Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

Guys,

I am back in Aus with my family. Hope you all have enjoyed well x`max/new year holidays.

I wish they will grant my PR soon . I got pre grant on 28/11/18.

Congratulations @Applied 10/01 . 1 more step to go.

Cheers

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Hi guys. I received my Pre-grant today as I’m still out of the country. Does anyone know how long it will take now until I get my grant? Argh!!! Why couldn’t they just wait til I got back in 2 days!!!

the annoying thing is, I called immigration before I left. The guy on he phone told me there was no such thing as a pre grant for the 887, he also said I didn’t need to notify the dept I was leaving the country as my 489 doesn’t expire until Oct 2019. I asked him to notify Adelaide team just in case and he said he sent through an email letting them know I would be out of the country from dec1st until Jan 11th. But in my pre grant notification, it said that the department wasn’t notified of my departure from Australia. 🤬🤬🤬 

Applied 10/01/2018

first contact 30/7/2018 CO Dat

pre-grant 9/01/2019 CO Kimberly

I hope they gonna give you grant soon.. Finger crossed.

I am happy that they started moving things at least now... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Hi guys. I received my Pre-grant today as I’m still out of the country. Does anyone know how long it will take now until I get my grant? Argh!!! Why couldn’t they just wait til I got back in 2 days!!!

the annoying thing is, I called immigration before I left. The guy on he phone told me there was no such thing as a pre grant for the 887, he also said I didn’t need to notify the dept I was leaving the country as my 489 doesn’t expire until Oct 2019. I asked him to notify Adelaide team just in case and he said he sent through an email letting them know I would be out of the country from dec1st until Jan 11th. But in my pre grant notification, it said that the department wasn’t notified of my departure from Australia. 🤬🤬🤬 

Applied 10/01/2018

first contact 30/7/2018 CO Dat

pre-grant 9/01/2019 CO Kimberly

OMG!!!!! Things are starting to move?! Congratulations @Applied 10/01 🙂 🙂 🙂 🎉🎉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Angos said:

I hope they gonna give you grant soon.. Finger crossed.

I am happy that they started moving things at least now... 

I got my pre-grant on 27/08/2018 and still waiting. ☹️

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Navdeep said:

I got my pre-grant on 27/08/2018 and still waiting. ☹️

You will also get it Soon. Don't worry about it.This or next week you will get it. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Navdeep said:

I got my pre-grant on 27/08/2018 and still waiting. ☹️

Dont worry @Navdeep they gonna give your grant soon.. I know it is hard ..  you never know today may be your lucky day 🙂 your jackpot will be your grant .. 🙂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 4:58 PM, sunnny said:


I am pretty sure You can’t apply anyone once you have applied 887 except newborn child.
Best way is to apply 489 and then apply 887 together. Thats how i did in my case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sunny,

If u cannot add her into 887, What would be the next option for spouse to stay legally in Australia. I mean next visa options for spouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone pls confirm i cannot work in Melbourne even after I apply for 887 right? my 489 still valid until 2021... I got a really good job offer in Melbourne but i guess I will miss it 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enbaskar said:

Hi Sunny,

If u cannot add her into 887, What would be the next option for spouse to stay legally in Australia. I mean next visa options for spouse. 

Anyone know much about "subsequent entrant" option? 🙂  Maybe, that's the way? Don't know much about it myself...

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/subsequent-entry-pathway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Russki said:

Anyone know much about "subsequent entrant" option? 🙂  Maybe, that's the way? Don't know much about it myself...

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/subsequent-entry-pathway

Subsequent entrant is possible when you're still in 489. As soon as you apply for 887,  I'd reckon you waive your ability to make a 489 subsequent entrant application because you move into a much greyer area halfway towards 887. It's one of those grey areas, I think the best would be to speak to a (proper) MARA agent if the specific case seems complicated enough 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

Subsequent entrant is possible when you're still in 489. As soon as you apply for 887,  I'd reckon you waive your ability to make a 489 subsequent entrant application because you move into a much greyer area halfway towards 887. It's one of those grey areas, I think the best would be to speak to a (proper) MARA agent if the specific case seems complicated enough 😐

I absolutely agree, the agent advice here is the best way to go! 🙂 🙂 

As for the grey area, I think, this is pretty straightforward: the main person has 489 valid and until it expires, he can invite other family members as subsequent entrant. Applying for 887 on the background shouldn't hinder this right. 🙂  - and again, this is for an agent to confirm...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted one of the famous migration agent about adding spouse on 887. Their reply seams to be legit and make sense to me. I think it might be helpful for all current and future applicant.

Dear *****

Thank you for your email 

Presumably your 489 visa is still in effect, then you can apply for 489 Subsequent Entrant for your wife. 

When she gets this 489 Subsequent Entrant visa approval, she can enter Australia BUT you cannot add her in the 887 visa. 

You can lodge a new 887 visa with both applicants included OR wait until you get your 887 visa approved and then lodge onshore spouse visa 


Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Guys,

I am back in Aus with my family. Hope you all have enjoyed well x`max/new year holidays.

I wish they will grant my PR soon . I got pre grant on 28/11/18.

Congratulations @Applied 10/01 . 1 more step to go.

Cheers

When did you get back to Aus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nudgee said:

Can anyone pls confirm i cannot work in Melbourne even after I apply for 887 right? my 489 still valid until 2021... I got a really good job offer in Melbourne but i guess I will miss it 😞

In your 489 grant letter, there are some conditions and postcodes you can live and work. It's likely Melbourne is excluded, but maybe some area around it? In QLD for example, there're some towns near Brisbane that qualifies as regional (1-hour commute).

Theoretically, you have to live and work in a regional area but if you a least live in it....... you can take the risk of working in Melbourne.

When did you lodge your application? If you think you will have your 887 soon, you can do a FIFO. Leave your rent here and go for Melbourne during the week (I know it's costly but can work for a short duration). Can the company hire you in their branch in the city you are now? (then transfer you officially when you get your PR)

Naturally, the best option is to wait for your 889, but does it worth the risk?

We had some comments here while ago of people that moved before the 887 (after 2 years in the right place) and got their PR with no problems. Kind of, they will not know if you don't tell. (all paper for your 887 is already there)

I'm not suggesting this for you, I wouldn't do some dodgy like this. Just passing the information on.

I love the city I live anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

just check in.....can anyone advice me whether I can move to another regional area out of Darwin once I applied for 887? Example: regional suburbs mentioned in 489 visa....

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kevin said:

Congratulation in advance. I have never heard about the pre-grant notification at all before. So, is that meant that you will be automatically granted as soon as you back to Au? 

Is there any other conditions like 'you must back to Australia within certain time periods things?? 

 

I don’t think I get it automatically when I come back in the country. 

It just says

‘ Requirement to return to Australia.

I wish to advise that assessment of your application for a Skilled (Residence) (class VB) visa is nearing completion. At the time a decision is made on this application, all visa applicants must be in Australia at the same time for a visa to be granted.’

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Roma said:

Hi guys,

just check in.....can anyone advice me whether I can move to another regional area out of Darwin once I applied for 887? Example: regional suburbs mentioned in 489 visa....

Thanks!

Out of Darwin but within NT? sure you can.

Other than NT? Depends. 

Our invitation letter from NT (the letter you sent to the Immigration department) contains some requirements. Normally they match the 2 years living and 1-year work BUT sometimes they are different. For example, 2 years living and 2 years working in the regional sponsoring you.

So first check the letter you signed with NT for your commitments. If you have fulfilled all, you can move to another state (regional area). However, I'd contact NT immi department and request a formal confirmation you made your part of the deal. You should be able to find the contact details in the invitation letter you received for the 189.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George said:

In your 489 grant letter, there are some conditions and postcodes you can live and work. It's likely Melbourne is excluded, but maybe some area around it? In QLD for example, there're some towns near Brisbane that qualifies as regional (1-hour commute).

Theoretically, you have to live and work in a regional area but if you a least live in it....... you can take the risk of working in Melbourne.

When did you lodge your application? If you think you will have your 887 soon, you can do a FIFO. Leave your rent here and go for Melbourne during the week (I know it's costly but can work for a short duration). Can the company hire you in their branch in the city you are now? (then transfer you officially when you get your PR)

Naturally, the best option is to wait for your 889, but does it worth the risk?

We had some comments here while ago of people that moved before the 887 (after 2 years in the right place) and got their PR with no problems. Kind of, they will not know if you don't tell. (all paper for your 887 is already there)

I'm not suggesting this for you, I wouldn't do some dodgy like this. Just passing the information on.

I love the city I live anyway.

I will apply 887 in this April. My existing company in Adelaide will close its office and reloacate  to Melbourne. I offered a team leader role in Melbourne but I know the condition of 489 I cannot work there. I don’t want to risk my PR, although it’s a attractive position. Guess I just need to look for a new job in Adelaide then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roma said:

Hi guys,

just check in.....can anyone advice me whether I can move to another regional area out of Darwin once I applied for 887? Example: regional suburbs mentioned in 489 visa....

Thanks!

H Roma, 

I applied for 887 in Townsville QLD and moved to Bendigo VIC thereafter. I just updated my address in immi and my grant was not affected. So the answer is YES.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use