sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

23 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

clear indication what processing time gonna be when they update it next week. Looks like internally they have changed already😀

😄 😄 I think, they are just fobbing me off, because they are trained to protect the processing team from "nagging customers", hahaha! 😋

This is what the email says:

"Please be advised that your application was lodged on 25 September 2017 which is within current processing time. You can check the current processing time on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times."

Maybe, they thought it was 25 September 2018?! 🙄

[mention=3307]Don Family[/mention] did u check with your frnds.. anyone heard anything yet??

Hi mate,

I don’t know any Jan applicants.. No news as yet on my application. Sad days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the processing time was restart with every CO call. That sounds pretty efficient! 

Can anyone please advice, can I go overseas for 3 months after I submit 887 application? My 489 will not expire until 2021. I don’t need to apply for BVB and I don’t need to inform CO, is that correct ? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Russki said:

😄 😄 I think, they are just fobbing me off, because they are trained to protect the processing team from "nagging customers", hahaha! 😋

This is what the email says:

"Please be advised that your application was lodged on 25 September 2017 which is within current processing time. You can check the current processing time on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times."

Maybe, they thought it was 25 September 2018?! 🙄

It's so shame to be heard that message from the Global Unit Feedback.

However, they would make an excuse such as the up to 14 months processing time is for 90 % of applicants, probably your case is the 10% unfortunately 😞 

Anyway, still don't understand why it takes so long time to get the grant notification for this visa subclass as we already submitted all relevant documents when we applied for 489,  so they can simply consider the two main requirements and some other things which is very straight forward.

Surely, they delay it intentionally to make people staying in the regional area up to 4 years within 489 visa validity.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Can anyone please advice, can I go overseas for 3 months after I submit 887 application? My 489 will not expire until 2021. I don’t need to apply for BVB and I don’t need to inform CO, is that correct ? 

As far as I know,  if your 489 visa is still in valid,  you can travel overseas without giving them a notice or apply BVB because your bridging visa is not in effect. 

You can simply check your 887 bridging visa condition. 

As we all know,  the 887 visa processing time is getting longer and longer, so you don't have to worry about receiving pre-grant notification at all in this moment. 

As far as I know,  if your 489 visa is still in valid,  you can travel overseas without giving them a notice or apply BVB because your bridging visa is not in effect. 
You can simply check your 887 bridging visa condition. 
As we all know,  the 887 visa processing time is getting longer and longer, so you don't have to worry about receiving pre-grant notification at all in this moment. 

I have same question too, how about staying overseas more then 3 months? Does it gonna effect my application or not ??

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

On 12/4/2018 at 11:07 PM, Butt said:

We have many applicants from February till April. If each of them submit the feedback/complaint on daily basis by being anonymous, then atleast the responses are recorded there.
To be honest, we should do it on daily basis whether it change something or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi, 

hust to let you guys know I have submitted my application 887 on 5th of Jan 2018 and it still showing 12 to 14 month processing time .....

its frustrating.... I called immigration but they don’t seem to be helpful ....

On 1/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, Russki said:

I have sent a complaint to Global Feedback Unit today. Not hoping for an immediate grant, but just to remind them about my existence. And this is what I got back - a very irritated message saying: you have already complained twice before, stop contacting us as your application is STILL WITHIN PROCESSING TIME! 😄 😄 😄 Funniest thing I heard all day.

So I replied back to them sending the same link to immigration processing times and suggested they check it again, as I am hitting 16 months wait this month, and 16 months is clearly more than 12-14 months...

What can I say?! 🙂 They are struggling. 

Hi ,

i visited immigration office Melbourne recently and they said if you are out of processing time limit them come to us and put complaint ... just try that hope you get any hopeful reply..... it’s too much frustrating 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, Don Family said:

Hi mate,

I don’t know any Jan applicants.. No news as yet on my application. Sad days. emoji17.png

Hi, 

i submit my application on 5th Jan 2018 and still showing received .

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I think the homeaffairs team is among us. I could be dreaming.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, Russki said:

I have sent a complaint to Global Feedback Unit today. Not hoping for an immediate grant, but just to remind them about my existence. And this is what I got back - a very irritated message saying: you have already complained twice before, stop contacting us as your application is STILL WITHIN PROCESSING TIME! 😄 😄 😄 Funniest thing I heard all day.

So I replied back to them sending the same link to immigration processing times and suggested they check it again, as I am hitting 16 months wait this month, and 16 months is clearly more than 12-14 months...

What can I say?! 🙂 They are struggling. 

Comrade Russki

Here's something we could think about... as course of action

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/How-we-can-help/immigration-ombudsman

Ombudsman.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Aisha said:

Hi, 

hust to let you guys know I have submitted my application 887 on 5th of Jan 2018 and it still showing 12 to 14 month processing time .....

its frustrating.... I called immigration but they don’t seem to be helpful ....

Hi Aisha,

Hopefully you'll get a response after they resume works soon.

I've added you to the spread sheet.

Cheers

On 1/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, Don Family said:

Hi mate,

I don’t know any Jan applicants.. No news as yet on my application. Sad days. emoji17.png

I wish and pray immi team should start processing 887 with pace they use to, on or before 30 June 18 as I think that is the only solution to this issue. Looks like now the backlog of application is almost 1 year . Application of Jan 2018 are still unprocessed till January 19.

• Like 1

Once upon a time 887 visa processing and grant took just under 1 month 🧙‍♂️

887f.png

• Like 1

Once upon a time 887 visa processing and grant took just under 1 month 
887f.png.308b4f86dbf9ee40b0710b2972855d15.png
Good old days.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Good old days.

Yesterday, When I was young. The taste of life was sweet....................

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Aisha said:

Hi, 

i submit my application on 5th Jan 2018 and still showing received .

Hi @Aisha .. so you are saying they have not contacted you even once?? Thats odd..

Dear all, pls make feedback or complaints, otherwise we all face more and more time to get grant 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sunit said:

Mine processing time reach 18 months, still no grant, I m very frustrating now,

Mate,

Did you make a complain ? Are you in spread sheet ?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Sunit said:

Mine processing time reach 18 months, still no grant, I m very frustrating now,

And you have not been contacted even once??