Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Did your agent ask?

No, but a friend of mine who got her 887 3-4 years ago said payslips that do not have a logo or color in them must be certified. I don't know where she got this info from that's why I asked about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delfin said:

No, but a friend of mine who got her 887 3-4 years ago said payslips that do not have a logo or color in them must be certified. I don't know where she got this info from that's why I asked about this.

Of my years of work, payslip in soft copy do not have logo.

The traditional way of printing payslip by dot printer has a logo because of the paper. Those carbon printing fade within a year.

I read somewhere in the home affairs page, unless a hard copy of whichever document submitted it must be a certified copy, but a softcopy do not. Maybe you can counter check this criteria again.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied on 24/01/2018 and my file was 1st opened on 30/08/2018 and asked for further documents. My 489 visa is valid till November 2019. (Technically I am not in bridging visa ATM).

my father in law is in critical condition back in my home country, can I just go back home and come?

do I have to inform the home affairs?

i applied via agent and he told me that I don’t have to inform anyone as My bridging visa is still not in effect.

please advise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Members,

I have a quick question hopefully I can get a constructive answer to it. Im suppose to apply for 887 end of FEB so is it ok to get AFP now or should I get by end of feb closer to the date I will submit 887.

Looking forward to your advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Johnnyboy said:

I applied on 24/01/2018 and my file was 1st opened on 30/08/2018 and asked for further documents. My 489 visa is valid till November 2019. (Technically I am not in bridging visa ATM).

my father in law is in critical condition back in my home country, can I just go back home and come?

do I have to inform the home affairs?

i applied via agent and he told me that I don’t have to inform anyone as My bridging visa is still not in effect.

please advise me.

It's always safe to inform them. You can notify them by call. Please call them and inform that you going overseas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Members,

I have a quick question hopefully I can get a constructive answer to it. Im suppose to apply for 887 end of FEB so is it ok to get AFP now or should I get by end of feb closer to the date I will submit 887.

Looking forward to your advise.

Try to apply mid feb and attach with the document. Once you apply 887, there will be a 8-9 month period for attaching the document.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Honey said:

Try to apply mid feb and attach with the document. Once you apply 887, there will be a 8-9 month period for attaching the document.

So once I submit my application I can still attach documents? if that's the case then that's good.
however I got my AFP today although I applied during Xmas holidays thinking they would take 15-20 business days but apparently it was processed immediately.
So do you suggest I should get a new one by end of feb or this one should be fine as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Members,

I have a quick question hopefully I can get a constructive answer to it. Im suppose to apply for 887 end of FEB so is it ok to get AFP now or should I get by end of feb closer to the date I will submit 887.

Looking forward to your advise.

Hi Tawkii,

 

It would be great if u do AFP very near to application date or after application date as immigration team is taking on an average 10 to 11 month to pickup file.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

So once I submit my application I can still attach documents? if that's the case then that's good.
however I got my AFP today although I applied during Xmas holidays thinking they would take 15-20 business days but apparently it was processed immediately.
So do you suggest I should get a new one by end of feb or this one should be fine as well?

That will be fine. You can attach documents till CO assigned. so you have plenty of time,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 1:09 PM, Delfin said:

Like new debit card from anz, letter from super fund (not super statement), promotional credit card letter from anz, letter from ato when i registered for abn, etc. 

These are helpful letters, as they are from respectable institutions: bank, tax office and super fund. Definitely upload as a proof. 🙂 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Honey said:

It's always safe to inform them. You can notify them by call. Please call them and inform that you going overseas.

Thanks Honey, have u guys got any contact details for immi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnnyboy said:

Can someone Give me the number of home affairs to talk about my visa

131881

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnnyboy said:

Thanks Honey, have u guys got any contact details for immi?

No dear nothing so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Wish you all of you and your families peaceful 2019!

I just joined this portal and expecting to apply for PR in coming February. I would like to have your advice as I just started collecting required documents for the submission. I have couple of specific question, I would appreciate,if anyone can answer. 

  • First two months once I came to Australia stayed with one of my friend so I can't prove my accommodation there as I don't have any utility bills?
  • I worked casual (but full time) during my first year and then I got a permanent job. My question is that the payslips of my first job doesn't have logo in it. Do I need to certify them?
  • I haven't created a IMMI account yet, any suggestion for that?
  • Anything else  that I should know 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Roma said:

Hi everyone,

Wish you all of you and your families peaceful 2019!

I just joined this portal and expecting to apply for PR in coming February. I would like to have your advice as I just started collecting required documents for the submission. I have couple of specific question, I would appreciate,if anyone can answer. 

  • First two months once I came to Australia stayed with one of my friend so I can't prove my accommodation there as I don't have any utility bills?
  • I worked casual (but full time) during my first year and then I got a permanent job. My question is that the payslips of my first job doesn't have logo in it. Do I need to certify them?
  • I haven't created a IMMI account yet, any suggestion for that?
  • Anything else  that I should know 

Thanks in advance

8

You can ask your friend to write stat dec that you stay with him for 2 month.

I think if you paying tax while working casual it should accepted.

you should create account only than you can apply 887 yourself.

Rest Good Luck

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year to all of you.
I want to ask the people who applied through their agents that what's their agents feedback on this hopeless situation that February files are not picked up even to mid of Feb?
The petition prepared by Russki, was it shared with immigration minister by email?
I believe we should send it to immigration minister individually by quoting current scenarios.
Suggestions???

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Butt said:

Happy New Year to all of you.
I want to ask the people who applied through their agents that what's their agents feedback on this hopeless situation that February files are not picked up even to mid of Feb?
The petition prepared by Russki, was it shared with immigration minister by email?
I believe we should send it to immigration minister individually by quoting current scenarios.
Suggestions???

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

Let's wait for one week. let them commence their work and see how they go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general the process is taking very long time

as you were saying on this forum still mid Feb files is not being processed or opened so when for example May ones will be ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Let's wait for one week. let them commence their work and see how they go.
Did not they commence until now?
Any source to confirm this,?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Butt said:

Happy New Year to all of you.
I want to ask the people who applied through their agents that what's their agents feedback on this hopeless situation that February files are not picked up even to mid of Feb?
The petition prepared by Russki, was it shared with immigration minister by email?
I believe we should send it to immigration minister individually by quoting current scenarios.
Suggestions???
 

Yes, the petition was emailed to David Coleman and Shaynne Neumann - alas, not changed anything for us. 😞 I guess, our petition is for a very small circle and it is not well supported, we have less than 1000 signatures. If in our petition we were fighting to stop global warming, stop killing the whales or reduce use of plastic, we would have a very different level of support! 🙂 🙂  But it is what it is. 🙂 

Possibly the Immigration don't take our complaints seriously because they have more pressing people to process, like refugees in detention centres (it was in the newspaper yesterday). The government is getting rid of many detention centres and in a hurry to process the remaining detainees files. Compared to the detainees, we are "safe" candidates - we work, look after our families without Government help and we have medicare now. Government do not have to spend any funds on us, as we do not live in detention centres. So the immigration ministers simply do not understand why we are complaining... 🙂  This is how I see this situation.  We are hostages of the system! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, the petition was emailed to David Coleman and Shaynne Neumann - alas, not changed anything for us.  I guess, our petition is for a very small circle and it is not well supported, we have less than 1000 signatures. If in our petition we were fighting to stop global warming, stop killing the whales or reduce use of plastic, we would have a very different level of support!    But it is what it is.  
Possibly the Immigration don't take our complaints seriously because they have more pressing people to process, like refugees in detention centres (it was in the newspaper yesterday). The government is getting rid of many detention centres and in a hurry to process the remaining detainees files. Compared to the detainees, we are "safe" candidates - we work, look after our families without Government help and we have medicare now. Government do not have to spend any funds on us, as we do not live in detention centres. So the immigration ministers simply do not understand why we are complaining...   This is how I see this situation.  We are hostages of the system! 
Hi Russki
What if we share the same petition with media houses. The idea behind that is not fasten up the individual cases but may help collectively for many in the time to come.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Butt said:

Hi Russki
What if we share the same petition with media houses. The idea behind that is not fasten up the individual cases but may help collectively for many in the time to come.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

It is a good idea, I wouldn't know where to start though! 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use