Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 10th feb said:

They are updating the processing times

The website is in beta version. This indicates a change in anything, esp processing time. As expected. Lets pray for a miracle, processing time cut down to 11 to 12 months!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nada said:

And when close to the 13th month, will move to 16 to18....then 18 to 20...20 to 24, and after that the bridging visa will come into effect, and then when that too comes close to expiry, may be then+

Hey @Nada, I have some good news! Our bridging visas do not expire!!!! Not until our 887 is decided. 😉 🙂  So the unfortunate fact is - one can be on a bridging visa forever... 😞 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nada said:

The website is in beta version. This indicates a change in anything, esp processing time. As expected. Lets pray for a miracle, processing time cut down to 11 to 12 months!

Not possible mate.. otherwise all feb applicants would be out of timeframes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not gonna come down just prayit doesn't increase this time.. which to be very honest in very unlikely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Not possible mate.. otherwise all feb applicants would be out of timeframes 

I know it mate! Thats why said "miracle". :'-(

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I have 7 more empty slots to upload my documents before it reach 60. I wonder what will happen if I am require to upload more after that . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, peace_at_heart said:

Hey Can someone answer my question here?

Are we entitled to any paid maternity leave while we are waiting for 489 -> 887 grant?

Has anyone tried?

 

Thanks.

Nope. We are not. My baby was born on 14/2/18 and I got my pre grant last week when I was out of the country. Really hoping to get my visa granted soon and at least get a couple of weeks paid maternity before she turns one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, deftown said:

What do you mean by paid maternity leave? If you mean, pay by your employer, that depends on your employer totally. If it is paid by your employer then there is no dependency on your visa irrespective of what visa are you in.

If you mean paid maternity leave from centerlink then you should be a PR holder when you deliver a baby.

Centrelink payments are changed from 1st of January 2019. I think you need to wait for 1 year if the PR is granted after 1st of January 2019 for the paid maternity leave from centrelink.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
 

This isn’t true. I know at least 2 girls who got their centrelink paid maternity once their PR was granted. Their application for PR was processing when the baby was born. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Applied 10/01 said:

This isn’t true. I know at least 2 girls who got their centrelink paid maternity once their PR was granted. Their application for PR was processing when the baby was born. 

How recent was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

How recent was that?

Her baby was born November 2017 and her PR was granted July 2018. She got paid her 16 weeks centrelink after that. The other girl was similar dates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

This isn’t true. I know at least 2 girls who got their centrelink paid maternity once their PR was granted. Their application for PR was processing when the baby was born. 

Hi  Applied 10/01,

Please check the below link.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/eligibility/who-can-get-it 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve read all of this and I’ve been to centrelink where they told me I could claim the remainder of my maternity benefit once my pr comes through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

I’ve read all of this and I’ve been to centrelink where they told me I could claim the remainder of my maternity benefit once my pr comes through. 

See Centrelink officers differs each other. One person say we can, other one say we cannot. I'm not sure to whom you have consulted, but when i asked them by person and over the phone, they said you cannot, i should  have PR before the baby born.

Also please check new law from 1st Jan 2019, there is a waiting time for 2 years period. For "Peach_at_heart" user, he needs to wait for 2 years. 

 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deftown said:

See Centrelink officers differs each other. One person say we can, other one say we cannot. I'm not sure to whom you have consulted, but when i asked them by person and over the phone, they said you cannot, i should  have PR before the baby born.

Also please check new law from 1st Jan 2019, there is a waiting time for 2 years period. For "Peach_at_heart" user, he needs to wait for 2 years. 

 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

 

 

This is a grey area. ‘Newly arrived resident’ doesn’t apply to me. That’s what I’ve been told by numerous centrelink staff and on the phone. Each claim is different depending on the person and I’ve been told that because I’ve been here since 2012 that I’m not a ‘newly arrived resident’

Anyway, this is a forum about the 887 visa not centrelink payments so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if I get it or not and then I can let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

This is a grey area. ‘Newly arrived resident’ doesn’t apply to me. That’s what I’ve been told by numerous centrelink staff and on the phone. Each claim is different depending on the person and I’ve been told that because I’ve been here since 2012 that I’m not a ‘newly arrived resident’

Anyway, this is a forum about the 887 visa not centrelink payments so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if I get it or not and then I can let you know.

Yes, we will stop discussing this.

 

Did you get your PR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys Please help.

Is it ok to download and use flatemate agreement for home share tendency lease?

Thanks


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Haris said:

Guys Please help.

Is it ok to download and use flatemate agreement for home share tendency lease?

Thanks


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does it has your name on it??

If not you can give a stat dec for the same

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it has name of all the parties involved  

 

just thought by using that form could be casual.

thanks for reply

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use