Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Delfin said:

If you're talking about the bridging visa that you get after you applied for 489 then yes. But I think 99% of 489 applicants are offshore these days? 

What is 99% are offshore ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunnysideup said:

What is 99% are offshore ?

I meant 99% percent of 489 applicants do not apply from within Australia. But I may be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, Honey said:

You can ask your friend to write stat dec that you stay with him for 2 month.

I think if you paying tax while working casual it should accepted.

you should create account only than you can apply 887 yourself.

Rest Good Luck

Hi Honey,

Is there any specific thing we need to include in this letter? because from the day one I arrived I rent a room and there's no agreement no bill under my name and rent is paid by cash up to date (I’ll be applying in March 19) but if you take my bank statement every fortnight I have withdrawn 200$ for rent.

Also I got letters from ATO/Department of Human Services/ State Car Registration and Driving License/ Insurance Car + life/Bank/ Supper and employer letters under the same address. And even in my payslips they have mentioned the outlet I worked.

Thank you,

Preax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Preax said:

Hi Honey,

Is there any specific thing we need to include in this letter? because from the day one I arrived I rent a room and there's no agreement no bill under my name and rent is paid by cash up to date (I’ll be applying in March 19) but if you take my bank statement every fortnight I have withdrawn 200$ for rent.

Also I got letters from ATO/Department of Human Services/ State Car Registration and Driving License/ Insurance Car + life/Bank/ Supper and employer letters under the same address. And even in my payslips they have mentioned the outlet I worked.

Thank you,

Preax

Hi Prex,

Nothing specific. He has to write that you initially stay with him from date and since date. Thats it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, sak745 said:

My overseas police clearance will be valid till next month (Feb). This means, my overseas police clearance might not be valid at the time of my visa granted, if the visa processing time 12 months.

However I haven't gone back to overseas after obtaining my police clearance.

As department says, validity of police clearance is 12 months, do I need to obtain the fresh police clearance again?

When did you apply? 🙂 I called immigration customer advice about this and the officer told me that I do not have to renew the police certificates, even though they have expired now. But, this being said, I do not trust what they say quite often, they seems to contradict themselves all the time. For this reason, it may be a good idea to renew AFP and even NPC, if you can be bothered. 😄 😄  May save you months of extra wait.... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Russki said:

When did you apply? 🙂 I called immigration customer advice about this and the officer told me that I do not have to renew the police certificates, even though they have expired now. But, this being said, I do not trust what they say quite often, they seems to contradict themselves all the time. For this reason, it may be a good idea to renew AFP and even NPC, if you can be bothered. 😄 😄  May save you months of extra wait.... 

Hi Russki,

Thanks for reply. I applied in March. My overseas police clearance will be expired on feb due to this lengthy processing time. Anyway I will wait for them like you said.

I don't want to waste the money for applying these unnecessary. I will test my luck.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Kevin said:

Hi, guys. 

I just want to share the information which might be useful for the current 489 visa holder (onshore applicant only). 

I got an clear answer from one of the 887 visa case officer regarding the 2 years requirement and 1 year full-time criteria which has been misleading since the website was updated. 

According to her, the time we spent as a bridging visa holder can be counted for 2 years residence and 1 year full-time work criteria, but there is another requirement that we need to hold the 489 visa at least for 2 years before making 887 visa application based on the item 1136 (7)(b) in the migration regulation 1994. 

So, literally we are eligible to apply 887 visa after 2 years from the date of grant our 489 visa, however the time we spent as a bridging visa holder of 489 is still valid to meet the 2 years residence and 1 year full time work requirement. 

It's a bit late, but all happy new year.

 

Hi kevin i applied for 489 on april 2017 but my 485 visa was also granted on the same month however i got the bridging visa for 489 but was not active as i was on a 485 visa which is the graduate visa but my 489 was approved on sept 2017 what do you think i should apply on april 2019 or sept 2019 just curious before any changes implement after jul 2019 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, Honey said:

Hi Navdeep,

 

You haven't receive your PR yet? Did you call immigration ?

Its soooooooooo long time.

Naaa, No information yet. Spoken to immigration numerous times but for no use.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, James said:

Hi kevin i applied for 489 on april 2017 but my 485 visa was also granted on the same month however i got the bridging visa for 489 but was not active as i was on a 485 visa which is the graduate visa but my 489 was approved on sept 2017 what do you think i should apply on april 2019 or sept 2019 just curious before any changes implement after jul 2019 

you definitely need to wait until sept 2019 to apply. the requirement 2 years residency in designate area is not counted when you are in Bridging visa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

you definitely need to wait until sept 2019 to apply. the requirement 2 years residency in designate area is not counted when you are in Bridging visa. 

But i stayed in the same region since i was on student visa and my condition is in the same region

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Honey said:

Hi Prex,

Nothing specific. He has to write that you initially stay with him from date and since date. Thats it. 

Does it need to address to "Department of Immigration and Border Protection," or just "TO WHOM MAY IT CONCERN"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, my family and I will be completing 2 years in regional NSW in March and will be applying for 887. Can someone please explain the process? Where do we start?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Preax said:

Does it need to address to "Department of Immigration and Border Protection," or just "TO WHOM MAY IT CONCERN"

I send you message please check that. You have to ask owner to sign it in front of police.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James said:

But i stayed in the same region since i was on student visa and my condition is in the same region

Yeah but it does not count into "2 year residency requirement" so basically, the date when you granted visa 489 will be your first day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply 887 soon. I think I got all the documents sorted except the overseas police clearance. I have applied for it but going to take 2months for it 😥

I am just wondering whether I can apply for 887 without the Police Clearance, with the receipt that I got it from our consulate confirming that I applied for it? And add that once I received it.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, R.Jay said:

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply 887 soon. I think I got all the documents sorted except the overseas police clearance. I have applied for it but going to take 2months for it 😥

I am just wondering whether I can apply for 887 without the Police Clearance, with the receipt that I got it from our consulate confirming that I applied for it? And add that once I received it.

Thank you

You can apply without police clearance mate, you can add your attachment latter on. It not a big deal.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, R.Jay said:

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply 887 soon. I think I got all the documents sorted except the overseas police clearance. I have applied for it but going to take 2months for it 😥

I am just wondering whether I can apply for 887 without the Police Clearance, with the receipt that I got it from our consulate confirming that I applied for it? And add that once I received it.

Thank you

Go a head without PCC would be the better idea in these days because PCC only valid for 12 months from the date issued and currently processing time for 887 is 15 months. Smart option is if you do PCC after 8 or 9 months from the date you applied 887. That way you don’t have to do it again later on. Good luck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 6:05 AM, john snow said:

Dear Members,

i am new to this forum, i along with my family applied for 887 in March2018, so far not hearing anything. My wife's father is very sick and she wants to go back home to see her father. It's crucial time for her.Just wondering if it is safe to do so,Shall we inform the department? our 489 visa will gonna expire in July this year. Any advice shall be highly appreciated. Have a blessed new year. 

Dear John Snow

Yes it is safe to travel after you applied for 887 and you do not need to tell immi home affairs if you want to travel outside Australia while they process your application for 887 visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Travel after you apply.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Farha said:

Hi everyone, my family and I will be completing 2 years in regional NSW in March and will be applying for 887. Can someone please explain the process? Where do we start?  Thanks.

Hi Farha

As requested, here's a link  that explains the process and gives the step by step 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

If  you need more help, feel free to ask.

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im actually scared now.. i hope they dont increase the timeframe again.. the way they are working i dont know whats in store for us..

 

Im putting in 2 to 3 complaints everyday..i would request everyone to do the same.. do it anonymously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Im actually scared now.. i hope they dont increase the timeframe again.. the way they are working i dont know whats in store for us..

 

Im putting in 2 to 3 complaints everyday..i would request everyone to do the same.. do it anonymously 

i do it everyday once. i really hope they start processing now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i do it everyday once. i really hope they start processing now. 
Everyone must do atleast twice a day.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone tried asking what’s your queue number? 887 goes by FIFO.

Maybe suggesting a queue number system instead of a general timeframe is a better idea.

we are the customers after all. Even Macdonald does it better.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone tried asking what’s your queue number? 887 goes by FIFO.
Maybe suggesting a queue number system instead of a general timeframe is a better idea.
we are the customers after all. Even Macdonald does it better.
Who will suggest and where?
We can lodge complaint, email , call and just wait.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use