am a 489 visa holder, so it sounds does not make sense to me.

I sent inquiry about this matter to the department and waiting their response. 

Plus, when I click the apply button on the 887 visa on the immigration website, it shows "Maritime crew visa" instead of 887, which seemed to be another technical issue. 

Will appreciate if anyone suffered or currently having same issue of mine. 

Cheers

I had the same issue, contacted support team.

Back then I hadnt completed my 2 years. Support team asked to complete 2 years. 

Issue got automatically fixed once my 2 years were completed.

One of my friends has got his visa 189 last saturday. They always cry about immigration but still would not give visa who is waiting since 12 months but happy to bring someone from overseas within 3 months..yes my frnd applied in sep 18.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

One of my friends has got his visa 189 last saturday. They always cry about immigration but still would not give visa who is waiting since 12 months but happy to bring someone from overseas within 3 months..yes my frnd applied in sep 18.. 

that's because the 189 falls under priority processing. Read below page for more info. 

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/allocation-dates-for-general-skilled-migration-applications

Simply: 

887 - First in - Criteria match - First out

189 - Highest score - First out

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toot said:

I had the same issue, contacted support team.

Back then I hadnt completed my 2 years. Support team asked to complete 2 years. 

Issue got automatically fixed once my 2 years were completed.

Since when the problem being resolved in your case? If you are the off-shore 489 applicant, it may be different story to mine. 

Did they mention the 2 years are counted from the day you got 489 or from the bridging visa? 

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Thanks for your reply. Did they mention the 2 years are counted from the day you got 489 or from the bridging visa? 

two year count is form the date you get visa (and land in australia). If you are in Australia then it is the date when you got 489 otherwise if you were in your country when you got 489 then it is the date when you landed here

14 minutes ago, Sunil said:

two year count is form the date you get visa (and land in australia). If you are in Australia then it is the date when you got 489 otherwise if you were in your country when you got 489 then it is the date when you landed here

According to the migration regulation provision 887.212, Bridging visa A or B after applying for 489 visa are also counted in 2 years residency requirement. I do not want to argue with this as it's been discussed before, I just want to clarify the technical problem on the immigration website to proceed the application.

If anyone suffered the same issue of mine, please let me know when the problem was resolved. 

Cheers 

8 hours ago, 10th feb said:

Is it in your immi account???

8 hours ago, 10th feb said:

Is it in your immi account???

Nar, its at 887 visa page, old version

16 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hi @Honey, do you mind sharing what work documents you submitted to immigration?

Hi

I Submitted following

My 12-month salary slips

2 Assessment of notification

Employment Contract

HR letter that I am working since  till now [Work Reference]

Superannuation for 2 years.

Group Certificate of 2 years

Bank Statement of salary slips - Business

That's all 🙂

3 hours ago, tej said:

Nar, its at 887 visa page, old version

Well im not sure if it matters its 14 months as of now in new version

13 hours ago, tej said:

Processing time changed 12-15 months now!

In reality I believe it should increase further 12 should change to 15,may be typo error.

39 minutes ago, RANJU said:

In reality I believe it should increase further 12 should change to 15,may be typo error.

Lol why would you say that. I hope they would start in january

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Honey said:

Hi

I Submitted following

My 12-month salary slips

2 Assessment of notification

Employment Contract

HR letter that I am working since  till now [Work Reference] 

Superannuation for 2 years.

Group Certificate of 2 years

Bank Statement of salary slips - Business

That's all 🙂

Hi Honey, looking good there but I don't have some of the documents you mentioned if I could ticker your brain a bit. Why do you need work reference when there is employment contract and superannuation and pay slips?

What is group certificates?

5 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hi Honey, looking good there but I don't have some of the documents you mentioned if I could ticker your brain a bit. Why do you need work reference when there is employment contract and superannuation and pay slips?

Group certificate you get from the company where you work. It helps in Tax which shows how much you earn and what was the taxable amount of work you have done.

HR Reference letter just another document which shows my address and my work experience in the same company for more than 1 year. 

I prefer to add the maximum document which shows my address and work. 

1 hour ago, Sunnysideup said:

Group certificates are PAYG statements or Pay Summary, you get this at the end of a financial year. 

I don't actually have a written work contract. So I called immi the other day and the operator said write a cover letter explaining this. I ended up including it in my statutory declaration instead.

What work documents did you submit Sunny if you dont mind sharing?

26 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Group certificates are PAYG statements or Pay Summary, you get this at the end of a financial year. 

I don't actually have a written work contract. So I called immi the other day and the operator said write a cover letter explaining this. I ended up including it in my statutory declaration instead.

What work documents did you submit Sunny if you dont mind sharing?

• Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, payslip
  • AFP, Over sea AFP
  • Passport
  • Notification of incorrect Answers
  • Marriage cert, lease agreement
  • form 80, 1221
  • bank statement for 2 years
  • Drivers license Aussie
  • Rental agreement
  • Passport photo
  • Child - passport, birth cert, photo
  • Wife - same as above , language is a letter from school.

Did I miss out anything?

3 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

• Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, payslip
  • AFP, Over sea AFP
  • Passport
  • Notification of incorrect Answers
  • Marriage cert, lease agreement
  • form 80, 1221
  • bank statement for 2 years
  • Drivers license Aussie
  • Rental agreement
  • Passport photo
  • Child - passport, birth cert, photo
  • Wife - same as above , language is a letter from school.

Did I miss out anything?

LOL! I don't think so. You should get a direct grant!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delfin said:

LOL! I don't think so. You should get a direct grant!

Should I still upload my PayG? My AFP has expired.

8 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Should I still upload my PayG? My AFP has expired.

I think you should give them your payg. As for your AFP, i dont think you’ll be asked to renew it unless u visit other countries after you lodged.

At this point all applicants will have expired AFP by the time their applications are reviewed/opened. Because AFPs are valid for 6 mnths and the curent processing time is 12-14 mths..

2 hours ago, Vinh said:

I think Afp is valid for 12 months bro.

I just checked and yes, you are correct. They are valid for 12 months. Thanks for the correction.