sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

44 minutes ago, Nada said:

Jan n Feb applicants pls do something. You are blocking the queue. 😉

I think most of the Jan applications are done and Feb applications will start (hopefully) in Feb.

25 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I think most of the Jan applications are done and Feb applications will start (hopefully) in Feb.

I dont think so man.. there are lot of jan applicants left i think..one of my mates 21st jan and 25th jan applicants are still waiting after getting there 1st contact from CO

1 hour ago, Nada said:

Jan n Feb applicants pls do something. You are blocking the queue. 😉

It seems COs are extinct now. 😃😃😃

41 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Yes I know there are many Jan applicants waiting but its not like Feb where all applications are pending. At least Jan application are done more than 70%.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Nada said:

All the other visa types, other than 887 are moving smoothly. Its just us facing the brunt....

HI All,

I got my partner 489 subsequent visa just now. 

Applied : 12- Sep-2018

Visa Grant : 22-Jan-2019

Processing Time : 4 months .

Good luck for who are all waiting for 489 subsequent visa grant.

• Thanks 3

HI All,

Congratulations mate! Awesome stuff.

For a second I thought this was a PR grant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, enbaskar said:

HI All,

Who was the CO if I may ask?

This is the problem.. they have started working but they are not picking up our files.. there is something i dont like.. i am so frustrated at the moment..

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Don Family said:

What an example. emoji1747.pngemoji3603.png

What is going on here? Lol emoji848.png

There are two groups of people here, the first group who genuinely has a problem, the second who is trying to mess around with it. The latter are the ones who is responsible for the global time frame.

This is the problem.. they have started working but they are not picking up our files.. there is something i dont like.. i am so frustrated at the moment..

I know it’s frustrating friend. But we’ve come this far, we should hear something soon I reckon.

I’m thinking closer to our 1 year timeframe for sure. This Feb.

15 hours ago, 10th feb said:

I dont think so man.. there are lot of jan applicants left i think..one of my mates 21st jan and 25th jan applicants are still waiting after getting there 1st contact from CO

Yep. I applied on 25/01/2018. 

16 hours ago, 10th feb said:

U right my friend one on my friend who applied on 5/1/18 has not been contacted at all and  myself applied on 28/1/18 contacted once in September 17, 2018 but no response after that..... 😞

3 minutes ago, Everest said:

U right my friend one on my friend who applied on 5/1/18 has not been contacted at all and  myself applied on 28/1/18 contacted once in September 17, 2018 but no response after that..... 😞

Same to me, applied on 5/1/18, contacted by case officer on 26/7/18, then no response after that.

Hi All,

I am new here, just going through the Q&A and I know you are the best one here to guide me for a better tomorrow. I am moving to Adelaide in Feb'19 on 489 visa. I am into IT job (AWS cloud/ Python scripting | DevOps) on a good designation back home. I took the risk and have invested all my savings in this to have a better future(no complains or guilt as I am a risk taker but keeping my exact situation here). I know its a big risk to leave a good existing job and move to a new country and start everything from scratch therefore, I am a little worried/exited/anxious about how should I plan from here and all of you who are going to reply will play a big role in my upcoming decisions.

Some of the questions below, I know are too futuristic however, with the help of your knowledgeable answers and guidance, I just want to be on the side of caution from the very beginning.

1. What is the job situation in Adelaide for above skill set?

2. What is the best way to secure a job in Adelaide with no reference/onshore experience?

3. What is the possibility to secure a job from offshore?

4. I am married since last 4 years and now we want to bring our bundle of joy in the world soon:). 489 wont give us any medical facility so keeping this in mind, what is the best medical insurance (Affordable for a middle class) I should go for?

5. Once my newborn is there, what document work should I do in advance to avoid any hassle at the time of 887?

6. Can you tell me what are the things I should take care of beforehand so that I can increase my chances of 887 visa?

7. As per the rules to apply for 887 - (2 years stay and 1 year full time job) Does this mean, I can work anywhere after 1 year full time job and live in Adelaide and once I complete 2 years in Adelaide I can apply for 887?

8. So many people who have applied for 887, some by themselves and some by consultancy, (I know its too early) but for my record and to be on a safer side, can someone suggest me a good consultancy in Australia who will ensure the best document work and try their best to get you the PR grant?

9 - Anything apart from this,you would like to add or suggest to help me achieve my goal, which I forgot to mention here will be absolutely wonderful :)

1 hour ago, Preax said:

Anyone who worked only for ABN and applied for 887 ?

I claimed 19 weeks from ABN and remaining 33 weeks from TFN

I have applied my visa 887 on jan 2018 but still showing received and no contact yet from immigration . Even I submitted all the documents at the time of submitting my application . I am a bit worried as why there is no contact with me .... can anyone tell me please that is it a issue with my application or what???? 

Thanks 

21 minutes ago, Aisha said:

I have applied my visa 887 on jan 2018 but still showing received and no contact yet from immigration . Even I submitted all the documents at the time of submitting my application . I am a bit worried as why there is no contact with me .... can anyone tell me please that is it a issue with my application or what???? 

Thanks 

Have u called them???

Just now, 10th feb said:

The website is down .. keep an eye on the processing times . I think they are updating it

It's working.. No change of processing time... 12-14 months

• Thanks 2