887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 minutes ago, Russki said:

Well, in all honesty, I have not heard of one person yet who were asked for a medical when applying for 887 after holding 489 - that of course does not mean such person don't exist. 🙂 🙂 I think, the medical that you undertake when applying for 489 counts as a tick for 887, too. 🙂 Guys, please let us know if anyone knows more about this?

@Mariner, please check your immi account, it should state there if you need a medical. I assume you already applied for 887? 😉  

Medical I assume is only required if one has had a new born during their stay on 489. Now regarding that I wanted to check can we get new borns medical done before applying for 887?

2 hours ago, Mariner said:

I believe heath examinations are required. Attached screenshot from DHA website....cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Well, in all honesty, I have not heard of one person yet who were asked for a medical when applying for 887 after holding 489 - that of course does not mean such person don't exist. 🙂 🙂 I think, the medical that you undertake when applying for 489 counts as a tick for 887, too. 🙂 Guys, please let us know if anyone knows more about this?

@Mariner, please check your immi account, it should state there if you need a medical. I assume you already applied for 887? 😉 

I agree with Comrade Russki. 😎

I also have not heard of any person who was asked for medical examinations when applying for 887 visa.

Upon checking my immi account online lodgement page, it shows "no health assessment or no examinations required" and I have not been contacted by the department to do anything to meet the health requirement. 🙂

1338088251_Healthassessment.thumb.png.83a3d19c5bfc7b0127f547844360f544.png

Edited by 02 Feb 18
same image uploaded
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Russki said:

It may only be required for a newborn or if an applicant is applying for an 887 via another route other than a 489. There were other visas, I think sc476 (older visas not currently offered), etc that may not have had an initial medical. For 489 visa holders there is no further medical required.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

... and to help them speed up the process I think they should recruit and employ us because of our relevant experience, knowledge and skills on this ordeal 😊😊

I agree.. The knowledge and information what we have now through this forum is much more then what they know. And after long break they might have forgotten everything. But hats off to their management skills, created a backlog for a year and still quite and calm with no traces of information. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Seriously guys, what are the COs doing not processing any 887 applications? This is madness.

Immi is processing hundreds of detainees from closing detention centres as a priority? New private system for processing is being set up? COs are working on citizenship applications backlog? Nobody know... 🙂 We can only wait and see. 😉 

Hello guys i applied visa on 30/10/17  nd got the grant in 10 months. I lived in adelaide for my living requirements. Stright after getting my grants i started applying in melbourne. And soon after i got the job nearly 60k. My wife who could never found job in adelaide, got job here in melbourne in few weeks. So my point of telling all that is those guys who are waiting for their grants plz be passions cz good time now is few steps away only. I always pray for russki he have been waiting from ages. Guys i also thought i ll never have good time in life. I was stressed same as you. But now i take those days as a memory. Since i have my PR i feel more confident even employer value me differently. Russki buddy hope u get ur grants very soon. Tc everyone. Goodluck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/28/2018 at 8:40 PM, Delfin said:

I just checked and yes, you are correct. They are valid for 12 months. Thanks for the correction.

Most of my friends got PR 189 after 3 months applying. It is unfair for all of us with 887. It is nearly 3 years now. We missed so many opportunities for jobs, family, house and education.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Khan901 said:

Hello guys i applied visa on 30/10/17  nd got the grant in 10 months. I lived in adelaide for my living requirements. Stright after getting my grants i started applying in melbourne. And soon after i got the job nearly 60k. My wife who could never found job in adelaide, got job here in melbourne in few weeks. So my point of telling all that is those guys who are waiting for their grants plz be passions cz good time now is few steps away only. I always pray for russki he have been waiting from ages. Guys i also thought i ll never have good time in life. I was stressed same as you. But now i take those days as a memory. Since i have my PR i feel more confident even employer value me differently. Russki buddy hope u get ur grants very soon. Tc everyone. Goodluck. 

Thank you so much for your wonderful post @Khan901! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🤗🤗 It is very refreshing to have a lovely message of hope from someone who was in our shoes once and knows how it feels. 🙂 🙂 Pop-in more often! 😉 ...and happy for you and the wife for getting good jobs and regaining peace after getting PR!!!  

• Like 3

Guys, this is an important message regarding police clearances and other time sensitive documents, like IELTS certificates. 🙂 

I have spoken to immi again this morning regarding this. The customer service guy told me that it is PREFERABLE that all police certificates and IELTS tests are still valid when the applicant's file gets picked up for assessment/decision. He said however that it depends on the CO - some will ask for updated AFP and NPCC, some won't! So if you decide not to update expired police clearances, it is a risk. Basically, it is not compulsory to update certificates, but it is best to update them, as you never know what is in your CO's head.  Very wishy-washy and frustrating conversation. 😞  

I also asked a very straight question: what is happening with immigration department? Why nothing is moving? He was very cagey and kept saying "I don't have access to this information, I can only give you information about your application status". He kept repeating it over and over. I just couldn't get anything else out of him.

So there you go guys! Something is up, but we are kept in the dark! 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Russki and all members. Happy New Year and hope you had a great time with family.

My wife and I applied on 21st July 2018 and now we are planning to go overseas (Iran) for a wedding. We will be there from 22nd Feb to 29th March. I would appreciate if you could advise what actions we need to take? Do we need to submit any form to Immigration? As you may already know we are not assigned any CO yet. So not sure to whom we should contact with about our trip.

FYI- we are still on 489 Visa and its valid till next year April.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doman said:

Hi Russki and all members. Happy New Year and hope you had a great time with family.

My wife and I applied on 21st July 2018 and now we are planning to go overseas (Iran) for a wedding. We will be there from 22nd Feb to 29th March. I would appreciate if you could advise what actions we need to take? Do we need to submit any form to Immigration? As you may already know we are not assigned any CO yet. So not sure to whom we should contact with about our trip.

FYI- we are still on 489 Visa and its valid till next year April.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi @Doman and Happy New Year! 🙂 The immi used to have a requirement to let them know if you are travelling overseas and provide them with the dates or departure and return. But it appears now they abolished this requirement, we noticed this change in their new website (everything is automatically linked these days and they will still know your whereabouts through their internal database). 

Still, if you feel it is better to let them know, just email them or call them and ask them to add a note to your file that you will be overseas on those dates:

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au  (quote your TRF or passport number)

131881 - to call them. Choose option 3.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Hi @Doman and Happy New Year! 🙂 The immi used to have a requirement to let them know if you are travelling overseas and provide them with the dates or departure and return. But it appears now they abolished this requirement, we noticed this change in their new website. 

Still, if you feel it is better to let them know, just email them or call them and ask them to add a note to your file that you will be overseas on those dates:

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au  (quote your TRF or passport number)

131881 - to call them. Choose option 3.

Thanks Russki for the prompt reply.