sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Ohh god.. i dont know its getting too much .. can we do something??
Write to media houses and share it there.
Nothing else you can do or we can other than that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Khan901 said:

Hello guys i applied visa on 30/10/17  nd got the grant in 10 months. I lived in adelaide for my living requirements. Stright after getting my grants i started applying in melbourne. And soon after i got the job nearly 60k. My wife who could never found job in adelaide, got job here in melbourne in few weeks. So my point of telling all that is those guys who are waiting for their grants plz be passions cz good time now is few steps away only. I always pray for russki he have been waiting from ages. Guys i also thought i ll never have good time in life. I was stressed same as you. But now i take those days as a memory. Since i have my PR i feel more confident even employer value me differently. Russki buddy hope u get ur grants very soon. Tc everyone. Goodluck. 

Thank you so much for your wonderful post @Khan901! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🤗🤗 It is very refreshing to have a lovely message of hope from someone who was in our shoes once and knows how it feels. 🙂 🙂 Pop-in more often! 😉 ...and happy for you and the wife for getting good jobs and regaining peace after getting PR!!!  

• Like 3

Guys, this is an important message regarding police clearances and other time sensitive documents, like IELTS certificates. 🙂 

I have spoken to immi again this morning regarding this. The customer service guy told me that it is PREFERABLE that all police certificates and IELTS tests are still valid when the applicant's file gets picked up for assessment/decision. He said however that it depends on the CO - some will ask for updated AFP and NPCC, some won't! So if you decide not to update expired police clearances, it is a risk. Basically, it is not compulsory to update certificates, but it is best to update them, as you never know what is in your CO's head.  Very wishy-washy and frustrating conversation. 😞  

I also asked a very straight question: what is happening with immigration department? Why nothing is moving? He was very cagey and kept saying "I don't have access to this information, I can only give you information about your application status". He kept repeating it over and over. I just couldn't get anything else out of him.

So there you go guys! Something is up, but we are kept in the dark! 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Russki and all members. Happy New Year and hope you had a great time with family.

My wife and I applied on 21st July 2018 and now we are planning to go overseas (Iran) for a wedding. We will be there from 22nd Feb to 29th March. I would appreciate if you could advise what actions we need to take? Do we need to submit any form to Immigration? As you may already know we are not assigned any CO yet. So not sure to whom we should contact with about our trip.

FYI- we are still on 489 Visa and its valid till next year April.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doman said:

Hi Russki and all members. Happy New Year and hope you had a great time with family.

My wife and I applied on 21st July 2018 and now we are planning to go overseas (Iran) for a wedding. We will be there from 22nd Feb to 29th March. I would appreciate if you could advise what actions we need to take? Do we need to submit any form to Immigration? As you may already know we are not assigned any CO yet. So not sure to whom we should contact with about our trip.

FYI- we are still on 489 Visa and its valid till next year April.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi @Doman and Happy New Year! 🙂 The immi used to have a requirement to let them know if you are travelling overseas and provide them with the dates or departure and return. But it appears now they abolished this requirement, we noticed this change in their new website (everything is automatically linked these days and they will still know your whereabouts through their internal database). 

Still, if you feel it is better to let them know, just email them or call them and ask them to add a note to your file that you will be overseas on those dates:

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au  (quote your TRF or passport number)

131881 - to call them. Choose option 3.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russki said:

Hi @Doman and Happy New Year! 🙂 The immi used to have a requirement to let them know if you are travelling overseas and provide them with the dates or departure and return. But it appears now they abolished this requirement, we noticed this change in their new website. 

Still, if you feel it is better to let them know, just email them or call them and ask them to add a note to your file that you will be overseas on those dates:

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au  (quote your TRF or passport number)

131881 - to call them. Choose option 3.

Thanks Russki for the prompt reply. 

57 minutes ago, Just do it... said:

There seems to be an ever changing ideas floating around from 3 years to 5 years to 4 years. New visa requirement, etc etc… Its quite futile effort trying to follow the news when the ministers keep changing every once a year.

Who is our friends and Foe??

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/11/scott-morrison-coag-population-growth-immigration

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/11/peter-dutton-contradicts-turnbull-on-immigration

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/let-s-talk-immigration-and-population-hold-the-hysteria-20180817-p4zy63.html

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2018/09/07/new-immigration-minister-hails-migrants-contribution-australia

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/the-debate-over-immigration-intake-that-is-destabilising-the-government/news-story/922b0d02bf15e91dddfd4e514e52968b

Scott morrision

target low population growth

slow rate of immigration

Gladys Berejiklian, premier

With Scott's view

Daniel Andrews, premier Victoria

no funding for infrastructure, useless to take about immigration

The Queensland premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk

What funding are we getting?

Greed

Andrew Barr, the chief minister of the Australian Capital Territory,

Where are we going?

Turnbull denied cutting immigration rate by 20k

Christ Bowen ?

Philip Ruddock

cut immigraiton (Asian!!)

Tony Abbort

cut immigration

Wayne Swan Incoming Labor national president?

The Greens party for instance, has been criticised by the likes of advocacy group Sustainable Population Australia, for supporting high immigration at the expense of the environment.

Property Council chief executive Ken Morrison said there needed to be better planning, coordination and investment in infrastructure.

David coleman

Sitting on the fence as he is new

Friends.......................

ACTU (Michele O'Neil ) and big business joined forces to call for the retention of the permanent program.

University of Technology Sydney’s professor of social economics, Jock Collins, says race has been a periodic feature of the debate since well before federation.

For decades strong paternalistic leaders like Menzies, Calwell, Holt, Whitlam, and Fraser,(big companies)

“There are also very powerful forces that support immigration being as high as possible. Companies like Telstra and the big supermarkets are very geared to it.

Peter dutton (home affairs)

I have made it clear over recent weeks that I support the current level of migration. As the PM and I have said repeatedly; our migration program acts in the national interest by maintaining the same proportions of skilled and unskilled entrants as previous Coalition Governments.

Grattan chief executive John Daley

“We should be able to discuss the level of population and immigration without it becoming a matter of banning Muslims and Asians.’’

“If 117 years of Australian history shows us anything it is that governments can move people to the jobs but you can't move jobs to the people.’’

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten in Perth

deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce

Activities to look out for.....

Coag meeting in adelaide

population growth

Government’s 30th consecutive Newspoll loss.

Summary

Over population in Sydney and Melbourne, exclude others

Friends are Big businesses, employment agents, and some ministers

Chicken and egg problem. Need money for infrastructure but need immigration for money.

Coleman is new , he can't do anything.

@Russki

As my previous post. The person to look for are :

Michele O'Neil - ACTU 

Petter Dutton - Homeaffairs

Chief executive John Daley - Grattan

36 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

@Russki

Michele O'Neil - ACTU 

Looks like they are looking a Muslims, Asian, African.

Wow, some extensive research there @Sunnysideup! 😄  OK, so it looks like we have to email them. I can forward out petition to them also.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Russki said:

Wow, some extensive research there @Sunnysideup! 😄  OK, so it looks like we have to email them. I can forward out petition to them also.

Petition? I missed that. I've been away during Xtmas break. Can I see it?

53 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

@Russki

Michele O'Neil - ACTU 

What you have highlighted may affect future migration but has less affect on current transitional visas such as 887 applications, unless they are cutting staff who process visa applications.

My guess about this lag in the visa process.

Last year immigrant intake: 162k

Cap: 190k

Mr Morrison desired cap: 160k

Coincidently, Mr Morrisson's desire has been reached.

I reckon they will speed up our visas now the counting is back to zero. 

45 minutes ago, Russki said:

Not too sure what the approach should be. Prompt Peter his department is on the slow side lately by showing some statistic? Suggest a queue number system? Will pointing out the obvious going to work?

29 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

What you have highlighted may affect future migration but has less affect on current transitional visas such as 887 applications, unless they are cutting staff who process visa applications.

They are cutting processing staff..... just google it..... going by hundreds of them.

2 hours ago, Tamworth said:

hi everyone. 

Does anyone knows whats going on with the immi department. Are they still on Christmas vacations? 

This waiting game is killing me. Any idea when they will start doing some work?

I called them this morning and guy from customers service said “everything is operating normally now, holiday season is over “. I know its fukin frustrating to wait like this. 

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Samuel said:

I called them this morning and guy from customers service said “everything is operating normally now, holiday season is over “. I know its fukin frustrating to wait like this. 

"Operating normally" my a*se!!!!! 😄 😄 What is normal these days in their eyes?! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Called them today..almost had an argument with the person.. was of no use.. she said we have received a lot of applications.. i asked so the solution for that is you have stopped the processing for those applications.. but yeah was of no use

• Like 1

Moving on to a less stressful  topic...

Powerball jackpot is at $80 million guys!

Go grab yourself a ticket. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Delfin said:

looking at bright side, if anyone of us win $80 million. he or she can buy his/her own visa and citizenship and doesn't need to wait for 887.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delfin said:

Can we buy ticket tomorrow?